• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Okay time for shoutouts:
Fudge + Dylan: Lol at tourney match on Poke Floats, glad you guys are having fun.
Skeletom + Forte: We got no teamwork we edgeguarded/edgehogged ea other lol was so funny ggs regardless. Special thanks to Forte being the ONLY person cheering for me during RMIT/Dreadtechs, and to Skeletom giving me directions to Maccas, my fkn phone keeps crashing wtf.
Shoutouts to:
dekar for rekking me with my own character
Dude I know man, Dekar 4 stocked me. I was like wtf I don't believe this, then I became salty.
Sadistic + Hobs: I was hoping to vs Shuvl and Dean because low tier team hype but at least we had a really fun tourney match. Dude you beat Dave in P:M? He beat me pretty badly in Melee.
Matt + Hughie: Too good guys. Deserved the win.
Bryan: Why did we play on that dumb CRT? Very close games gg
Moxie: Sonic too crazy, I wasn't prepared for that. Idk what happened game 2 except for randy Wizard Kicks that somehow landed. My Roy needs work, lost game 3 cos of mah scrub Roy.
Slamdunk+Jkts: Games finished rather quickly, don't get discouraged for getting 4 stocked. Work harder and you'll get good results!
Jamwa: That match was a nightmare for me, also you better stop SDing so you stand better chance to wreck the top P:M players.
Boris: I think you did quite well, I know you seemed a bit disappointed after losing, don't be! The Melee bracket was so stacked...
Miles: I stood no chance, counter-picked Roy as a desperate attempt to win using dumb gimmicks, because I can't win with non-existent skill. You were laughing a lot, I hoped you enjoyed the match lol.
David Adam: I have a bad record against Falcos, I'm not surprised to lose to you at all. GGs regardless.
Dekar: Why are you surprised I'm not in top 8 for P:M? I got real lucky at RMIT, 9th is okay with me!
Dean: If we ever do meet in tourney I'll be sure to take the low-tier matchup!
Special shoutouts to anyone who took a game of Lucky, keepin us Aussies proud!
Extra shoutouts to everyone I played friendlies with / talked to, too many to remember since I got KOed early in Melee, especially Lucky! I'm pretty sure he sandbagged a bit to let me win a match but still he's super chill, and his opinions on smash 4 were very intriguing.

Lastly that fkn apocalyptic 20xx CRT that I kept smacking at the venue. Sorry to everyone I distracted, that TV mad at everyone because we didn't pay enough tributes to our overlords. I had nightmares that night, and woke up sweating help me plz.

Splice

Smash Hero
Lastly that fkn apocalyptic 20xx CRT that I kept smacking at the venue. Sorry to everyone I distracted, that TV mad at everyone because we didn't pay enough tributes to our overlords. I had nightmares that night, and woke up sweating help me plz.
Actually that was my CRT that worked perfectly fine before you ****ing wrecked it you sheep shagger.
The wires/AV's need to have pressure on them to work. People were playing on it earlier and they loosened, easy fix if you just push the AV's in really hard. You could've asked someone instead of breaking someones TV.

This community is built on people looking after one another and supporting the community as a whole.
There is a huge amount of trust between everyone in the community when we are bringing equipment to events and staying at peoples houses and having a good time with people who are almost strangers. You completely took this for granted and didn't use an ounce of intelligence when you completely totalled something that belonged to someone else.

This action shows you clearly have no gratitude or consideration to the people who are so generously welcoming you as part of this community.

Are you going to reimburse me for breaking the TV that I USE TO PLAY MELEE?

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i smacked it the hardest, bill.
if i buggered the tv, let me know and we'll go shopping for a new one on a bro date

Splice

Smash Hero
Well ****
you can't even buy CRTs anymore afaik but hopefully we'll score a trinitron somehow?

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Actually that was my CRT that worked perfectly fine before you ****ing wrecked it you sheep shagger.
The wires/AV's need to have pressure on them to work. People were playing on it earlier and they loosened, easy fix if you just push the AV's in really hard. You could've asked someone instead of breaking someones TV.

This community is built on people looking after one another and supporting the community as a whole.
There is a huge amount of trust between everyone in the community when we are bringing equipment to events and staying at peoples houses and having a good time with people who are almost strangers. You completely took this for granted and didn't use an ounce of intelligence when you completely totalled something that belonged to someone else.

This action shows you clearly have no gratitude or consideration to the people who are so generously welcoming you as part of this community.

Are you going to reimburse me for breaking the TV that I USE TO PLAY MELEE?
I have tried to do that as well, putting a hell lot of pressure on the wires, before I started using desperate measures because well it's not my TV, and obviously you know how to make it work better. There's also a possibility that it was wrecked before I starting hitting it, I don't know, let's just assume I buggered it without knowing.

i smacked it the hardest, bill.
if i buggered the tv, let me know and we'll go shopping for a new one on a bro date
He's clearly mad at me, even if you did do that, get him a better TV, get me to hand money to him, and tell him that I'm not what he thinks, I feel as if I have destroyed my image to him, and broken his trust. The trust is the #1 thing I need to fix. I do care very much about this welcoming community, problem is I don't know how to show that how much I appreciate it, or prove it. I'm an idiot for smacking his TV in the first place, and it most likely got buggered before you even touched it. Do not take the blame Dekar, you're very generous and you've done a lot for the community already being the TOs for many events and organising plenty of stuff.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
<3
what was the model bill? i remember it being on the top left corner of the tv, HITRON or something?

Splice

Smash Hero
Samsung Hitron yer
CRTs aren't the hardest thing to replace but I would like another one that's good
I just think it's a bit ridiculous that I should even expect something to get so horrendously ****ed
Dreadtech set up the TV without me, If I'd have been there I would've remembered to set up the AV's right but I don't think this justifies the abuse it took. Please replace

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Samsung Hitron yer
CRTs aren't the hardest thing to replace but I would like another one that's good
I just think it's a bit ridiculous that I should even expect something to get so horrendously ****ed
Dreadtech set up the TV without me, If I'd have been there I would've remembered to set up the AV's right but I don't think this justifies the abuse it took. Please replace
To be completely honest, I think it was wrecked before I starting hitting it, it behaved the exact same way from start to end of tourney, but I know full well you're not gonna believe it, I get it, so any amount of $$ you want for the TV you can have it buddy. Me, and hobs tried to figure the TV out only to fail, the TV would completely screw up at times.
I have no clue how to get a CRT for myself let alone getting one for you.

th0r

Smash Rookie
I have no clue how to get a CRT for myself let alone getting one for you.
Find out when hard rubbish is collected in your area. The streets will be practically lined with CRT's. The trick is getting to them before the rain does.

Splice

Smash Hero
^It was last week and they're all gone now. Good timing.

It worked before the tournament, the way you have to set up the AV's is stupid. Like I said I could've set it up but dreadtech picked up the TV, I arrived later via public transport and did not remember or think to set them up correctly.
This doesn't really justify the fact it doesn't work now though which is my point.

I can get a new one I just think you're a ****wit

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Consider SSV as the last time you'll see me at the tournament, I won't have to bother you, or anyone from the community I offended any longer. I'm sorry, I've ruined the reputation of the aussie smash community for being a total ****wit the past few tourneys, a total clown. The community is very tight-knit and I don't want to ruin that at all, it's like destroying a loving family. I can't believe I'm considering this, but if I continue to show up then I'm only tearing the community apart even more.

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Consider SSV as the last time you'll see me at the tournament, I won't have to bother you, or anyone from the community I offended any longer. I'm sorry, I've ruined the reputation of the aussie smash community for being a total ****wit the past few tourneys, a total clown. The community is very tight-knit and I don't want to ruin that at all, it's like destroying a loving family. I can't believe I'm considering this, but if I continue to show up then I'm only tearing the community apart even more.
Cannot decide if trolling or not. Should only be trolling Billy for being a precious idiot

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
I am not trolling. Only done so in the past with the other 'trolls', everything has been sincere at this point.

Splice

Smash Hero
Dave said it's his fault anyway. It's cool if you don't want to pay for a ****box CRT from cash converters but I'm not the center of this community either. No-one's asking you to quit dude and you don't need me to like you to be part of this scene.
You're clearly taking this too hard up the ass and my post is half-directed at Dave anyway (first me mum's Golden Gaytime, now this?)

I withhold the right to be a prick and not forgive you though.
3rd time I've had stuff I've taken to a tourney not work once it got home. 3rd time I've taken stuff to a tourney.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if none of this is trolling then both stop overreacting, please.
it's a crt, not one of jei's kids. easily replaced.

S.D

Smash Master
Relax guys, no need to get emo Iam, everyone is always welcome in this community. I'm sure you didn;t mean any harm but people do get upset when this stuff happens. I know Jaz has like never returned since someone stole his cube for instance. Let's shake hands and go hunt down a nice CRT for bilbo.

Bu$

HoC
Samsung Hitron yer
Do you want a HoC crt in the meantime?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I can watch Bus's sig for hours, it had me in a trance for a while.

With a CRT called HITron it's just asking to be hit tbh.
And my kids are easily replaceable Deks, I enjoy what's involved in creating them and will look for any reason to do so.

Either way let's all be friends again, I wasn't even there that day and I hit it a couple of times too.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Billy confirmed grumpy, but for reals that CRT is probably more responsible for billy's melee skill than any person in the scene (trufax). In fact Billy even named the sonova.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
shoutouts to dread for great tournament. and for fun doubles match. and for pot boost lol, $25 is the most I've ever won and all from a 7 man bracket.

shoutouts to jamwa hobspawn and sadistic in melee teams. especially jankwa for fourside and janky infinite.

shoutouts to joe for epic teaming and pokémon funtimes.

shoutouts to lucky for lolbrawl.

shoutouts to hughie bcus your improvement since last SS is an inspiration to all of us. when i got on a roll and got an early kill game 1 i thought "yeah i can do this" but you were like "NOPE" QQ

shoutouts to billeh for playing brawl with me all these years, you have been so good for so long i can only beat you now when you give limited ****s about the game.

shoutouts to codie for being really good and shooting missiles and me and utilting me at the ledge :(

shoutouts to tibs for being rusty and running into swallowcides

shoutouts to joey for based coaching during brawl finals

shoutouts to attila for friendlies/tournament

shoutouts to dylan for friendlies and fire emblem :3

shoutouts to 1&% and hyes for making walk to train station not boring

splice if you need a crt there is seriously one taking up space and gathering dust in my garage that needs a good home?

Last edited:
Top Bottom