• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

I'm not making a case for Anthony's removal, just that I don't think Adam and MB should be removed either.

While yes Adam is "dead", bear in mind that he is now Samus' computer as shown in Fusion, meaning he is technically a recurring character.
He is also an important figure to Samus' history, serving as a father figure throughout her life.

And while yes, MB's only real point of interest would be to have some form of Mother Brain playable in Smash (despite MB just being an android under influence of Mother Brain's AI), that's still having some form of Mother Brain playable in Smash.
As in, the only major villain in the franchise other than Ridley (and Metroid Prime/Dark Samus).

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm not making a case for Anthony's removal, just that I don't think Adam and MB should be removed either.

While yes Adam is "dead", bear in mind that he is now Samus' computer as shown in Fusion, meaning he is technically a recurring character.
He is also an important figure to Samus' history, serving as a father figure throughout her life.

And while yes, MB's only real point of interest would be to have some form of Mother Brain playable in Smash (despite MB just being an android under influence of Mother Brain's AI), that's still having some form of Mother Brain playable in Smash.
As in, the only major villain in the franchise other than Ridley (and Metroid Prime/Dark Samus).
Then why not have all of three then? It's not killing anybody to keep these characters and they are all within reason,

Let's just axe out the other Bounty Hunters then.

D

Deleted member

Then why not have all of three then? It's not killing anybody to keep these characters and they are all within reason,

Let's just axe out the other Bounty Hunters then.
I....never said otherwise......?

Blue_Sunshine

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-3301-0014
I bet when they announce Meta Knight in Smash 4 they're gonna give him a crazy trailer, HE'S BACK, THE MOST POPULAR CHARACTER! :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think you posted in the wrong thread Blue.

Anyway, are we close to reaching a consensus on the Metroid series. In any case I'll jump the gun for the Yoshi series. I think we should keep 'em all.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Maybe combine Baby Mario and Baby Luigi? There's no chance Baby Luigi will be in the game unless he's with Baby Mario anyway I'd presume.

Also not convinced about Baby Bowser, but that's mostly to similarities in design to Bowser Jr. who I'd guess would get in over Baby Bowser? Even though Baby Bowser is technically the main villain of the series, Kamek is often seen as the most important enemy in the Yoshi franchise.

I know a few people have suggested Shy Guy as a Yoshi rep, but I can't personally see many people wanting him.

(I really hope I'm doing this right.)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Yeah, the only thing I'd change to Yoshi would be combining the Baby Bros to one slot.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Baby Mario and Baby luigi were kept separate just in case only BM made it, kind of like Dixie and Kiddy Kongs.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I think Baby Mario and Baby luigi were kept separate just in case only BM made it, kind of like Dixie and Kiddy Kongs.
Yeah, each separate character gets a separate spot. (which is why Zelda and Sheik have separate spots rather than having one for every possible variation of the characters)
It just makes it look a bit cleaner and organized than having like 5 spots just for Zelda due to the possibilities of whether she gets to turn into sheik / impa / or not.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only character I'd cut is Baby Bowser. I just can't see him getting in over Bowser Jr, if Sakurai wanted to go down that route.

D

Deleted member

It seems that people want to jump ahead before the thread creator, so I guess we're done with Metroid.

The Hunters, alternate Ridleys (other than Meta), and MB will be removed.

Now for Yoshi, what I've seen so far is to remove Baby Bowser.
......not really much else.

Welp, might as well just do that and be done.

So next is Kirby.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
in the meantime enjoy this wonderful picture of the DK crew

Zelda will probably be up tomorrow / friday

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

For Kirby, I think we can definitely remove Nightmare, Marx, Lololo and Lalala, Gooey, Adeleine, Galacta Knight, Gooey, Magalor, Knuckle Joe, Prince Fluff and Daroach (as much as it pains me to say it).

That would leave the "Return to Dreamland Four" and Dark Matter, who I believe is the most recurring actual villain.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It may be easier to say who to keep so, the veterans, K. Joe, Waddle Dee, Prince Fluff and Gooey. I like Adeline but I can't let my love of webcomics affect my judgement.

Also I may be jumping the gun but I think we should keep all characters in the retro and other charts. With Wii Fit Trainer and past unexpected character you never know what will happen.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Why?

As for removals, I'd say everyone except the veterans and Bandana Dee. And maybe Dark Matter.
Assist Trophy status. It's for the same reason we aren't removing Petey and Meta Ridley, except they were bosses.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Assist Trophy status. It's for the same reason we aren't removing Petey and Meta Ridley, except they were bosses.
I know it was probably Golden's decision, but that really doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you're going to exclude other ATs. Creates a bit of a double standard then, even if the ones removed are highly unlikely. Might as well include all the Pokeball Pokemon if you're going with the ATs and bosses just because they're ATs and bosses, it's not like most of them were even considered.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait, so then why were Lakitu+Spinies and Hammer Bro removed from the Mario list?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Keep the veterans, Waddle Dee, Prince Fluff, Magolor, and Dark Matter.

That leaves us with the Dreamland Four, Prince Fluff who may or may not be relevant on part of the upcoming Yarn Yoshi, Magolor who has shown to be alive and on friendly terms after the events of KRtDL via Kirby's Dream Collection, and Dark Matter who has the most frequences as a Kirby villain. Nobody else has really appeared in a game in the last 12 years, assuming we're not counting remakes. Daroach has practically non-existent support while Galacta Knight is already too similar to Meta Knight.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Add Keeby.
We don't know if there will be alternate palettes yet.

keep the vets, joe, dee, dark matter, fluff, and magolor imo

D

Deleted member

I know it was probably Golden's decision, but that really doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you're going to exclude other ATs. Creates a bit of a double standard then, even if the ones removed are highly unlikely. Might as well include all the Pokeball Pokemon if you're going with the ATs and bosses just because they're ATs and bosses, it's not like most of them were even considered.
The only ATs excluded are characters that cannot be considered feasible (Metroid, Andross, Nintendog), are minor common enemies/units (Lakitu, Hammer Bro., Infantry and Tanks (though technically, the Batallion Wars Grunt can count for those)), or are 3rd Party (Gray Fox and Shadow), which is a whole separate demon to tackle.
And none of them were ever on the chart outside the 3rd Parties (which again, is a whole separate demon to tackle).

Is it really a double standard?
And this was done what, months ago? Why should issue be brought up now?

And drawing comparison to Poké Ball summons? So what, to avoid some "double standard" I should make the Pokémon chart about twice as long as the Other Series charts filled with random Pokémon that are either obscure, unfeasible, or both?
Give me a break.
I've included 4 (other than Charizard, obviously) summons that are actually believable as characters. But, Pokémon is going in a specific direction now for the chart, so 3 out of 4 are going to be removed.
And no, that's not a double standard.

Wait, so then why were Lakitu+Spinies and Hammer Bro removed from the Mario list?
They weren't removed; they were never on the chart to begin with. -_-

D

Deleted member

My computer decided to go through an update that required a restart right as I was about to post the voting list.

Well, it was easy enough, Dark Matter has 1 vote for removal with a "maybe" vote as well, Fluff has 3 votes, Magolor has 5 votes, and everyone else (that isn't Waddle Dee, who has no votes) has 6-7 votes.

Going by this, Dark Matter and Dee are completely safe, Prince Fluff is in consideration, and the rest are pretty much gone.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only ATs excluded are characters that cannot be considered feasible (Metroid, Andross, Nintendog), are minor common enemies/units
are minor common enemies/units
minor common enemies/units

Knuckle Joe is ineligible for removal.
minor common enemies/units
They weren't removed; they were never on the chart to begin with. -_-
Seems to be.

Give me a break.
Just holding you to your logic.

I mean, they're your rules. And it's your chart. But you're breaking your own rules and defying your own logic. Why not just include the characters, whether they be ATs, or Pokeballs, or bosses, or none of the above that actually have a decent chance instead of not even including some ATs yet making others in the same situation, just a different series, ineligible for removal. It makes little sense.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Three questions

Why is Giga Bowser on the Mario chart?

Shouldn't Lololo and Lalala be put into the other/ retro characters section?

Does this mean we start with StarFox?

D

Deleted member

Seems to be.

Just holding you to your logic.
Somehow I knew you were going to nitpick about that.
Fortunately, I counted on it.
You do realize that's a specific Knuckle Joe, right? The Helper version? Before Return to Dream Land (which came after Brawl), it was the only Joe that was blond with blue clothes.
By your logic, I should get rid of Waddle Dee, since it's literally just a Waddle Dee. Just one that wears a bandana.
Same with Toad from Mario, since he's well....a Toad. Oh, he's a specific Toad? Hard to tell these days since he looks just like the other generic members of his species and barely does anything to stand out from them.

I mean, they're your rules. And it's your chart. But you're breaking your own rules and defying your own logic. Why not just include the characters, whether they be ATs, or Pokeballs, or bosses, or none of the above that actually have a decent chance instead of not even including some ATs yet making others in the same situation, just a different series, ineligible for removal. It makes little sense.
I'm breaking nothing of the sort. And quite frankly, you're starting to piss me off.

D

Deleted member

Three questions

Why is Giga Bowser on the Mario chart?

Does this mean we start with StarFox?
-Association with Bowser; only legit playable through Bowser's Final Smash. Wario-Man will join Wario on the Wario series update for the same reason; because legit playable through Wario's Final Smash......Wario.

-No. Lololo and Lalala are from Kirby. They are NOT Lolo and Lala from Eggerland/Adventures of Lolo, though they are based off of them. It is rather questionable if Nintendo has control over the original characters since they debuted on a non-Nintendo system, and the games were completely HAL Labs titles with no involvement from Nintendo itself like with Kirby.

-I'll give it another few hours or so.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Funny you should say that. The characters in those games were Lolo and Lala, though. When they were added to Kirby's Dream Land 3 years later, they had an extra syllable added to their names and are essentially synonymous with Kirby at this point.

I don't think they're very likely in the first place, considering they haven't been in a single Kirby game outside of Dream Land 1 and Super Star.
Edit: Darn, ninja'd by a giant robot driver.

Top Bottom