• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Update #5: ????

This character is an unusual one for sure. There is a ton of potential that nearly everyone can see, but not many seem to be using it! This character received much praise when the game was first released, but has recently dropped of everyone's radar. But with this character's ability to put the pressure on opponents with a constant offensive game, will this character be overlooked for much longer?

Can you guess who next week's character will be?[/QUOTE]

Probably Sonic, and on that note, I'll edit this post with some substance after I read the rest of the thread, or perhaps after I wake.

Regardless, there is no way this can be the tier list, it's way too early to have an accurate one, although Snake and Meta are most likely top tier.
Uh, IMO Snake is high, not top tier.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Then he must have been crap if he didn't kill you after hitting you 2 times while off the stage.
In fact if you were using a crappy recovery character like DK that makes him look even worse.
Your friend=/=Pro Sonic mainer.
Play interim ofZeal, or Lucky. THey'll be more than happy to show you how SOnic is supposed to be played.
1. dk is surprisingly hard to gimp due to superarmor and high priority on his upb, not impossible, but harder than it looks

2. you're right, i haven't played lucky's sonic, because lucky dropped sonic for tournaments and gave up his spot to someone else at one of the tournaments i went to

the fact that you think that sending them up at a15 degree angle and thinking that that is actually good shows you haven't touched half the roster, because most characters can send people downwards, either spiking, or using an attack that sends them straight back and or back at a 15-30 degree angle downwards, and the fact that it takes a nondiminished bair off the stage to kill at 100 is sad. i could name one attack for every character that can kill off stage before that. and i will do this if need be
Could you also state the fact that those attacks only kill when they aren't DI'ed or stopped with a second jump?
Or the fact you have to be near the edge of the arena?
Not counting power characters of course.
its hard to DI out of a spike,unless you're talking about sonics move, in which case, yeah, it can be DI'd and jumped out of

Camping with his speed is not what Sonic should be doing. He only can do that against a few characters.
His game relies on pressuring.

Don't need a tournament to know how you're supposed to play a character or how their moves work.,
technically you don't, but you won't see how the game is advancing unless you go

no, it doesnt. 30-70* is only a n-air or fair. the d-air DOES semi spike, you just have to sweet spot it. when you get hit by that off the stage as any one fo those characters, you die.
you do realize that with the lack of hitstun, anyone who gets hit by this is as likely to survive as you are, because you'd have to be pretty low to pull this off without them returning, so you would probably die too, not to mention that with the time it takes to set up the hitbox they can just knock you away

Uh, IMO Snake is high, not top tier.
from the looks of it, definite top, but he might not be once people find new ways around him. from tournament placement though, definitely either top or the very best of high

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
New stuff is up. Congrats to the few people who thought it was Diddy!

Last week's hint was a bit difficult since I didn't talk about Diddy's attacks at all, so I changed it for this week's hint. Note that I don't have to include every blatant advantage or disadvantage of the character in the hints. For example, just because Metaknight's recovery is broken, doesn't mean I had to mention it in the hint :D

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
2nd.

I'm going to go with Toon Link. High priority fast attacks. Projectiles(more than one) you can spam. Trouble with KOs (f-smash is easy to DI. He's not the greatest of edgeguarders. Other smashes are relatively weak, ect.)

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Im going to go with Lucario. You can definitely spam his Aura Ball. So he has a spammable projectile. He also fits the qualification of needing a decent opening to KO since his stronger killing moves are quite slow to come out compared to other characters (like Lucas, who has a lightning fast and powerful side smash). Lucario also has crazy priority because of his Aura which appears in just about every attack he has. He also has some pretty quick attacks with his tilts and most of his aerial moves.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
the post says projectileS. like more than one.
That means it can only be Link, Lucas, Ness, ROB, Samus, Snake, or Toon Link.
"quick attacks" rules out Link, ROB, and Samus. Snake has already been listed. Difficulty to KO rules out Lucas and Ness.
Toonie for sure.

Novan007

Smash Rookie
Though I think it could be t-link, I'm going to say Olimar. His pikmin are great projectiles, that can be spammed and can be tough to deal with. Plus he has lots of high priority attacks, that are fairly quick too. At first he can be tough to deal with or play with, especially cause u can't always tell what he's doing or going to do. He also seems to have one of the steepest learning curves, but once mastered can be very good.

Ayato

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link.

Olimar generally doesn't need to find openings in his opponent's play to create KOs as he's incredibly powerful as he stands. Furthermore, he doesn't need to move. About 3/4 characters in this game are forced to approach Olimar, which means the deed is done as far as creating an opportunity for a KO.

Pit has a hard time KOing things. He's dangerous and has a spammable projectile. That's singular, though.

Toon Link matches the description at least fairly accurately, if not to the T. Projectiles, speed, and decent priority (disjointed hitbox rivaled only by other sword users). He also has a fairly decent amount of priority beneath him when he's in the air, too, as his dair provides a fairly simple outlet for hitting the ground again.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
My initial thought was Toon Link, though "having a tough time getting a KO" seems to be Pit...

However, upon reading the responses, I am now cementing Toon Link as my choice for #6.

otg

Smash Master
Hmm, Toon Link sounds pretty good, but I think it might be DeDeDe just because you have to wait for an opportunity to get kills in. Might be wrong just because of the fact that it states "projectiles" as opposed to "projectile".

Grunt

Smash Master
Who actually has multiple spammable projectiles? TL come to mind, but i dont have a hrd time looking for a K.O. could be my friends suck, so im going with TL.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i'm almost positive that character #6 is ROB. His superfast tilts, dash attack, and jabs fit the description, and he can do alright with spamming projectiles (dreidel of death), and his smashes are a bit lackluster in the killing department. Dsmash kills at high percents, fsmash has horrible range, and usmash is just plain old hard to connect with. And for his aerials, his nair is powerful but very slow to start up, if you can consistently kill with ROB's uair, i congradulate you, bair and dair are hard to place, with their momentum stopping properties, but they're quite powerful. Also virtually all of ROB's attacks have wonderful priority.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
I would say Pit, but the way it is worded about projectiles makes me think otherwise. I will guess Lucas for this one.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
It can't be Toon Link because TL has no problem getting KOs via Fsmash, USmash, Dsmash, Dair Spike etc, so no its Toon Link sorry...

Trillion

Smash Ace
Definently Toon Link, multiple spammable projectiles, good priority due to his sword, not easy to get kills though, cuz his best kills are smashes which are hard to land

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
Lucario? I doubt it, Aura works wonders when your damage goes up.

I suppose it could be Pit, but the mention of multiple projectiles seems counter to that. I dunno, honestly.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I really dont think its Toon Link, he has no porblem whatsover getting KOs, and their not hard to place either. It could be Pit, Lucario, Dedede or R.O.B for what I Know

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hmm, Toon Link sounds pretty good, but I think it might be DeDeDe just because you have to wait for an opportunity to get kills in. Might be wrong just because of the fact that it states "projectiles" as opposed to "projectile".
DDD doesn't have that many quick attacks.

-Ter

KonoK

Smash Cadet
I think that #6 is Lucas. He has lots of projectiles and it's kinda hard to KO with his slow Upsmash and downsmash. Though, maybe not, because of the new release grab thing.

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
the post says projectileS. like more than one.
That means it can only be Link, Lucas, Ness, ROB, Samus, Snake, or Toon Link.
"quick attacks" rules out Link, ROB, and Samus. Snake has already been listed. Difficulty to KO rules out Lucas and Ness.
Toonie for sure.
WHAT? Quick attacks rule out ROB? Are you kidding me?? He has

Dtilt, Utilt, Ftilt, Dash Attack, Jab, Uair, Dsmash, Usmash, and no realllly laggy moves.

But coming back to the post. Im going to say Toon Link, although I dont think he has trouble Koing. Smash and Usmash arent really that hard to pull off, and Uair is high priority, fast, and stays out. So just saying Fsmash is a bad ko, doesnt mean he has a hard time. His Uair is just a great ko move.

Top Bottom