• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Lol at Roy.

I'm going to go with DK now and drop my previous thoughts of Lucario and ZSS. Marth sounds like a good possibility too though. I just picture DK having more 'unusual combos' than Marth, though I'm not going to say one is better than the other at spacing because they are both very good.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
It has to be DK

It isn't Marth because his moves are NOT so punishable, as the clues state. Imagine it, a lot more can be said about Marth other than spacing. DK's shield game is amazing, he has the power to break shields fairly easily. Plus when it comes to being punished, DK has to be it because it all depends on reading the opponent with his somewhat slow killing moves.

OrionX1989

Smash Rookie
well, im gonna say its pit next week. he has tons of ways to keep his enemies at bay while pressuring them with quick projectiles. and given the strange things that have been discovered like the AR push and the Angelic step that allows him to play some good mindgames. plus his arrow looping can be used to wait to hit but not be completely obvious. also he hang ping hits when he grabs someone so he build damage then throw then chase or arrow. he has so many ways to do things that he can be idfficult to handle. my other possibility is wario because of his godly edge guarding ability and his "wall of pain" style of fighting like jigglypuff in melee. combine that he is a decent tank and not very slow he could be a strange opponent.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hush Steel.

Let the bickering continue.

It amuses me.

I must say this hint is really confusing alot of people.

I guess Samurai Panda did a good job with it. lol.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
What did I write that implied it was Marth?

I'm not saying who it is nor have I impied that it is any specific character.

It's just fun to watch people actually get heated over the small stuff.

Demonic Raven

Smash Rookie
I believe it is Ike.

Spacing is a huge deal because if you miss, you're wide open.

From the very beginning, Ike has always been identified as one of the best punishers, as well as a likely candidate for getting punished himself.

"Unusual combos"...this is the only questionable part. Ike has barely any combo ability as it is. Other than that, it sounds like Ike.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I'm gonna go ahead and guess Marth. He's all about Spacing. Shield pressure could refer to DB and SB. And he can pull together some nice strings.

Popertop

Smash Champion
DK has unusual combos?

ho'****.
yup. some wierd cargo throw bs. Cargo uthrow doesn't work, but he has some Cargo Fthrow stuff I think. Plus, the hint said some characters, and as we all know character specific stuff can get pretty wacky.

and if not, then Wario and his Dair > Bite > Boost smash take the cake.

Popertop

Smash Champion
How come nobody has guessed Jigglypuff. She's all about spacing and i hear she has an awesome shield game!!! Jiggs also happens to be a combo machine who can easily punish people with, ummm...
jiggs doesn't have enough priority or aerial movement to have a shield pressure game.
just dair that's it. everything else is shieldgrabbed or outprioritized/outranged.

unless you were joking in which case lol

Tenki

Smash Hero
Hush Steel.

It amuses me.

this is obviously a hint meaning that they're going to pull a Yoshi on us.

10Lucarios

EDIT/ADDITION:
Ay, really thinking it's Lucariol Poorly spaced Lucario sucks. Well-spaced Lucario is good. Punishable commitment/lag on many attacks. Only Ganondorf can do hit/commandgrab combos, though his start with the command grab. What better to pressure a shielding character with than a forcepalm/command grab?

Samuelson

Smash Lord
this is obviously a hint meaning that they're going to pull a Yoshi on us.

10Lucarios

EDIT/ADDITION:
Ay, really thinking it's Lucariol Poorly spaced Lucario sucks. Well-spaced Lucario is good. Punishable commitment/lag on many attacks. Only Ganondorf can do hit/commandgrab combos, though his start with the command grab. What better to pressure a shielding character with than a forcepalm/command grab?
Nah, if they were going to choose any character to fool us then it would be Brock Obama!!!

gallax

Smash Hero
so when is the answer gonna come out? you know when they post it in the marth section you will see a lot of posts by EL on it while they were discussing marth too.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
#16 is either Marth or Lucario. Both of them are pains in the *** when the user spaces properly, but Marth is better at taking down defenses with his shieldbreaker and his Dancing Blade. So I'm guessing its Marth, they'll call it high tier, and the hint for 17 will commence.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
I used to think it was Lucario but both marth and DK space better. With a great air game and things like the force palm combo Lucario doesn't necessarily have to space that much to be good.

I mean, he is good at spacing, what with f-smash, f-tilt, and aura sphere, but I just think DK and marth are better at it.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Hush Steel.

It amuses me.

What did I write that implied it was Marth?

I'm not saying who it is nor have I impied that it is any specific character.

It's just fun to watch people actually get heated over the small stuff.
I think EL summed up the thread here, why is everyone fighting over who is next on the list. I don't think Samurai Panda did this to help us, I think it was definitely so he could watch people make fools of themselves about who comes next on the thread. All of the characters are going to get done, it doesn't matter when.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Every week, people post that it is either Marth or Fox. Give it a rest already...
Really? I thought it was Lucario that everyong guessed each week regardless of how similar or dissimilar the clue was to him... Same with Toon Link until he got chosen, too.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Ya cus remember Toon Link is like an all around character, since he has projectiles, good aerials, etc... so he had fit more hints than other more 'specialized' characters. I still don't really know who this is... I agree though it might be Ike. He can be easily punished due to slow/large ending lag/etc. attacks. But he also has powerful moves he can punish others with. And due to his general slowness, it's important to space correctly.

This character is probably not a character who has any projectiles/reflectors, otherwise there'd be something in there about it right? So I'm not thinking Fox. DK could punish pretty well too, strong moves/ charged up Neutral B.

Top Bottom