• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

SHuVL-Smash

Smash Apprentice
i may be able to go up for the doubles but i get back from perth AT 1:30 so i may not be able to. anyone who wants to be my doubles partner and is willing to wait a while and doesn't necessarily want to play please let me know before 6:30 tomorrow morning! btw i main :wolf:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
same as brawl, 1:30 doubles 4pm singles
if you want to enter doubles we could probably hold your match or just put you into losers... or maybe we won't start until 2ppm depending on attendance

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking to come to this as my first tournament and am wondering if anyone would be available as a doubles partner for brawl/melee (the person I was coming with had to cancel)?

Splice

Smash Hero
Good to see Jared and Plasia again, hopefully I will see more of you two at coming events. Our set was pretty good Jared, you made a lot of mistakes but the set was still clutch so securing those kills was a good feeling. Probably should have asked for more friendlies during the tournaments down times.

Shoutouts to Bus and Matt for all da games and KFC din dins. You really are improving Jake and Matt you're as honest as always, good to see.
Metal bands are pretty sick too yeah

Props to Seb for doing well at the tournament and to Attila for winning, big thanks to Attila for the lift home.

Btw Joey I really enjoyed our set in melee, it's so stupid that GnW feels more useful in that game although I was playing against a Luigi. Bad luck about the first game but it was a good set from my perspective. Thankyou for the games I will see you soon for dumplings.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I'm looking to come to this as my first tournament and am wondering if anyone would be available as a doubles partner for brawl/melee (the person I was coming with had to cancel)?
did you end up coming? we can normally find partners for people without issues...

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Brawl doubles:
1. Dean + Ledge
2. Jei + Khoa
3. Joey + Sebby
4. You'll Be Nicks (Attila + Jamwa)
5. Toshi + Negai
5. Kevin + Roland
7. Rascal + Ace
7. Penguin + Nido

Melee doubles:
=1. Ching and Chong (Toshi + Joey)
=1. **** Slayers (Dekar + Penguin)
3. Jilla (Jei + Attila)
4. One Opression (Atticus + Sebby)
5. 1900 VIEWERS (Tux + Hardpelican)
5. So ****ing honest! (RedX + Bus)
7. Scribblesaint (Scribble + Swordsaint)
7. The DOTA Master and Redact (Redact and Plasia)

Brawl singles:
1. Attila
2. Sebby
3. Ledge
4. Jei
5. Splice
5. Dean
7. Toshi
7. Tommie
9. Khoa
9. Jamwa
9. Dekar
9. Steve
13. Roland
13. Ace
13. Nido
13. Kevin
17. Penguin
17. Danza
17. Rascal
17. Shuvl

Melee singles:
1. Dekar
2. Redact
3. Atticus
4. RedX
5. Splice
5. Toshi
7. Jei
7. Joey
9. Plasia
9. Bahoo
9. Tux
9. Max
13. Penguin
13. Mr Scribble
[collapse=Melee singles bracket]
[/collapse]

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I played so bad today, but whatever I won right before I left so it was all good.
Maybe my bad performance is a strategy so that I get seated against Atilla first round at SS.
You guys will never know.

pikmin.org were you Tux?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
How is the victorian PR looking after these latest few tournaments? I'm quite interested to see where people may move or not after BAM. ^_^

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
How is the victorian PR looking after these latest few tournaments? I'm quite interested to see where people may move or not after BAM. ^_^
Joey's now #6 after his awe-inspiring performance in doubles.

Poor Danza kinda got bracket *****, I guess that's the result when we had to put Splice in at the last moment :/

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
I played so bad today, but whatever I won right before I left so it was all good.
Maybe my bad performance is a strategy so that I get seated against Atilla first round at SS.
You guys will never know.

pikmin.org were you Tux?
Yeah that was me. I'm Roland (entered in as Tux in Melee dubs I think).

This was really fun, thanks to Kevin and Pelican for being my team-mates in brawl/melee (double Jiggs! lol) and just everyone else who I played friendlies with and got to meet. Sucks that I had to leave and forfeit out of brawl singles and didn't get to play melee singles, but there's always next time, I guess. A fun first tournament experience for sure.

did you end up coming? we can normally find partners for people without issues...
Yeah, I found team-mates. Thanks for the concern though. :)

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Great tourney, as always.

Dean: I don't know how I lost after winning the first game. I was super confident I was finally going to beat you... But brawl...
Sebby: You absolutely owned my Snake, good job, haha! And the MK ditto was fun!
Dekar & Nido: Thanks for the games, they were fun!

I was on my last legs with brawl. But this tourney actually got me into the game again. Gonna start maining MK now. :D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
shoutouts:
toshi - didn't play you at all, wtf
atticus - such an amazing coach, wtf
tomiie - stick to falco plz, wtf
skeletom, tibs - wtf

Bu$

HoC
Shout outs to all ma nigz. Dekar for giving me the butt ****, RedX for being ma Yolo when i was his Swag and to Splice for num 1 Aus training. Good tournament and good melee turn out! GGs to all.

Splice

Smash Hero
Joey's now #6 after his awe-inspiring performance in doubles.

Poor Danza kinda got bracket *****, I guess that's the result when we had to put Splice in at the last moment :/

I notified Attila of my entry before the official start time of the tournament and a good 2 and a half hours before the tournament actually began.
Don't blame **** on me because you put me against him, just make a better bracket. Considering you revamped the entire bracket after I attended it would've been easy to swap Danza with one of the other players who had to play a game first round like Roland or Penguin considering we know Danza is quite good. Then you could have put that person against Nido or something instead of me so I would have the seeded bye. wow 2 easy

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I wasn't blaming you. :/
We didn't revamp the whole bracket, we had to swap you into where a bye was. Of which there were a limited number suitable as people had already started playing.

Attila_

BRoomer
thanks to everyone for coming, espc the new guys. made an effort to have games with everyone, hopefully you enjoyed them as much as i did. look forward to seeing everyone again!

so two things:

1. SLHQ approached me asking if i wanted to run tournaments fortnightly. i think this is a pretty cool idea, but wanted some feedback in regards to what people would like. do we want two serious tourneys? one with no pot, one with a pot? one with item stamina teams? one with points for SS pool seeding? give me some feedback.

2. someone from CW has a few CRTs to give away. does anyone need one?

(^^^)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
1. imo monthly is the way to go
2. if they're fine for smash, let's replace that melee doubles dud tv at SLHQ

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Most of us are on holidays now and I'm keen to play lots. After holidays however, might not be able to play tourney fortnightly.

Yes please, I really need a crt, I only have a laggy TV to play on. I could even host a small meet if I had one.

Splice

Smash Hero
I'd like to reserve a CRT for Jamwa
He really needs one, his TV has a fly's lifespan of delay.
And so he has to come to my place for practice, and I'd rather go to his because when he comes over he wrecks up the place.

If you have fortnightly smash tournaments I will attend even when it's not holidays because time management is for winners

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Every three weeks sounds better then fortnightly.

Or fortnightly with reduced venue fee...lol

Dekar289

Smash Hero
@dekar: which tv is laggy?
the left melee teams tv
third tv from the entrance
during teams matches all 4 just ended up watching the right tv

attendance was low tbh, that's with this tournament taking place 6 weeks after BAM and giving people plenty of notice
to have tournaments any more frequently than once a month (every 4-5 weeks) seems silly
if people are super keen to have small casual meets at SLHQ in between tournies then sure go for it, but i think having events like this one every 2 weeks would be really dumb
for many there would be effectively no more tournaments outside of majors, since most people only come to tournaments because most melbourne smashers will be there. fortnightly events of 10 people would mean this is no longer the case.

Hughie

Smash Lad
I'm at SHuVL's place right now, he needs a CRT. He's got this laggy flatscreen that is a pain to play smash on

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Yeah a CRT would be great to have.

Tux you were really good, I think you would have placed above 9th at that tournament if you had the right seeding

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
I think it might have been the splitter or console, the right TV wasn't as nauseating as the left TV but the game definitely felt slow/choppy/off on both.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
I've got a Samsung CRT right outside my door that my mum keeps bugging me to get rid of. No one has taken due to it's size. It's pretty big (roughly 68cm screen), and in very good condition (the video input for AV is a little damaged, but still works perfectly). I'm not sure if it has been touched by rain, it shouldn't be though.

If anyone is interested I can take it back in and test it to see if it works.

We don't use it as we've got two lag-less LCDs.

EDIT:
I'm pretty sure it's the same model and size as this one:

Attila_

BRoomer
20 entrants for brawl, despite a number being unable to come due to exams/uni stuff.

if people are worried about overcommiting, i made the suggestion of a proper tourney and a lol tourney, which might appeal to them. i figure people want to play anyway.

Top Bottom