• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

earla

Smash Lord
has that interpretation been used for brawl before?

jamwa mentioned it forces him to counter pick himself haha..

what character does he play again..?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Lucas and Ness I assume.

I personally dont like that stage format, but its up to jei i guess.

The stage thing would work out better if we actually used a bigger stagelist. With 6, its not really enough.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer

I heard it used for a melee ruleset with a very small stage list. I think it would apply well to all small list; still can use counters, but not the same one everytime, and no one has to cp a stage they don't want to play on.

:phone:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
So uh, the 6 stages we have always played on, FD, BF, SV, YI, PS1, LC.
As for counterpicking in a bo5, man I dunno...the first stage played on becomes available again after the 3rd game...
Is that okay? Lol I don't know what's good. I just play on levels, Pit is pretty chill.

Attila_

BRoomer
So uh, the 6 stages we have always played on, FD, BF, SV, YI, PS1, LC.
As for counterpicking in a bo5, man I dunno...the first stage played on becomes available again after the 3rd game...
Is that okay? Lol I don't know what's good. I just play on levels, Pit is pretty chill.

I agree with this.

Although I worded it better lol

Jamwa

Smash Champion

FD (opponent bans) and SV banned if i win on it = bf
tons of characters beat lucas/ness there :/

lets just play on Hanenbow (or actually bring in brinstar)

Yeah leish lets team.
time to look up lucas + rob we are the first lucas + rob team in history

Attila_

BRoomer
To be fair, when's the last time you made it far enough to play a bo5 in tourney? This rule will only effect a small number of people.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
*affect
if you change dsr to this "cant pick most recent stage you won on" rule, surely this is worse as you may have to beat someone on their counterpick twice to win a b05 set

http://www.facebook.com/events/380345985368532/
doors open noon, i rec get there on 12 for setup and friendlies before tourneys get underway at 1-1:30

Attila_

BRoomer
*affect
if you change dsr to this "cant pick most recent stage you won on" rule, surely this is worse as you may have to beat someone on their counterpick twice to win a b05 set

http://www.facebook.com/events/380345985368532/
doors open noon, i rec get there on 12 for setup and friendlies before tourneys get underway at 1-1:30
Atilla, it affects me in a bo3
we ignore dsr if the player wants to return to the stage that the 1st game occured on. that means that one player can win on the same stage 3 times in a bo5. which is silly.

but the normal interpretation means that all but 1 of the six stage will need to be played on, definitely forcing players to waste their cp on stages they dont actually want to play on.

what i've suggested is a nice middle ground between the traditional, and our made up interpretation.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Jamwa, team with mes? I'm pretty cool. Unless Gary is going and wants to team. Gotta make sure..

As for the food, I think it'll be best to get here around 12:30ish and eat before one. And if not, notify aTO. If you take a billion hours getting food though, you may lose a bracket match...
I'm most probably going; if I don't, it'd be cos I'm starting to feel a little unwell.
If Toshi is free I could team with him so that you can team with Jamwa.

Toshi, I summon you!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
PLEASE BRING CONSOLES/GAMES PLEASE GUYS

We always have more tvs than setups, so bring ur setups! Dont just assume other people will bring their stuff because NO ONE DOES

Dont drop the ball here folks!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
PLEASE BRING CONSOLES/GAMES PLEASE GUYS

We always have more tvs than setups, so bring ur setups! Dont just assume other people will bring their stuff because NO ONE DOES

Dont drop the ball here folks!

Nido

ily Sebby
I'm hopeless with maps and identifying buildings so what does the venue look like from the outside?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Results were like.

Singles
1st earl
2nd ledge
3rd jei
4th ribs
5th leisha
5th nicks
7th danza
7th (unsure who this was. Viva?)

Doubles
Ledge and toshi
Earl + nicks
Leisha and viva
Jei+tibs

Edit: lawl that auto correct XD, tibs is now ribs :p

Shoutouts tonight

Robsta

Smash Ace
Shoutouts

sweet chilli philly: First couple of games I played against you I did really well, then you warmed up and demoralized me for the rest of the day. Thanks as always

Tibsz: Thanks for the friendlies, you should use your fox more.

Bogan/david: Always nice to see you

TOshi: Luigi sux play a real character

Joey: Thanks for the friendies and not noticing that I rawted your cup of chips C:

P-Diddy: Thanks for driving dekar, me and redact to the promised land. Awesome looking stick too!

Leisha: Sorry for bailing on friday, I just checked what I wrote in the social thread then and holy **** what am I talking about rofl

Everyone else (especially Jei)
GET ON MY LEVEL

Top Bottom