• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Ranking System by MATTS! [CANCELED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Sorry Canceled

Real Smash 64 Ranking System:​

Presented by MATTS!, gLue, and PEPPER.​

This is for Online Ranking System.​

North American Only​

How this Ranking System works:

Sign-up.

You will be randomly placed for a match vs anybody in the sign-ups each time you are done with your previous match. This will allow a true outcome for a rise to the top for a Real ranking system as if you fight somebody above you, and win it depends how you won, what you won by, IF YOU WON. same goes if your in last place and you fight #1 guy even though you win, you might only move up 1 spot, depends, and also your record will help you move up also, being 24- 0 and having lots of points will also be, how you will be ranked.

Once your finished with your match, post who won. I need to know the following in each post, OR YOUR MATCH WON'T COUNT, AND WILL BE A DISCARDED MATCH

---------------------------------------------------

A discarded match is bad as it shows you suck and don't listen to directions and don't play your matches cuase you john and complain and make up excuses. You get -20 points for each Discarded match.

Example:

1. Soup (-20) [0 - 0 - 1]
2. malva00

[* - * - *] will be wins and losses and discarded matches.

----------------------------------------------------
Examples:

Soup vs. malva00.
Soup beat malva00 in a 5 stock match.
1 game played.
Won by 2 stocks.
P2P match.
Hyrule.

BOMB vs. ZOD
BOMB beat ZOD in a 3 stock match.
3 games played.
BOMB wins 1st game by 3 stocks.
ZOD wins 2nd game by 1 stock.
BOMB wins 3rd game by 4 stocks.
Server match.
Dreamland.

--------------------------------------------------

You can play whatever game type you want. How ever many stock, games, p2p, server, stage, But I need the RESULTS POSTED to help rank during the ranking system.

The more games and stocks you play and the more you can hold on to while winning matches the more points you will get vs that person the more you will be moved up in the ranking system.

P2P, server, and stage will not get points as this is a PREFERENCE and not an outcome.

--------------------------------------------------

At start. Everybody is ranked #1

You will be placed based on Points by the Ranking System as follows:

First of off by winning. When you win, you will may or may not be placed above who you beat. Just cause you beat them doesn't mean your better than them. There where this system comes in:

Example:

1. Soup
1. malva00

[There will be a Matches pending sheet you can check to see who you face next for bracket play]

[There will also be a Finished match Sheet for each person beside their name with all info from each match that has been played throughout the Ranking system from start to present]

Soup vs. malva00.
Soup beat malva00 in a 5 stock match.
1 game played.
Won by 2 stocks.
P2P match.
Hyrule.

How ever many games you play gets you points:

1 game played you get 10 points
2 games played gets you 20 pints(In the result of only 1 game win by both, and if both you don't play another game, you can go by stock wins to see who came out on top as the winner, as in favor you SHOULD play 3 games ODD amount of games (3, 5, 7, and so on) for a WINNER. Thanks.)
3 games played gets you 30 points
4 games and so on +10 each game....

How ever many stocks remain gets you points:

1 stock gets you 10 points
2 stocks gets you 20 points
3 stocks gets you 30 points
4 stocks and so on +10 each stock....

SO: if this happen: Heres the rank:

() will be amount of points you have

[] will be wins and losses and discarded matches.

1. Soup (30) [1- 0 - 0]
2. malva00

Since only 1 game was played. malva00 gets no points as he had no winning game so he is below Soup ranked #2. Soup has 30 POINTS, and is 1 - 0, and has a defeat vs malva.

So the Final real would look like this:

Matches PENDING: Matches Pending

1. Soup (30) [1-0] Soup's Stats
2. malva00

malva00 would also have one with it being a defeat.

I know there's going to be Questions. Im trying to think of all to write down so there won't be no questions, so if I forgot something, let me know.

Real Smash 64 Ranking System (Online):

MATCHES PENDING: MATCHES PENDING

and so on...

-----------------------------------------------------

Sign-Ups:

1. Supamario Supamario Stats
1. vitillo 123 vitillo 123 Stats
1. jevster jevster Stats
and so on...

----------------------------------------------
Infinite amount of people can sign up. As I want everybody ONLINE to sign up so we can see whos top online.

THIS is a never ending ranking system that will keep going forever and ever.

So if you ever feel like moving up in the ranking system... Just check who you need to play and play them. You will always have a game as long as others play.

On people that DON'T PLAY....

You get 2 days to play your match or it will become a discarded match, you will get -20 points...

Unless other wise posted for reasons.

Thanks.

WHEN you sign up please provide your E-mail for contact as when you check the matches pending to see who you play, you can find them in this Thread and contact them. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks and SIGN-up as we will see WHO IS the top online, and who is 2nd and 3rd and so on, IN ONLINE SMASH BROS. 64!

Thanks. The Great MATTS!.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'll sign up, no way i beat malva though lololol

titaniachkt

Smash Cadet
Lot of thought went in to this matts! et al, looks promising.I'll sign up too if it's everbody online & not N.A exclusive.

Name: tianitachkt (aka mogul online)
Times Available: Random; pm me or Kaillera

Near²

Banned via Warnings
somebody give this gurrl tournament director already!

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Lot of thought went in to this matts! et al, looks promising.I'll sign up too if it's everbody online & not N.A exclusive.

Name: tianitachkt (aka mogul online)
Times Available: Random; pm me or Kaillera
Sorry, but this is North America ONLY

The Great MATTS!

MATTS!

Smash Ace
So this is a ranking system just for you to play forever or what?
This is a smash 64 online ranking system. To see everybodys wins and losses, and rankings within the smash 64 online community. Thanks.

The Great MATTS!

Battlecow

Play to Win
This seems like a pretty bad idea. We can have this or the ladder, but I don't feel like constantly searching for people on both of them. I mean, it's a good idea, but we need some kind of governing body to organize these things and make sure it's centralized and universally accepted. No, not a backroom. If a couple of mods, for example, were to give this the thumbs up, and everyone started signing up, I'd join, but as it is we're gonna end up with this AND Surri's ranking tournies AND the ladder and it all just seems confusing and overcomplicated. Sorry MATTS!, I know you put a lot of effort into this.

MATTS!

Smash Ace
This seems like a pretty bad idea. We can have this or the ladder, but I don't feel like constantly searching for people on both of them. I mean, it's a good idea, but we need some kind of governing body to organize these things and make sure it's centralized and universally accepted. No, not a backroom. If a couple of mods, for example, were to give this the thumbs up, and everyone started signing up, I'd join, but as it is we're gonna end up with this AND Surri's ranking tournies AND the ladder and it all just seems confusing and overcomplicated. Sorry MATTS!, I know you put a lot of effort into this.

I thought about this for an hour and your right battlecow, I did put ALOT, and ALOT of work into this, and I know this would work out better than anything thats has been for ssb64. But not everybody will sign up for it, and most people don't even come on smashbaords that playing online. So this is a "not going to get anywhere," just like the rest of the tourneys and ranking sytems here on smashboards. So yea. It is pointless. Thanks though.

The Great MATTS!

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Once my Ranked tourneys get a few under its belt you'll see a nice ranking system like you planned.

I am glad you did want to try and help our competitive scene but this obviously isn't the way about it.

You should keep hosting your tourneys IMO.

And just a note..the ladder is actually pretty active within the top 10...that might be a small number but it's an actual competitive event that isn't just sitting there and rotting :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom