• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Leaked render?

I presume you are talking about more then what was shown in the CSS leak, as neither the face portrait or his battle portrait showed enough to reveal the Dark Pit Staff.

Someone catch me up now please.

Just this.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

From Sakurai's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/328869208752521218

If the leak is entirely true, this image will be blatant trolling, since Sakurai stated the image had nothing to do with the game in development.

Dark Pit's leaked render has him holding the Dark Pit Staff, just like the figure.

Oh yeah, and Lucina also has a figma figure (as masked Marth, but still), like fellow Nintendo characters Link, Samus, Pit and Dark Pit.
Strange. Why does Dark Pit get a figma but Ness, Charizard, and Bowser don't?

Just this.
I find it funny how bad the font looks considering it's the real thing. The font doesn't look straight at all. As is D in Dark Pit is low and R in Random is low.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So would that mean Dark Pit has his own moveset,or would it mean he's Falco III? (Swaganondorf is Falco II)
Dark Pit Staff may only be used for a few special moves. He is in the clone corner with Dr. Mario and Lucina, so I don't expect major differences from Pit aside a few different special moves and different properties on normal moves.

I think Dr. Mario may have something like this going on with the possible lack of FLUDD, meaning he could sort of be pre-Brawl Mario with his own twists.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Strange. Why does Dark Pit get a figma but Ness, Charizard, and Bowser don't?
Figmas are often released to promote stuff. There are loads of anime characters that got figmas too.

Link got one for Zelda: Skyward Sword. Samus for Metroid: Other M. Pit and Dark Pit for Kid Icarus: Uprising. And now, masked Marth/Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening also has one.

Popular anime like Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online also had figmas of the main characters. (Yes, there are Eren, Armin, Mikasa, Levi, Kirito and Asuna figma figures.)

Snake is also getting one with MGS V.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Because Dark Pit doesn't have the ability to stand the way his figure was built.
No, to get a Figma (brand of figure) you need to be a popular character. How come he gets one over Ness? Charizard and Bowser aren't human so thats ok.

Figmas are often released to promote stuff. There are loads of anime characters that got figmas too.

Link got one for Zelda: Skyward Sword. Samus for Metroid: Other M. Pit and Dark Pit for Kid Icarus: Uprising. And now, masked Marth/Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening also has one.

Popular anime like Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online also had figmas of the main characters. (Yes, there are Eren, Armin, Mikasa, Levi, Kirito and Asuna figma figures.)

Snake is also getting one with MGS V.
Oh, I mean I know that figmas are like that for anime, I own a Tsumugi Kotobuki one. I'm just kind of surprised that a Nintendo Character like Dark Pit gets one. Does Palutena have one?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, I mean I know that figmas are like that for anime, I own a Tsumugi Kotobuki one. I'm just kind of surprised that a Nintendo Character like Dark Pit gets one. Does Palutena have one?
Nope. The only Nintendo characters with figmas are the ones I mentioned:
- Link (Zelda: Skyward Sword)
- Samus (Metroid: Other M)
- Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
- Dark Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising) - His figma has a Silver Bow and a Dark Pit Staff included.
- Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - Disguised as Marth with her mask.

In retrospective, Lucina and Dark Pit make a lot of sense to be in Smash. They're very popular characters in Japan to the point of having figmas and also are easier to implement in the game. Their inclusion is pandering, basically.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think we're done with character reveals until release.
I think there will be trailers for unlockable newcomers that will only be shown in-game.

Sakurai stated every newcomer would get their own trailer and these could be watched in-game.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think there will be trailers for unlockable newcomers that will only be shown in-game.

Sakurai stated every newcomer would get their own trailer and these could be watched in-game.
It would be great to see those trailers once you unlock the character, right after the challenger approaching scene.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Yeah, if there isn't one at PAX, there's not going to be one until Japanese release.
Especially considering(If the eshop photo is indeed the starting roster) Sakurai would not want to spoil the secret characters until release. Sigh....

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I kinda feel that if the leak is real then I'll main Dark Pit, he's so much cooler than normal Pit imo.

I mean, I enjoyed the Dark Pit pallete swap in Brawl, and they could've easily made him a Pit alt, but either way I'm fine with it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Samus takes two two slots. Link takes up two slots. Zelda technically takes up two slots. If these characters can take up two slots, why can't THE FACE OF FREAKING NINTENDO take up two slots?!
lol
Those characters generally have unique movests, sans Toon Link, but I get what my fellow Brovyle is saying.
It's just odd that the Dr. didn't bring Young Link, Pichu, Roy, and Mewtwo along with him. Especially Mewtwo, as he wasn't even a clone to begin with.

---

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Interestingly enough, after Shulk's reveal, Monlith Soft is present on the company credits. I wonder what this could mean for Snake and Konami.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Interestingly enough, after Shulk's reveal, Monlith Soft is present on the company credits. I wonder what this could mean for Snake and Konami.
NOW IT"S SNAKE TIME! But if Snake does somehow come back(Which I see as very unlikely), I hope Reyn bursts in Snakes Codec call for Shulk

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is how I feel right now:
Now all I need is for Sakurai to push Tiz into the fray.
Tiz is third party, though.

Bravely Default may have been published by Nintendo outside of Japan, but the franchise belongs to Square Enix.

Absolutely nothing.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
This is how I feel right now:
Now all I need is for Sakurai to push Tiz into the fray.
Ah Tiz. The somewhat clueless village boy. It'd be interesting to see him in smash, but I'm not sure what his moveset could be without him using abilities from other classes.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Conspiracy theory
If the leaker hadn't unlocked all the characters yet, and Mewtwo wasn't shown on the roster, then there are two explanations

1. He's not coming back
2. He is back, but was just as much of a pain in the neck to unlock as he was in Melee

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't see how that would matter. People wouldn't care if he was as bad as we was in Melee, as long as he was in. So I don't see a reason to hold him back.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
NOW IT"S SNAKE TIME! But if Snake does somehow come back(Which I see as very unlikely), I hope Reyn bursts in Snakes Codec call for Shulk
Snake: Mei Ling, tell me about Shulk.
Mei Ling: Well, Snake, Shulk is the heir to the Monado. Basically, he can-
Reyn: Now it's Reyn time!
Snake: What the- How did you get into this codec?
Reyn: Man, what a bunch'a jokers!
Mei Ling: Excuse me?!
Reyn: I'm turning up the heat!
Snake: Well do you know anything about Shulk, at least?
Reyn: Shulk is my mate, he's the strongest guy I know, he gets visions from the Mondao which let him win even the toughest fights!
Snake: Well, thanks for the advice, that's really-
Reyn: Suck on this!
*Call gets disconnected*

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Conspiracy theory
If the leaker hadn't unlocked all the characters yet, and Mewtwo wasn't shown on the roster, then there are two explanations

1. He's not coming back
2. He is back, but was just as much of a pain in the neck to unlock as he was in Melee
It's possible. The leaker didn't have All Star Mode unlocked, and we all know how you unlock that.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Snake: Mei Ling, tell me about Shulk.
Mei Ling: Well, Snake, Shulk is the heir to the Monado. Basically, he can-
Reyn: Now it's Reyn time!
Snake: What the- How did you get into this codec?
Reyn: Man, what a bunch'a jokers!
Mei Ling: Excuse me?!
Reyn: I'm turning up the heat!
Snake: Well do you know anything about Shulk, at least?
Reyn: Shulk is my mate, he's the strongest guy I know, he gets visions from the Mondao which let him win even the toughest fights!
Snake: Well, thanks for the advice, that's really-
Reyn: Suck on this!
*Call gets disconnected*
Sigh. I'll miss the codecs. I hope Sakurai listened to the fans and added KI: Uprising-styled conversations to replace them.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don't see how that would matter. People wouldn't care if he was as bad as we was in Melee, as long as he was in. So I don't see a reason to hold him back.
Eh, I was pretty decent with Mewtwo in Melee, and Sakurai wouldn't just do him in the same has he was in Melee since Melee was considered to be a game in Pokemon Generation 2. This is Generation 6, a lot has changed.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith

Just some wishful thinking at the most.

@ Pega-pony Princess Pega-pony Princess

Well, his Freelancer class does allow fair usage of every sort of weapon in the game. (Swords, Axes, Spears, Rods, Staves, Daggers, Bows, Katanas, Knuckles, and even Empty-Handed)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom