• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Attack: Potencial?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i use the wii-mote nun-chuck, i considered using shake smash mainly as a way to break out of grabs faster (all the buttons being pressed, analog stick, shaking wii-mote)
the reason i stopped this was because i was doing a friendly with zamus and i accidentally did a dair and killed myself... i figured that there's a chance that i could accidentally do a move in a toruny and i decided it wasn't worth the risk

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You haven't even made 1 valid point, all your doing is twisting my words aroud.
The amount of stupidity in this member surprises me.

I'm done with this thread now, and I advise everyone else do the same. He just doesn't seem to get what people are saying.

@MT
It should look like this:

Not like:

And most surely not like:

And if it looks like this, I question your sanity:

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
In that case, it is the official one. I'll head down there in a couple of days and see if they still have it (I have golf tomorrow). Granted, it's a bargain bin item, so for all I know it could be broken...

SuSa

Depending how well you know them, ask them to place a marker on the controller. Be it a sticker, or something equally hard to get off. Have one of them sign it with a marker (have it be washable). Ask if you can return it if it does not work.

That's what I do, and the workers normally let me. Because I threaten to go somewhere else for all further purchases of anything, and I've bought quite a lot from them already. One of their... larger customers.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I tried to defend you Hansel, but you still went off on people for perhaps misunderstanding you and not answering the way you liked. It's not THEIR fault that YOU replied to their comments. Perhaps you should have worded OP better?

Anyway, Wiichuck is good, and can be useful. It's just not what people are used to. Experiment for yourself, and see where it takes you.

SuSa

I tried to defend you Hansel, but you still went off on people for perhaps misunderstanding you and not answering the way you liked. It's not THEIR fault that YOU replied to their comments. Perhaps you should have worded OP better?

Anyway, Wiichuck is good, and can be useful. It's just not what people are used to. Experiment for yourself, and see where it takes you.
I'm pretty sure no one really said Wiichuck was bad. Just Shake Smash.

XienZo

Smash Lord
You're ready to punish your opponent with a stick smash, so you shake, and nothing happens.

Or even worse, you're trying to avoid the IC's grab, but the game picks up a little shake from the remote and you randomly do a smash instead.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Shake Smash is weird. I'll input a FSmash, yet it does a DSmash. Soemtimes it does a smash for no reason as well, and that can be catastrophic if you're offstage and it's a stall-then-fall... I'll pick the manual method, thanks.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Oh I knew just by reading the OP that this would be disastrous and amusing. Kid, some advice. Don't mess with SWF people. And when it's your first post, dont argue. People like Straked, Susa, SOLID, etc. know what they are talking about.

Dont use shake smash unless it REALLY works for you.

XienZo

Smash Lord
On the other hand, he DID say he got it right, all of the time, so if he's a shake smash prodigy and gets over consistancy issue, it really wouldn't be that different from a regular smash. Except you might punch someone if you get really excited.

What I'm interested in is if shake smash has any strange properties like the c-stick does. If it doesn't, its useless, but if it does, that could mean more random ATs.

Crow!

Smash Lord
On topic:

I tried using Shake Smash for a while. I could actually do a DACUS with it with like 50% reliability.

But then I found how amazing using the directional pad for smashes was. Seriously, I think it's better than the C-Stick for SDI and ATs. Play around with the controller settings for a while until you get something that works for you.

Now if only the nunchuck didn't have the tiny bit of lag that it does..

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
@ tennet I play with People. Wi-Fi most of the time though, Where i live the smash scene is dead.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
The shake smash has no potential for competitive smash. The only place I could ever see this being exploited is during friendlies of newer players who's fingers can't move fast enough to be able to do things as fast as making a motion and pressing a button at a fast enough time.

-ALSO, please don't see me as an elitist from what i said. It's just that in competitive smash, you have to be able to move your fingers fast enough in order to do these things or you'll fall waaay short.

To be honest, I used to lift weights a lot when I was bored (I quit that self centered non-sense because i knew as soon as I stopped lifting, it would turn to fat. now I only exercise every once in a while just to keep healthy.) When I was done lifting weights, i would always feel that my fingers would move faster, and in fact they did. I recommend some of you trying it; I know I must look like an idiot saying this, but I'm serious.

Sorry for straying off topic, just trying to help some people.

Top Bottom