• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i think it's olimar as well. i remember a lot of respected players praising olimar in the beginning, but now it seems that hype as moved to snake or wolf due to some recent tourney results.

and i third the above about the argument

ReverentChastity

Smash Rookie
I think Diddy best matches the description there, he was hyped up with his super offense of lagless dash attacks and banana game, a nice spike and fair enough recovery, good speed to power all around. But he really seems off the radar right now.

It could also be Olimar, but I don't think he is that far off the radar and I think of him as more campy than a "constant offensive game".

This is also funny to me because a friend of mine who thinks Diddy is over powered asked "what ever happened to Diddy?"

Going with Diddy for #5.

kasa

Smash Rookie
My guess: Zamus. All the rage before the release of Brawl, largely forgotten now. Not to mention she's a very aggressive char to play.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
A new character with lots of praise and "potential everyone can see" has to be Olimar or Pokemon Trainer. "Offensive pressure" means it has to be Olimar...

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
Guessing Sonic or Lucas. Sonic can chase all over the stage, on nearly any stage. Lucas has great horizontal aerial mobility like Jigglypuff, Squirtle, and Wario and can be pretty aggressive with projectiles as well. Whatever the case, neither of them will ever, ever leave the enemy alone. Even some of the characters who have been mentioned, like Diddy Kong and Olimar, might somewhat hang back; Diddy could renew a banana or two, and Olimar might want to play keepaway as he tracks his Pikmin order. Olimar also has a great grab--he doesn't really need "a constant offensive game."

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I think the keyword was pressure... which I'm pretty sure is Olimar's middle name.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Olimar has almost no offensive game, so stop guessing him.
That's silly, he has really strong disjointed aerials and smashes. He has mid-range projectile spam that pressures people to stop playing defensively, and super long grab range.

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna guess Toon Link. If it were Oli, SP would've mentioned his recovery.

Zindura

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking either Sonic or Diddy. Diddy's dash attack and bananas definitely assure constant offense, whereas Sonic's speed also facilitates offense.

Vaul

Smash Apprentice
Definitely Sonic or PT. People have already harnessed the potentials of Olimar, ROB and Diddy. Jiggs, Yoshi and Falcon weren't 'hailed' when the game first came out. My money's on Sonic and PT...maybe Ike.

Finch

Smash Lord
To be more precise, Olimar has an offensive game but there's no reason it would be mentioned by anyone ever because his camping game is so vastly superior. So basically it's not Olimar. Of course now that I said that it's gonna turn out to be him, but w/e.

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
PKMN Trainer/Lucario. Both very good, both very offense-based, both had huge potential, both have fallen off the radar recently.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
PKMN Trainer/Lucario. Both very good, both very offense-based, both had huge potential, both have fallen off the radar recently.
These two seem to make sense.

However, I still think it may be Olimar.

Pink4Life

Smash Cadet
Probably ZSS, ever played one that was good? Its touch, ZSS Dash to S neutral hurts and is a dastardly approach, and has great offensive pressure. Zss cause no one plays her!

Top Bottom