• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
Clearly Snake. Pit's close range game isn't too impressive, and he certainly doesn't have numerous mind games. They do both have great recoveries that can be countered.
Ness is interesting, but his recovery isn't too impressive, and also his game is based on aerials.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Def Snake. People overhype his recovery, it's actually easily gimped. But he's beastly in all other aspects :chuckle:

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
Could be Diddy Kong as 4th. You can play Diddy with aggressive bananas and peanut gun for range, or you can play aggressive short range with his beastly smashes and over+b grabs. Also, his recovery is very good, however it can be easily gimped by simply jumping into him.

It could also be King Dedede. The Waddles give DDD an amazing range game, including the range on his ftilt, however his dtilt, jet hammer and incredible bair make DDD a formidable short range opponent. We all know how amazing DDD's recovery is, however if you manage to hit DDD just right during his up+b on the right spot, you can really gimp DDD's recovery badly.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
king dedede maybe, but his recovery is actually underestimated, it gets superarmor on the way up, and he can get back from pretty much anywhere

Diddy definitely not though, his range games is pretty bad, especially because peauts have no priority, and any other attack gets rid of them without them doing damage, so you'd be chucking bananas at people, which just opens up your close range game. on top of this his recovery is good, and if he gets hit he can do it all over again, with barrels taking out any would be gimpers

rob maybe, great range game w/ lazers and dradles. and great up close with dsmash, though his recovery is too good

snake is the most likely one, since his recovery gets ***** by warios and DKs, and he can fight long range and close

pits a maybe, because his recovery is overrated, I wouldn't put money on it though, since he relies on his range game too much, and isn't as good as other characters close up

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
4th is obviously Snake.

Anyone who disagrees is a commie pedophile.
Snake...SNAKE.....SNAAAKKKKKEEEE!!!!!!
Clearly Snake. Pit's close range game isn't too impressive, and he certainly doesn't have numerous mind games. They do both have great recoveries that can be countered.
Ness is interesting, but his recovery isn't too impressive, and also his game is based on aerials.
To add to this list of people who think it's Snake....
I think it's Snake.

D

Deleted member

i hate this hint for the next person crap is included in this thread, nobody ever talks about the character that is up now

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
G-Dub is a flat out beast. I think he'll be high tier, easily.

As for next week's character, I would say Snake. Good short and long range attacks, great recovery between cypher and C4, but it can easily be countered, as mentioned in Game and Watch's description.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Do you think you know how to play against this character? Think again. It seems like this character has a playstyle unique to every user, and its difficult to get a read on how they move. This character is effective at both long range and short range, and has mindgames that will put even the best players to shame. But this character has a recovery that, although many people think is quite amazing, is easily countered
My guesses: TL, Snake, Pit, ROB, IC EDIT: Lucas, Ness

TL: Does have a unique playstyle, but not to every user. Has some of the best projectiles and has good short range attacks. Mindgames can be good, but not always, Does have a recovery that is alittle short of amazing, but almost there. But I wouldn't say it's EASILY countered

Snake: Does have a unique playstyle, to every user also. Very good projectiles and close range is really long ranged and powerful, Very good mindgames if used right. And amazing but easily countered recovery.

Pit: Different playstlye, but alittle short of unique. Arrow spam rox. Short range has 3-5 good moves, but that's really it. Good mingames, not enough to put people to shame though. Amazing though easily counterable recovery

Rob: Unique playstlye, but not to every player, it's mostly the same. Can't really lazer spam but it's still good, and gyro is a pain. Short range is really annoying and has very good spacing skills. Mindgames are so,so. Amazing but easily counterable recovery

IC: Most Unique playstle IMO, and to every user too. Ice Block spam isn't really as good as in melee but still pretty useful if desynched right. short range is very powerful and spaces really well. Mindgames are some of the best of the cast IMO. ALITTLE short of amazing but not easily countered recovery

EDIT:
Lucas: Him and Ness have virtually the same moveset, but not playstyle. Both of theres are very unique. Long range is super good. Short range is very powerful but some moves have alot of lag. Mindgames can be very good if used right. Not really amazing, but good recovery.

Ness: Pretty much Lucas just add in your own stuff :p

Browny

Smash Hater
considering the wolf description mentioned how he had been winning many recent tournaments, and this weeks doesnt mention anything while snake basically IS recent tournaments... i still dont see how it could be snake

pit imo

Mr Mattastic

Smash Journeyman
Snake? Snake!?!?!! SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G&W is a great character but I don't feel he's going to be top teir. At best, the low part of the top teir. He does wonders against the Earthbounders, Spacies, Zelda and Lucario but will have a very hard time against Snake, Toon Link and anyone else that can projectile spam non energy attacks. His Infinte Jab can rack up alot of fast damage and takes awhile to DI out but has a bad cooldown that is punishable.

The down throw is very good but GW has pretty bad grab range

Overall his strengths surpass weakness, he would be godly if he wasn't the second lightest in the game

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
hmm... I'm sure the smash back room isn't hurting for more members. maybe the update is just because a bunch of people probably asked how to get in to the back room? It's certainly a shiny prospect, acceptance there, but I don't know, I can't help but feeling that if I were a broomer people would somehow expect me to live up to higher standards... then again... maybe not :p

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
As for the next character, Snake seems like an obvious choice. As for SamuraiPanda's update, I can only hope that the SBR makes a wise choice, as they have done in the past, when adding new members to that private community.

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
I agree that Snake seems to be #4. Considering his Cypher is easily countered, long range and short range, and everyone seems to play him differently.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
In the reminder, sPanda, you said "we have subscribed to these threads." Does that mean that you have subscribed to the threads for each individual character, or just this one?

Because it might be hard to contribute something meaningful to this thread, since it has devolved into guessing, and hasn't (since page 4 or so) been used to discuss the BRoom review of each character.

Just curious.

Finch

Smash Lord
I really don't see how anyone thinks the next character is Pit. There's really only one effective strategy with him: shoot arrows and run away. There are some minor cool things to do with his shield that I guess you could call mindgames but that seems to be it. Snake is an incredibly diverse character that fits the description on every front.

Top Bottom