• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash and Coffee 2: The Return of Smash and Coffee - Winona Lake, IN - Aug. 1+2

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
~SHOUTOUTS~

Sliq - *High 5* Spikehands McDougal. Mirite. We'll have to Karaoke Rainbow Road at Rofa's.

Anther - GGS and Congrats, The Anther Counter is coming back full force at Rofas. I'll find the secret to beating Pikachu and spread it around the Midwest. >.> BOWSER VS SONIC, DO NOT WANT!

Kel - Never did get that MM. Rofa's? I'm glad that Marth is working out for you so far.

Overswarm - Great matches man. Those were the definition of clutch. I am very happy I finally beat you though. I've been waiting for that moment for far too long. It definately shows me how far I've come along these past few tournaments.

Vayseth - Thank you so much for the D3 info. I really appreciate it. I will practice up on it and have it incorporated into my game by Rofa's. You are like the Encyclopedia of D3. I had no clue he could even do half of that. Lastly, awesome stuff on Corneria. You are too beastly on that stage.

SamuraiPanda - All the info and advice was really awesome of you. It is very cool to talk with knowledgeable people and learn a little more about the game. I hope you get out of your rut soon. I can't wait to see you MI guys again at Rofa's. Also, Link is probably the most hated character on the roster for you now. You pull him as much in randoms as I do Sonic. lol

Tink - Good stuff in doubles. It was a pleasure teaming with you. Indiana did well at this tourney.

Big C - I had a totally awesome time hanging out with the large one. Be sure to keep coming to these. : )

Lain - You are freaking hilarious man. I was laughing so hard when you were making all those noises during your matches. Don't ever change Lain. I bet you are holding your middle finger up to this post right now you freakin fro.

KirkQ - Where the heck did you come from. Getting so good all of a sudden. Taking out Me, Kel, OS, and Tink? WTH. Where is Iggy when you need him. Jokes aside though, good stuff. "You were the guy."

Dastrn - Awesome tourney again. It was nice to hang with you again. The venue was too good. Thanks for everything. I can't wait for the next Smash and Coffee.

Kyari - I still never got to play you. : ( Nice job scoring the Lucario card though. I'll get some matches with you without fail if you come to Rofa's. Thanks for coming down. Driving down by yourself is not fun at all.

Dr. X - I swear you get better every time I play you. Keep up the good work and try not to get so stressed in matches. You can always come back no matter how bleak the situation looks. I'm living proof of that. You made a lot of mistakes that cost you the set. Once you get past those though, I see you placing a lot higher.

Asdioh - It is always cool to see new people around the scene. I did enjoy the friendlies. Very nice Kirby, you had some awesome throw combo tricks. Don't be a stranger.

BIG C

Smash Master
doctor x needs to channels his inner justin wong.

pssh cyclops vs 3 top tiers I got this **** moonsault kicks and double jumps and mega optic blast all day.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Overswarm didn't place first? o_o
Anyways good **** Cincinnati, having singles + doubles placement is tooo good

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
doctor x needs to channels his inner justin wong.

pssh cyclops vs 3 top tiers I got this **** moonsault kicks and double jumps and mega optic blast all day.
I laugh every time you talk. Glad to get to meet you again, bro.
Good stuff, nice meeting yall. Lots and lots of fun
you too.
Overswarm didn't place first? o_o
Anyways good **** Cincinnati, having singles + doubles placement is tooo good
where were you?! JK, yeah Cinci always reps well. 2nd AND 3rd in doubles is not too shabby.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
KirkQ - Where the heck did you come from. Getting so good all of a sudden. Taking out Me, Kel, OS, and Tink? WTH. Where is Iggy when you need him. Jokes aside though, good stuff. "You were the guy."
Quoted for truth...he was my second opponent in the tourney >_<

Glad to know I lost to the guy who placed second : )

Edit: I play on Wifi a lot, and my FC is to the left. If anyone wants to play, feel free to message me, you're all great and I really need the practice. Like I said, this was my first time playing people in this game IRL. I honestly felt almost zero difference between online and offline, though some of you said you hate wifi. Maybe I just have a good internet conneckshin.

Sliq

Smash Master
All the videos I took are up here: www.youtube.com/sliq111

I haven't named them correctly yet because that takes a lot of time, so if you guys wanna help me out, that would be dandy.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Im glad Anther won. Too bad my rides never got back to me, so I couldnt make it...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I am not pleased with every match I lost being last stock high % and/or multiple suicides in the same game.

But, I shouldn't have let it get to that situation in the first place.

Two weeks, and there will be a very different ROB.

kirkq

Smash Ace
For the record

Vs Overswarm first and second matches were both extremely close.

Third match was anyone's game at the point OS suicided.

Both on last stock, I was at 11x% and he was at 10x% if I recall with about 15 seconds on the clock, OS would've been at a slight disadvantage on the ledge. Check the match after he gets it up.

It was anyone's game.

So, no johns.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
For the record

Vs Overswarm first and second matches were both extremely close.

Third match was anyone's game at the point OS suicided.

Both on last stock, I was at 11x% and he was at 10x% if I recall with about 15 seconds on the clock, OS would've been at a slight disadvantage on the ledge. Check the match after he gets it up.

It was anyone's game.

So, no johns.
I killed myself twice that match and it was on luigi's mansion :p

The "no johns" part comes in when it shouldn't have been an issue that I suicided in the first place. I let the games get too close. A suicide near the end of the timer or a suicide at high % shouldn't be a big deal at all.

But.... won't be happening again.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
is that one going to be 1v1 only, since it's one day?

I wasn't too interested in the 2v2 part, lol

Big_R

Smash Champion
drew will have to get picked up so it doesnt rly matter how much he wants to go even tho im sure its not that much. the point is someone will have to drive him cuz he never does and no one else likes brawl in cbus but ya.

Drephen

Smash Master
drew will have to get picked up so it doesnt rly matter how much he wants to go even tho im sure its not that much. the point is someone will have to drive him cuz he never does and no one else likes brawl in cbus but ya.
lol big R i dont travel to tournies by myself, thats just silly

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This tournament was definitely worth driving out to, and I can safely say that MI had fun. I met some awesome people, and I saw some awesome games (Blood Hawk vs OS was insane) so I'm definitely glad that we made it down. Despite me being in something of a rut right now.

I dunno whats going on, but with DSF coming down to the Ann Arbor circuit event in 2 weeks, I know that I'll be working hard to make sure that I get out of this stupid rut of mine.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's actually not SaC3. It's WTON. (unless blueblade wants to rename it SaC3, which would be A-OK.)

But yeah, I'm hosting, he's organizing.

With our powers combined, this tourney will be captain planet.

...he's our hero...

...gonna take pollution down to zero...

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I think we'll just keep this one WTON, or Well Thought Out Name. lol.

Just a bit over a month for that one, it should be a blast.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I like Smash and Coffee, personally. It's kinda like Snakes on a Plane. Tells you exactly what you can expect. Smash, and coffee.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok...well, I don't have anyone to practice teams with. >_>

Anyway, just so you guys can pity me...look at the time, and realize that I woke up a little while ago to get ready for work at 5. : |

we will practice, although we'll need bloodhawk and someone else to play too...

Top Bottom