• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 European Player Tiers [update in progress]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I'll make mine (not ordered within a tier)
SS-tier
- Maltfox
- Antd

S-Tier
- Maddy
- Mahie (as far as I remember since he's been away for a long time)
- Craiigg (when he's serious)
- Fays (others might disagree lol)

A-Tier
- dandan
- King Funk
- Jam
- Lawrencelot (haven't played him much though)
- Bear (really really underrated player, but belongs to a-tier in my opinion)

B-tier
- Wabius
- Max ( he has some noobish habit, but great player otherwise)
- Dark (haven't played him for a long time, not sure about his level)
- Zensn (he really improved so much after his so-called break)
- Smeek

C-tier
- Stan (haven't played him in 1v1 lately so I might be biased)
- Aske (same)
- Branzillo (not very active though)
- Cave

D-tier
- Olikus (might be biased since I haven't played him for some times and he's improving quickly)
- Teen (stupid and laggy, hard to place him somewhere)

I think that's all, if I've forgotten anyone then I apologise. Before people cry, this list is based on MY opinion and since I've been almost inactive it might be ALL WRONG.

Oh and I would put myself in c-tier, but since I tried not to include inactive players I don't deserve to be on that list lol.

Thanks for your time and consideration if you've read up to that point.

Agony

Smash Rookie
C-tier
- Stan (haven't played him in 1v1 lately so I might be biased)
- Aske (same)
- Branzillo (not very active though)
- Cave
Hey dude, long time no see =D
I've been currently inactive for6-7 months atm so if you want to improve the accuracy of your tier list you should remove me :D
As far as i remember, branzillo was slightly better than me, except in some matchups (btw he didn't play very often).
You and I were almost even, mainly due to you not being very constant (sometimes ****** me badly and sometimes losing quite a lot). You had the potential however =D
I also remember me and zen being almost even (or he being slightly worse), but since everyone keeps telling he's improved a lot i'd assume that as a fact.
Teen was campy, laggy and sometimes annoying, and bear is fun to play and underrated!

Bring my greetings to the whole community!
I'll get back when i'm gonna have some spare time!
Cave

Battlecow

Play to Win
How is bear B-tier? He's clearly S tier or at the VERY VERY VERY least A-tier. I know I shouldn't judge from vids, but tourney results? Bear 2gud.

Mahie

Smash Lord
The level has been changing too much recently, making a list right now wouldn't make too much sense. Better waiting a bit, or base it solely on tourney results, but we only have OCC1 to use so...

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah Mahie is right. Even my list is already outdated lol.

And I agree battlecow, but since he's been messing around for years nobody noticed how good he is.

Olikus

Smash Champion
The level has been changing too much recently, making a list right now wouldn't make too much sense. Better waiting a bit, or base it solely on tourney results, but we only have OCC1 to use so...
Finnish your last games then, and lets start OCC2 =D

Battlecow

Play to Win
Are you FINALLY gonna pull out the Polygon DK, turn up the Bob Dylan, and kick some ***? You've been going easy on these Eurolames with your pika for too long.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Are you FINALLY gonna pull out the Polygon DK, turn up the Bob Dylan, and kick some ***? You've been going easy on these Eurolames with your pika for too long.
Be patient. It may happen sooner than you think. :afrainbo:

Kabutox

Smash Apprentice
^ We have dandan.

...Get it?

Either way, we need to discuss this topic. I've got some ideas about this list.

xx ly.

Battlecow

Play to Win
So where's ARMADA you guys should put him in B-tier just to show the melee nubs where they get off.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Fays, write your list just like I did. Btw, my list isn't so accurate anymore I think.

I've placed zen too high (no offense to him, he's good but he just doesn't beat me for some reason =/).

And on sunday I've seen Seretur, wonder if he's gonna be active again or not.

I've also missed some people like psyk0 (who would belong to D-tier IMHO and IIRC) and Lxs (who I've never played).

Oh and I've seen/played Byte recently, I hope he's playing again too. As for his placement, it's hard to say since he only plays pika, but I would say c-tier, even though he fsmash too much.

Finally, someone should place myself as I don't want to do it =P.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Allright heres my list. And remeber its my opinion. The tiers are not ordered.

SS-Tier

- Mahie
- Craiigg

S-Tier

- Fays
- Maddy
- Bear

A-Tier

- dandan
- King Funk
- Jam
- Lawrencelot

B-tier

- Wabius
- Max
- Squall

C-tier

- SmeEk
- Stan
- Aske
- Branzillo
- Zensn
- Sheick

D-tier

- Lxs
- Trinity

The only person im very unsecure about is Max cus I havent played him in a very long time. But I remember him as being good. As mentioned none of the list are ordered but I do feel funk is a little bit better than the rest of my A-tier but not enough of S-tier.

Feel free to disagree and post your list folks ;)

Kabutox

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking

S:
Craigg, Fays, Mahie

A:
Maddy, Bear

B:
Jam, Dandan, King funk, Lawrencelot

C:
Wabius

I'm not sure about the rest quite yet, nor am I 100% about Jam and Law

Sangoku

Smash Master
Thanks for not including me fays, I know you think I'm a noob ='(

And your tier list is too harsh, if wabius is c-tier, most of the other people won't be in there.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Not sure if it's a good idea to go on to F, as the referential would be totally different.

I think Olikus' idea of first SS-tier, then S-tier is better.

And I was kidding about you not including me ^^. Either way you should place me really low as I just can't do anything against you. Don't know if it's a matter of style or whatever... That's why we should have as most personal tier lists as possible, but only you, Olikus and I seem concerned about it =(.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Its smart as squall says to have many lists from different people, so you can get a wider aspect of players. There are people on my list that i havent played much/ some time ago and therefore might be biased. But overall my list turned out great. *Brag*

Sangoku

Smash Master
I might redo a better version of mine soon...

The biggest problem will be the c-tier I guess. Because a lot of the players will be in there, while almost nobody would be in some other tiers.

And is ordering within a tier a good idea? It might be good if I often appear in the same tier as Wabius, since I am clearly less good than him ^^. Anyway I don't think we will get so many different lists.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I might redo a better version of mine soon...

The biggest problem will be the c-tier I guess. Because a lot of the players will be in there, while almost nobody would be in some other tiers.

And is ordering within a tier a good idea? It might be good if I often appear in the same tier as Wabius, since I am clearly less good than him ^^. Anyway I don't think we will get so many different lists.
I think its okay with a big C-tier. Cus thats the fact. Many people are in that skill level. Same with its few people in the B-tier skill level.

Ordering might be a good idea. But its hard now I think. Need more tourneys. Like you can say a guy is A-tier but its hard to say if he is high or low, if you havent played him much.

Regarding your placement it might be biased, but I go closer with wabius than you. You are actually the only person below A-tier that I have problem playing against. Maybe I didnt play my best vs you recently I dunno, but I dont wanna be a johner. So I think you should be in B-tier, at least for now. =D

Pontus

Smash Apprentice
Luigo sucks, has dumb old habits. But he has good spacing and reaction. Should be A tier

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't think Funk's temporary tier list is up to date. I would still not put luigo in a though. He's good mainly because he's got a gay pika (sit on edge, grab, gimp), but his actual skill isn't that great. Dandan fits more the a-tier standard in my opinion.

:phone:

Pontus

Smash Apprentice
Okay thats why he has 5-4 and you have 0-3 in the league

if you didnt know luigo is sandbagging like all the time in friendlies

Sangoku

Smash Master
What are you talking about? How the fact he beat fuzzy and took 2 games of Funk and I lost to Jam relevant to his tier placing? I guess you wanted to "prove" he was better than me by saying that, but that's a complete failure. 1st because I've never claimed otherwise, 2nd because you're "argument" is completely invalid. And lol at he's sandbagging. He said himself that people were being *****es by saying they sandbag and "a win is a win, doesn't matter if the other said he sandbagged". People should learn to stop including their own emotions into tier lists. I mean, it's not because he's your buddy and maybe you **** each other in bed that your opinion on his tier should be altered. Or maybe you just can't tell since all the people we're talking about are above your level.

Also since I see we can't have a proper debate about tiers with you (look how shallow your posts are), I guess the discussion is over. At least it is for me.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Why don't you guys chill and wait for more league data before we update any of this ? At least it's tangible, but I agree Squall losing to Jam and Luigo beating Fuzzyness isn't much, although his performance against Funk was really promising.

Electric91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dikuru
Warning Received
Hey everyone, i know that you are all here discussing something a bit irrelevant to what i'm going to say;

I created an FB group for EU tournaments all across. That way when there is a 64 tournament happening you all know where to go & can create one. I'm mostly going to create EU SB64 tourneys :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Smash64Europe/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom