• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Remake?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I really find it weird that they decided to put Jiggly in the game rather than Meowth. In the original anime, IIRC jiggly shows up in like every 3 episodes, while meowth shows up in like every episode. If I'd ever make a smash game I'd definitely put Meowth in it.
The anime had no relevance to Jiggly being in SSB, it was popularity.
In Japan, Pikachu is the most popular pokemon and probably always will be, at the time of SSB64's creation Jiggly was the second most popular. Obviously the popularity stemmed from the anime, but the anime itself didn't affect their decision.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Ugh...as if you think the anime was what decided the roster...

Jigglypuff was almost voted as the character to follow Satoshi around, if I recall correctly.

D

Deleted member

1. No, Smash 64 is the least boring of them all
2. It's a video game, are you going to be so immature you get mad over it?
you seem to have the notion that I am getting mad over a video game rather than your stupidity

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I seem to enjoy Smash 64 over Melee and Brawl, but Brawl+ is the best in my opinion.

Knuckles_Fan

Smash Rookie
That idea could actually work, especially considering how many retro Smash Bros fans there are. I would buy it, no doubt. They could add 6 more characters, but they would have to be newcomers. In other words they should be characters that haven't been in Melee or Brawl either. and yeah, definately a couple more stages, at the least. I think the playing style should be somewhat the same as in the original too, including the epic smash soundtrack on it.

H0lyQuebec

Smash Apprentice
more characters..hmm...

Banjo-Kazooie(as one)

Bomberman(mostly from bomberman: second attack, with different elemental bombs)

Glover(oh hell no, but that would make a great character actually considering his moves in the actuall Glover game)

Chrono(that'd be awesome!!)

Some melee FF characters like Sabin from ff6. Fighting style would be like Snake's(no projectiles)B moves would be some Blitz. ff6 and below were snes, not playstation. I know that snes characters might not fit in too much but hey, it's not like ssb was the last game that came out.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu should be taken out for Megaman.

Megaman

Links Weight
Mario jump hight

Upsmash = Marths melee/brawl upsmash [14%]
Downsmash = Samus downsmash [12%]
R/Lsmash = Sword thingy (were he sticks out a lazor sword like thing like off the game, Really Good hit box.) [16%]

Uair = Double Upward Kick (Fox's uair, but kicks forward/upward) [10%]
Dair = Down kick (Like brings foot up in air then kicks down, can spike) [13%]
Fair = Cannon blow up (Hits you it will make explosion, if it bairly hits you, you'll just get hit by the edge and will do half damage) [25%, If no explosion then 12%]
Bair = Links Back kick [12%]

Utilt = Face kick (Kicks Forward like forward kirby kick, Jigglypuff utilt knockback) [10%]
Dtilt = Links Dtilt with Jigglypuff dtilt knockback [10%]
Ftilt = Kick [6%]

Jab = Punch [3%]
Jabx2 = Punch punch [6%]
Jab combo = Punch, punch... [each hit is 6%]

UpB = Marths melee/brawl upB only with lazor sword [18%]
nB = Samus Lazor Charge [lowest - 10%, Full - 25%]
DownB = Fox's n-B. (He shoots a quick blue lazor out.) [8%]

Tant = Puts Hand on hip, Holds 1 Leg upward slightly, Holds gun hand upward.

Colors
Default = Blue
Alt 1 = Red
Alt 2 = Black/grey
Alt 3 = Yellow
Alt 4(Teams) = Green

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Which Megaman are we talking about? X (Z-Saber)? Battle Network (Sword battlechip)? Please don't say Star Force.

The original Megaman didn't have an original sword weapon (ignoring stuff like Flame Sword from MM8)

Banjo-Kazooie would be amazing.

Zodiac

Smash Master
If I remember right, ddd, peach, bowser, zelda and pit were all supposed to be there. but pit got bumped for jigglypuff since pokemon was more popular at the time.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
If I remember right, ddd, peach, bowser, zelda and pit were all supposed to be there. but pit got bumped for jigglypuff since pokemon was more popular at the time.

Pit is gay, His ball haven't even dropped yet.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
yours have neither, let's leave it at that.

Falco would be cool

Kakugyo

Smash Cadet
And Sukapon. But I like the idea of ganondorf more, also, there shouldn't be so many mario characters.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Bro you don't understand. 64 and Melee and incredibly different in terms of physics. This is a discussion for an expanded game with 64 physics.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Even with that said, Nintendo itself will hardly do that, I'm really sure about it, but as we're talking about more characters, I'd say the possible ones:

Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Ganondorf
Peach
Megaman

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Really? You don't think Nintendo will make a new N64 game based off of Smash and include characters/stages that we express desire for in this thread?

Way to rain on my parade... I guess I'll just have to chalk this thread up to a fun fantastical discussion. Bummer.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
We all contribute in different ways. You're a pretty smart guy. I'm sure you contribute to serious discussions of the game.
I contribute by saying arguably funny things sometimes, and in return I get responses from people which make me lol.
Although I got an infraction for that post, I don't regret it.

This is my way of the ninja.

EDIT: On topic: Zangief should be in this game.
This is the best post in all this Board, I'll never forget this. XD

(§L)£ink

Smash Cadet
lol Lord Chump? hes hardly been in the paper mairo series only the thousand year door ive beat the game like a million times and ya bowser and dedede, it be more funnie rwith those do guys in.

Kakugyo

Smash Cadet
Really? You don't think Nintendo will make a new N64 game based off of Smash and include characters/stages that we express desire for in this thread?

Way to rain on my parade... I guess I'll just have to chalk this thread up to a fun fantastical discussion. Bummer.
It's just like, what have you to gain from being a sarcastic *******? It wasn't even funny. I'm just confused why you would waste your time. Seriously, I don't understand.

Kakugyo

Smash Cadet
Even with that said, Nintendo itself will hardly do that, I'm really sure about it, but as we're talking about more characters, I'd say the possible ones:

Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Ganondorf
Peach
Megaman
And why does evreryone keep saying megaman? He's a third party character and one the least asked for.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Megaman is probably the most requested 3rd party character besides Sonic, and Sonic's in Brawl.

Anyway, my list:
-Wario
-The most recent Fire Emblem protagonist (probably not Marth; his style wouldn't fit well with the game mechanics)
-Meta Knight
-Young Link
-Mewtwo
-Starfy

Stages:
-Rice Beach [Wario Land]
-Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
-Tal Tal Heights [Link's Awakening]
-Cerulean Cave [Pokémon]
-Smashville (Brawl)

D

Deleted member

I think Bowser and Banjo Kajooi or whatever his name is should have been in that game, but i can see why they werenOt put in. Lol, no other characters really seem to come to mind, with the characters, SSB64 seems to be great just the way it is, except Jiggz was kinda random imo and i still dunt understand why they put her in the game as opposed to a more popular pokemon, such as maybe Mewtwo or Meowth. Maybe just to add another female to the game, who knows. Also i still wonder why people keep saying how Megaman should be in this game, sure, he was a Nintendo character at one time, but now heIs third-party, and heIs already in at least one other fighting game.
As for the stages i think maybe some platform above a race track in F-Zero would be good for a CF stage, but i dunno about Ness, since i (along with 99.99% of gamers frum the US) havenOt played Earthebound before. Also one of the few things i hate about the stage list in that game is thereIs no true "neutral" stage, unlike brawl and Melee. The closest thing to that is Dream Land. I mean, itIs a grea neutral, itIs just it could be better.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Megaman because...

Okay, I'll put it this way. Who is more likely to be in a fighter game, Megaman, or Jigglypuff? I rest my case.

Banjo Kazooie because moves fit.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff is from a game that's all about fighting? :confused:

Megaman would be legit just because he's a classic character, even if he isn't owned by nintendo everyone knows about the megaman games.

Banjo kazooie would be awesome, they'd need a few more aerials but there's way more to go on than for captain falcon :laugh:

Top Bottom