• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Peach: she has a good ko move but she needs to keep it undecayed or else she is gonna be have a real hard time koing her opponent

KingK

Smash Apprentice
I've never gotten the sense that people consider Peach "horrible," especially on the surface. If anything, it's the reverse - she seems just average but after some extended play you see why she's just not as great as she was in melee.

Obviously Peach isn't a really strong character, at least not at this point, but I wouldn't put her in league with characters like Yoshi, Jiggs, CF, Ganon, Link, and Samus.

KingK

Smash Apprentice
Do people come in these threads and make ridiculous guesses / statements just to derail the discussion?

I feel like that has to be the case.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
How is Sonic not underrated?
People are still sayinghe should be bottom tier or low tier or ho his recovery is easily gimped or how his aerial game is poor etc etc.

Heck smashwiki till says he is stopped by projectiles

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
its probably shiek just to stick with the LoZ theme, but i dunno, they could describe someone similar to sheik in order to trick us. it may be someone like peach or mario, but its probably sheik

KingK

Smash Apprentice
Thiocyanide, do you really think Zamus appears "horrible, at least on the surface"?

I don't see how that's the case. She doesn't look great on the surface, but she doesn't look horrible either.

I can see how a lot of the rest of the hint would apply, but it doesn't seem to really fit on the whole.

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
As much as Yoshi sounds good, I am going to try to be the first one to pick my character.
Ness. We all know his aerials are top notch and that he has a good long range game given PK Fire, PK Thunder, and can absorb with PSI Magnet as well as reflect with his bat. His close game is his downfall, but he can get kills as long as you keep the back throw fresh and his yo-yo is much improved, plus his tilts aren't horrible.

Evilpenguin

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcon. My falcon is ****, I know he can be decent. maybe i'll dive into it more later
Yeah. That's definitely it because of falcon's amazing long range game and lack of KO moves (/sarcasm). He only fits the aerial and underestimated parts of the hint.

This is a tough one. I think I'll go with Pit.
- Good aerials (although maybe not combos... I'm not sure)
- Great projectile and Anti-projectile game
- Not many kill moves. Fsmash must be kept fresh to get some non-gimp kills.

Although he's not really underestimated, I'll put that out there.

Adapt

Smash Lord
No one seems to be a clear winner to me...

Mario, Yoshi, Ness, and Peach all fit decently

ZSS, Pika, and Lucario are less likely but possible

I would love for it to be ZSS, but I'll guess Mario

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
No one seems to be a clear winner to me...

Mario, Yoshi, Ness, and Peach all fit decently

ZSS, Pika, and Lucario are less likely but possible

I would love for it to be ZSS, but I'll guess Mario

Yoshi doesn't fit the long range clause, his long range game is somewhat mediocre, the egg lost some maneuverability from melee and it explodes quicker (though the explosion seems to give a slightly decent hitbox).

I'm sure Lucario can kill people on the ground fresh or not.
Samus,Peach or ness.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Sheik doesn't have a strong long range game; she only has one projectile, her projectile takes time to charge, it stops after a short distance, and it's possibly one of the worst in the game.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I have no idea what this hint is referring to. However, a good longe range game implies multiple projectiles (more than one), and the hint will become more clear when an unpopular character user who's main fits the hint comes to defend their character.

Ace55

Smash Lord
With a strong long range game and an awesome aerial game that can open up plenty of combos if you know how to do it right, this character can keep up with the rest
Spoiler alert!

Nah, it's probably Samus.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
I think it's Samus. She has a great aerial game with close to zero lag afterwards that leads into various "combos", she has homing missiles, z-air, uncharged and charged shots, has a quite strong ground game with her d-tilt, f-tilt and f-smash. And man, she struggles to get a KO because it's hard to land charged shots, d-tilt, sweet-spotted b-air and f-smash.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yoshi doesn't fit the long range clause, his long range game is somewhat mediocre
According to that logic, then neither Mario or even Peach fit there either.

Yoshi's Projectile is mostly used for setting up Kills or Combo's, Dealing with Airs, For a Counter Spam, or Edgeguarding. Peach's and Mario's are the same thing (except Mario's limited in the Air Department).

I don't know how you can say Yoshi can't fit when Mario or Peach are no different with the Fireballs/Turnips.

isomorphism

Smash Cadet
The hint fits Samus, but it didn't scream it to me. In particular, I really don't think Samus is underestimated--just terrible. As someone who used to main her, I wish it wasn't the case, but it's true. Otherwise it fits, though--she has a ****load of trouble landing her few KO moves when she wants to, she has a pretty good long-range game, she at least in theory has a much better short-range game than it initially appears, and she has very nice aerials (plus Zair). It could also pretty easily be Peach, but I don't know that people consider her horrible. Doesn't really fit Yoshi that well IMO, though I think he's very slightly underrated. Ness would too but he doesn't scream "horrible" on the surface.

Edit: Actually, thinking more about it, sounds a bit more like Sheik than any of the above.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
This seems very Peach. I used to main Peach in Melee, but I abandoned her because, well, it seemed like everything she had going for her was gone. But her glide tossing game is pretty good, and floating still nicely complements her air game.

And I've never struggled to get KOs as Ness. Killing is really all you ever use bthrow for, so it stays nicely fresh for when it's needed. Plus all aerials except fair can kill (yes, even nair), and the bat and PKT2 are deadly even when stale (which they probably won't be, anyways). Of course, the rest of the clue does fit him rather well, so maybe the SBR just has a different opinion of his killing power.

Lucas is definitely not it, though. Nothing about him looks terrible.

Evilpenguin

Smash Cadet
And Lucas struggles to get KOs.
Although Lucas fits the rest of the hint quite nicely, he does NOT struggle with KOs. All 3 smashes and PKT2 kill below 100%. PKT1 and fair make great edgeguards, and he has 2 spikes. I think that factor completely rules out Lucas.

Ness is harder to KO with than Lucas, although I wouldn't say Ness struggles either.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Why would they follow up with another of the few female characters? Isn't that too obvious?

I guess it's irrelevant though.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Samus. Underrated, struggles to get KOs (best KO move is dtilt, and it takes to 120% to KO), great long range game...

Top Bottom