• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"SMASH ATTACK" - April 03.-05. '09, Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catharsis

Smash Apprentice
Im paying 20€, people. If i pay 4 more, i will be paying in order to have the right to burn a Brawl DVD.
All you know that more than 75% people are coming to play Melee. I have paid for plane, trains, food, melee tourney. ****, im not going to lose a single penny in Brawl.

random-ness

Smash Cadet
Don't really get why me, AJP, C and Q should pay for brawl singles when we won't even be able to attend for it, we will be on our plane back by then..
4 the first time in my life, I TOTALLY agree with Nizro, I will probably be on the aiport by the time the event itself starts :O
I will pay the price if it is necessary, but I'm not a Brawlplayer and I don't really want 2 enter the tournament, and ofc I could gtfo the building during the Brawl Events, but I don't think that sounds like a good idea, O-F-C we shouldn't be forced paying an attendency-price for a tournament we don't want 2 participate in?
And like Yuna said, the first post claims that "OF COURSE you don't have 2 pay 4 the events you won't participate in" I don't see the reason 2 pay anything more than the stuff you want 2 be in?
I mean, sure, I'd pay it if it was 4 the purpose of paying the venue, but there is a seperate cost for that, and with 140 ppl each paying 9 Eur each, that's a wooping 1260 Euro which should be enough 2 cover the cost of the hired Venue?
I would not call it crying Luma, but this is like 4-Chan (Serious Business) that needs 2 be discussed...

random-ness

Smash Cadet
I don't have a problem with paying, but I think we should've been informed earlier if that is the case :cool:

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
bla bla bla stop crying and just pay the ****ing full price
Oh, so you are OK with a surprise welcome 4€ fee for bringing your own controller? Or the entrance fee to whatever ballet performance next door that you won't go to?
So go ahead and throw money around you to anyone who asks for it.

Wschl

Smash Apprentice
By the way, does anyone here have Soul Calibur? Preferrably 3, but 2 and 4 will be acceptable (my preferences in descending order: 3 -> 2 -> 4).

I could bring Soulcalbiur 2 along. But i dont think that there will be much time for it ;D

About the money :

Every1 pays everything. Maybe Uck forgot to update the first post? there arent all players listed aswell. + imagine how low the pot would be , if every1 plays what he enters.

Ofc its not THAT fair, but thats the way it is.

A random player who will be kicked out in the first round , because he had to play armada or something like that could also claim " thats not fair" . ANd he would be right. Im not a Brawl player either, but im playing for a bit fun (melee more fun ofc!).

Are these 4€ THAT HEAVY that we all need to argue about that just 2 days before the Tourney starts? i guess not.

Luma

Smash Lord
if you would only pay for those you are going to enter nearly all germans would not pay for singles or teams
not because they come for brawl, because they enjoy playing other germans more and dont give a crap about real competive smash
so in order to keep the pot high you have to pay everything, end of story

random-ness

Smash Cadet
I could bring Soulcalbiur 2 along. But i dont think that there will be much time for it ;D

About the money :

Every1 pays everything. Maybe Uck forgot to update the first post? there arent all players listed aswell. + imagine how low the pot would be , if every1 plays what he enters.

Ofc its not THAT fair, but thats the way it is.

A random player who will be kicked out in the first round , because he had to play armada or something like that could also claim " thats not fair" . ANd he would be right. Im not a Brawl player either, but im playing for a bit fun (melee more fun ofc!).

Are these 4€ THAT HEAVY that we all need to argue about that just 2 days before the Tourney starts? i guess not.
Man, you're absolutely right, I'm no fan of arguing, I just don't like getting informed of stuff 2 late, like, I'm sure me and my swedish m8s must seem like A-holes, making mountains of hills, but I can only speak for myself when I say that I'm a poor student with money being an issue often, I will OFC pay the money if UCK tells me it's needed, but it would be nice 2 know it in advance :O

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
We have already talked about this really (Around 72 or something)
I accepted the fee nonetheless, those 4euro sure would be sweet to have but if it's not negotiable then there's no point to argue against it..

I just brought it up again because of the "old thread"
Hype mfs, it's go time

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I'm not saying I'm going to simply refuse to pay as I'm not going to have a choise.
What I'm saying is that you can't just say "surprise, I lied, you have to pay more" when people have booked the tickets. This will only result in us no longer trusting each other and that's the (beginning of the) end of international tournaments.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
We don't all have money growing on trees. Would you buy a game for 24€ instead of 20€ only because the guy at the desk says you have to buy chocolate for his friend?
And it's not really about the amount of money - it's the fact that we have to pay for something we won't participate in. See the chocolate example above.

BTW... I might need a teammate. There's a chance Nizro can't come.

Catharsis

Smash Apprentice
don't matter how much the price increase. The first post clearly says:

You only will have to pay for the events you are entering.

so i feel like if you have lied to me. You can return here tomorrow and say "eh, that is an old thread, you have to pay 50€". And i don't worry about prizes, man. Im not going to win nothing, Im going to your tourney because i love MELEE and i want to play with other European people. Don't matter if first prize is 1M euros or a hug. I understand i have to pay the venue, i understand that i have to pay MELEE tourney in order to make more MELEE players come. But paying a BRAWL tourney? ****, i prefer a NGT4 tournament, which is a lot more technical.
My point is: can we do a NGT4 tourney? :3

Ah, speaking about MMs, there are people who likes play Texas Hold 'Em?

SmashingFleX

Smash Apprentice
come on .. its just 4 euro, the winter isover and the money trees sould be grewn up in a few month so everything is cool. no srsly.
I dont want to pay for brawl but I have to, soits okay.
The most important thing is to meet smashers from all over europe and I really think that I really wont give a **** about 20 euros or 24 euros.. its like the same price except it isnt the same price..^^

srsly lets pay and play.. trashtalk! w00t w00t smack hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype!!!

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I've always been under the impression I had to pay for everything and I'm totally fine with that. It motivates people to participate in all events and makes for some good prize money. If you're already willing to travel to Germany for this, a few euro's more or less shouldn't matter.

Luma

Smash Lord
btw i am going to (try) fix controllers on friday, so if you got a broken one bring em with you and tell me what is wrong with it

Catharsis

Smash Apprentice
eh, in a day and a half i will see you (if my plane won't crash, serious bussiness). Hope i will play a lot of freeplays with you, instead playing Brawl, of course.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
But paying a BRAWL tourney? ****, i prefer a NGT4 tournament, which is a lot more technical.
My point is: can we do a NGT4 tourney? :3
Yes. We should. At least a MM tournament or whatever. It'll be much more fun than the Brawl tournament we apparently have to pay for whether we want to participate or not.

I believe Marc (Dutch) plays NGNT. There's you. And there's at least one more playing coming who plays it. That makes it 4 already. That's enough for a mini-tournament where each participant chips in a few € for a small symbolic pot!

Ah, speaking about MMs, there are people who likes play Texas Hold 'Em?
Considering the fact that I beat the odds at everything, I should really learn how to play that game and go pro.

I've always been under the impression I had to pay for everything and I'm totally fine with that. It motivates people to participate in all events and makes for some good prize money. If you're already willing to travel to Germany for this, a few euro's more or less shouldn't matter.
For me, the matter lies in the fact that the first post states the exact opposite. I probably would've gone anyway had I known, but then I would've also known I'd have to pay an extra 4 euros. There might be some people who live near Bremen or in Bremen who go thinking they'll only have to pay for the events they wish to enter.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
you know, with those 4 euros I could buy me some dinner/lunch/whatever.

anything in the world in which I could spend those 4 euros is ****ing better than feeding a ****ty barlw pot

and specially since the first post lied all the way long and we know of this a couple of days before the tourney.

**** BARLW

Smasher89

Smash Lord
21 euro is like nothing compared to the entryfee at Helios tournaments, or ESA2 for that matter(most people I guess took the 40euro alternative, for a 2day tournament...)

Not too long now, se ya all in germany...

porc

Smash Journeyman
btw i am going to (try) fix controllers on friday, so if you got a broken one bring em with you and tell me what is wrong with it

Waw that's cool.

I have one that "slips" : if you push the directional stick, then it's blocked in the direction you pushed it. (Not physically, the stick doesn't remains bent, but in the game it keeps thinking you're pushing the direction).

Hope I made it clear.

sPArKeN

Smash Apprentice
Haha, many 1 of April jokers i see. :)

My advice, don't listen 2 what random people say or not.
What's stated in Ucks OWN words in the first post, is obviously what goes.
For those of you who for whatever reason has missed it, here it follows:

"Prices

The entryfee consists of a venue charge and the pots for the events:

Venue: 9€
Melee Singles: 7€
Melee Teams: 4€
Brawl Singles: 4€

You only will have to pay for the events you are entering."

Needless 2 say that theres alooot of players leaving before, the end of Brawl Sinlges.
Also needless 2 say, there's alot of people going there (including me) with a pretty strict budget (due to the fact that one might not have a job or rich parents).
The fact that many, if not most, of european top players consider Brawl a "mockery" to all us "seriouse gamers" doesn't really change anything. The fact that anybody unannounced would change the planning of the tourney, does...
Other then that, I can say that I for one. Would've seriously consider NOT attending to this tourney if Uck would've make the change you guys are claiming that he "has". Luckely, these "change of plans" never officially took place. So It never came down to making that decision.

I really hope that this is as obviouse to most of you guys, as it is to me...
Cause I really don't wanna belive that this'll come down to people in charge making a big scene out of something that stupid...

See you guys there!
And see YOU in bracket Ald! (XD)

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYA!

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Now THAT is something I'd pay 4 euros for. I've got several (about 4 I think), in most cases it's the control stick that's become ****ty (no dashing or falling through platforms), and for some the c-stick or R-button is not good anymore. I'll definately bring them with me, I've tried fixing a non-nintendo controller myself but failed there so I won't try a nintendo controller without help.

kJaBsmasher

Smash Cadet
Great offer Luma, do you have a triwing therefore and where can I get one??
my controller had a similar problem to the one porc describes, but yesterday I put som fresh oil to the stick and now it works fine, it will be a lot of work but a BIG thanks from everyone^^
losing tournaments because of broken controller ssucks so bad -.-

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman

Catharsis

Smash Apprentice
Cool, Luma. I need you to fix my controller. I want you to change it into a machinegun ._.

Nah, im using today all my controllers to see what is wrong with them. So, thx very much. A wise movement to make us forget all about those 4 euros : D

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Gah. I didn't see that you had to send a confirmation mail? Should I still send that?
I don't see my nick in the pools as well. So am I signed up or not?

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
By the way, does anyone here have Soul Calibur? Preferrably 3, but 2 and 4 will be acceptable (my preferences in descending order: 3 -> 2 -> 4).
You gotta be ****ing kidding me, 3 is the worst out of the series, it is fun, I give you that. But competitively unworthy as **** (not as bad as brawl) 2 is the best out of the series still, than comes 4.

I will **** you in 2 and 4 :3.

/trashtalk.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
You guys, i wont change the prices anymore. Oh wow, the first post says you have to pay for the events you are entering but that is wrong, you're obliged to pay the whole 24 euros.

This is very delayed but here are the conduct rules and the confirmation for minors:

http://germansmash.de/liabilityandconductrules.pdf

http://germansmash.de/confirmationofparticipationforminors.pdf

The conduct rules can be signed at SMACK but you have to bring the signed confirmation for minors.
Uh. That came a LITTLE too late. You say I really have to get that confirmation signed? Cause it's too late for me to do that now.

I'm 17, there shouldn't be a problem really?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I really don't get all the Brawl bashing. I can see why people don't like the game, but openly bashing it time after time gets old. I have no business telling you how to run your community, but several Brawl players have shown interest in Melee in the Netherlands and keeping things friendly is beneficial for everyone. Melee is old, Melee is hardcore and to prevent it turning into a small community like the old Street Fighter games have, we have to be friendly to newcomers, even if they don't play your smash game of choice (at first). SWF policy actually allows me to go back and infract everyone who made comments about Brawl that were uncalled for, but I'm not going to do that now. I'd be displeased if this becomes an issue at the actual tournament though.

I believe Marc (Dutch) plays NGNT. There's you. And there's at least one more playing coming who plays it. That makes it 4 already. That's enough for a mini-tournament where each participant chips in a few € for a small symbolic pot!
The last time I played was vs M in Spain with no characters unlocked, so I'm rusty to say the least. I'm still willing to play though, as long as my homeboy Kimimaro is unlocked.

Luma

Smash Lord
Like i already said, if you dont "force" people to pay for everything, even alot of melee people would not enter and instead play friendlies, thats why this has to be done

so for a better melee tournament go and pay those 4 ****ing euros

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
if you want people to enter, you won't get it by forcing them to pay.
forcing people to pay is feeding the pot.
i will feed the pot because I have to, but I won't enter the tournament and I will rather be playing basketball.

so.. yeah
I won't trashtalk anymore about barlw because of Marc, but don't expect me to be cool at it -___-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom