• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

DGMavn

Smash Apprentice
This isn't going to be Olimar. If the clue was for Olimar, some mention would've been made as to his godawful recovery.

Pit or Rob IMO.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Juggalo said:
This screams Pikmin.
Agree. #6 has to be Olimar based on the amazingness of Pikmin. They have amazing range and priority, not to mention reliable (if variable) damage. In my experience, Olimar can rack up damage as quickly as Meta Knight, and has an easier time capitalizing on it. However, the uniqueness of each Pikmin combined with his ridiculously gimpable recovery (one of the worst IMO) require that you have patience in finishing your opponent.

Olimar for sure.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
New stuff is up. Congrats to the few people who thought it was Diddy!

Last week's hint was a bit difficult since I didn't talk about Diddy's attacks at all, so I changed it for this week's hint. Note that I don't have to include every blatant advantage or disadvantage of the character in the hints. For example, just because Metaknight's recovery is broken, doesn't mean I had to mention it in the hint :D
Even Samurai says he doesnt have to mention everything. Just because the recovery isnt mentioned doesnt mean it isnt olimar.... frankly it should be rather ambiguous, otherwise there wouldnt be a debate!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So, the new stuff is up now. ROB was the character for last week. I played some grammar tricks on ya'll. You had to know his projectiles are spammable, but you could have also noticed how I said "projectiles you can spam." Spamming his projectiles is best seen if someone blocks the gyro so it disappears, or they don't grab it when its on the ground. Very few people got this one, and many were ROB mainers. You had to know ROB well to get it ^_^

This week's hint could be an easy one, or it could have quite a few options. I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys interpret this new hint.

EDIT: By the way, the "controversial" week was when I wanted ROB, and Overswarm wanted Diddy. Odd how that works, eh?

Wow, this looks like pretty good news for ROB mainers out there. Nice to see he's highly thought of.

I'd say the next one is Zelda, because she's being doing horrible in tourneys so far and seems to be the only one to fit the description well.

It can't be marth, he doesn't have a projectile >_>.

And Falco's been placing pretty well.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ooooh finally. THIS one sounds like Pikachu. he has a good projectile game, and can punish up close easily. His ability to Quick Attack, go many possible dizzying angles, then QAC on the ground tto attack seems to perfectly discribe Pikachu. Most people see him associated with spammers, but if his true potential is unlocked, he is a force to be reckoned with. And who enjoys being D-smashed by a Pikachu? :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Thing is, Pika's actually doing fine in tourneys, that's a key fact as well.

Once again, it can't be Ike or Marth, neither have projectiles

Olimar's recovery is VERY punishable, as it is a tether

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
hardest one yet. i'd say link, falco, or pikachu. toon link has placed well in tournies it seems. olimar has a easily punishable recovery. marth has no projectile, ness just doesn't seem right.

Link isn't exactly thought very highly of in the first place, and his recovery's crappy to boot. Not to mention his projectiles have pretty bad priority, and should be used to space properly instead of nesscessarily camping

Ness has a very punishable recovery, and the deathgrabs found on him and Lucas lowered what was once highly thought of characters.

Toon Link is also a probability, but once again the fact he's doing well in tournaments go against this. That, and his recovery is very punishable.

So really, the two I'm banking on is Zelda or Pit.

BANK ON IT >_>

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Pikachu makes some sense but I don't think it is Pika. He has been doing alright at tournaments. He does have a decent up close game and a hard to punish recovery.

I think it is Zelda, She is thought of quite highly. Her smashes are good, Din's fire is an amazing projectile. Her warp makes it hard to edgeguard her. Finally she hasn't been doing well in tournaments.

acv

Smash Journeyman
why do people always think its always olimar each time a hint is given>?

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
Without a doubt, character #7 is Toon Link. Everything fits perfectly, especially the fact that everyone regards him very highly but he has not placed that well so far.

BEES

Smash Lord
It's Zelda.

Notice how he never used any pronouns that gave away the gender. If he did, it would've been obvious since there are 4 female non-pokemon characters. The same description could have referred to Pit or Falco, but they would probably have more pronouns in their own descriptions.

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
Falco's recovery is very gimpable, and Zelda is not a consensus top competitor. It's Toon Link for sure.

Cathao1r

Smash Rookie
tlink most def , i was thinking samus but she...
1.)not considered a high tier character 2. up b?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm guessing it's because she can often teleport somewhere faster than she could run there, but I don't main her, so I'm not 100% sure on that...
I meain her... it's actually a decent approach from time to time. I don't ever really use it on the ground though. I use it either to reurn to the stage from off the edge, or to return to the stage from above... even when I go offensive with it, I'm always in the air first, but I do use it when not off the edge if you call that "on the stage" it's to easilty punished if it misses, but if you are good, it's ridiculaously hard to expect..... other than this part of the hint, however, it's absolutely describing zelda 100% no doubts

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Hmm... I'm thinking #7 is either Toon Link, Zelda, or Falco. Most likely Falco, but it could be Toon Link since they both have fantastic projectile games. Zelda has her Din's Fire which is one of the best "projectiles" (if you can even call them that) in the game, and it's true it's hard to punish her recovery. I'm going to go with Falco or Toon Link though, since they are both thought of as good tournament characters.

That line about using them in air or on the ground... I'm not sure if it was referring to the character or the character's method of recovery. If they were referring to recovery, surely they are talking about Falco and his buffed Phantasm.

Top Bottom