• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash and Air Gear

pickle962

Smash Lord
I've gotten into the manga Air Gear over the past few months and couldn't help but notice that it and the Super Smash Bros. series share a couple of similarites. Anyways, let's get started shall we?

In air gear, the characters do battle with a type of skates called air trecks or AT's for short and use and skills or tricks they have at their disposal.
In smash, the characters do battle with whatever skills and tricks they have at their disopsal.

Whenever a person starts AT's, They start out in F class and progress by battling other riders
Whenever someone picks up smash, You could say the noob starts out in F class and generally gets better by battling other smashers. More on classes later.

In air gear, riders battle one another through Parts Wars to progress in the rankings
In Smash, smashers usually do one of three things if they wanna fight others 1. Fight their friends,2. Go to a tournament, or 3.Participate in either online tournaments, or check out the new new members fight arena thread to progress in the rankings.

In Air Gear, there are a couple of pros who are usually king or queen of a road like the wind road for example.
In smash, there are some pro smashers like M2K,Ken,Mango,Isai,Azen....You get the picture.

Now then. about classes
In Air Gear the parts wars have seven classes:
F class
E class
D class
C class
B class
A class
Special class

By the same token, in smash, You could say it has classes.
For example, The pros would probably be in B class and above. I would probably be in F class.

Those are some of the similarities I found with Smash and Air Gear.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
You can find parallels with many things if you try hard enough.

Like i could compare smash with going to work.

at work there are other people doing their jobs too

and when i go to tournaments there are other people at the tournament playing too.

wow the similarities are striking.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Air Gear anime & manga are amazing but only comparable thing is parts war to class of people. I don't see much resemblance after that point...

Top Bottom