• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Nestec

Smash Ace
If there were one word to describe this character, it would be "spacing." Spacing is the key to this character, and those who can master it will frustrate almost any opponent they play against. But this character also requires you to read your opponent well, as most of the character's attacks are punishable, but they are exceptional at punishing. With a shield pressure game that few can rival, and surprisingly effective (and quite unusual) combos on some characters, this character is most definitely one to be afraid of in the right hands.

Hmm...I'm thinking DK (dunno if I said that already). Some laggy moves, but they are powerful. His B-punch, smash attacks, all of which are powerful but pretty punishable. I'm just not sure about the combos and the shield pressuring, I'm not a DK main...

I would avoid saying this in case I end up being incredibly wrong, but... I really don't think it's Marth. One to be afraid of in the right hands? Isn't Marth almost always one to be feared? And I don't recall Marth having many moves that are both powerful AND punishable. Also, for the record, idk about any of his "unusual" combos...

::braces self in case tomorrow it is revealed that #16 is Marth...::

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
If there were one word to describe this character, it would be "spacing." Spacing is the key to this character, and those who can master it will frustrate almost any opponent they play against. But this character also requires you to read your opponent well, as most of the character's attacks are punishable, but they are exceptional at punishing. With a shield pressure game that few can rival, and surprisingly effective (and quite unusual) combos on some characters, this character is most definitely one to be afraid of in the right hands.

Hmm...I'm thinking DK (dunno if I said that already). Some laggy moves, but they are powerful. His B-punch, smash attacks, all of which are powerful but pretty punishable. I'm just not sure about the combos and the shield pressuring, I'm not a DK main...

I would avoid saying this in case I end up being incredibly wrong, but... I really don't think it's Marth. One to be afraid of in the right hands? Isn't Marth almost always one to be feared? And I don't recall Marth having many moves that are both powerful AND punishable. Also, for the record, idk about any of his "unusual" combos...

::braces self in case tomorrow it is revealed that #16 is Marth...::
Yeah his combos arn't like many others.
UP B and poorly timed arials are verry punishable, have ending lag, but little beginning lag.

Also, the best require extreme metagame. there's more to just spamming Fair and Dancing blade. a lot about shield preasure, tipping, dash dancing and such...

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I think that it could be Zero Suit Samus. Spacing is absolutely essential for her, someone who masters that will be very annoying. She has weird combos due to her Dsmash, but her Dsmash is punishable, along with some of her other moves. Side B makes a great shield pressure move I guess.

The only reason I'm not saying Marth is because his moves aren't really all that punishable.

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
this might sound stupid, but marth just seems too obvious. everyone knows marth is all about spacing, i think panda would have given something a little more challenging if it were marth.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Spacing, unusual combos, shield pressure? Gotta be Wario. And with Reflex beating Cort/getting 2nd at FAST a few weeks ago it wouldn't surprise me if there was a lot of discussion about his character in the SBR.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking its DK. You need to keep them at mid-range (and he has the attacks to do it), he's got some attacks with a lot of winddown but quick startup, and he's definately got the shield pressure thing with his SideB doing massive shield damage and his DownB punishing dodges and such.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I'm thinking its DK. You need to keep them at mid-range (and he has the attacks to do it), he's got some attacks with a lot of winddown but quick startup, and he's definately got the shield pressure thing with his SideB doing massive shield damage and his DownB punishing dodges and such.
His Down B eats about as much as his sideB with two hits I think.
Dtilt + Down B is really sexy close range goodness.
He has some funky cargo business I think, but it doesn't really seem "unusual".
Zero suit could have it too though, but I don't think she has any sheild pressure game.
It has to be Wario.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
The suspense! It kills!!!!

YumeMaxx

Smash Cadet
Wario for sure.

His smashes (particularly up and down) are both incredibly powerful but have a very substantial ending lag. Pressuring people with your shield is essential to good Wario play and come on, who is more "unusual" in attacking method than Wario? Between the farts, the break dancing and the "clap of death"- I think Wario has the "unusual attacks" category cornered.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
I told you it was Marth!
Thats why Emblem Lord was nuts in this thread!XD.
Now,lets read...
Edit:Wait..wheres the thread? :s

BBQ°

Smash Champion
This one actually worried be a bit, because Wario and Zamus fit.

I just went with the obvious answer: Marth. It works every time :p

*I will now be skeptical on the obviousness of the next hint*

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
That is something i have noticed for a long time. A couple of trends:

1) every week it is panda saying "Sorry guys i forgot heres the answer" (lol just joking i know you have a life outside of smashboards)

2) it altrenates between obvious and hard week to week.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Actually as someone who plays Marth alot, that last hint kinda sucked. No offense Panda it's hard to do without making them too obvious.
It's especially funny because when Panda posted the hint:

New hint is up. I dunno how it'll do... I just hope the post right after this one isn't the right character >_<
and then post immediately following it:

The spacing part seems like Marth. I live in Europe, so I can't really judge the other parts of the hint (I really have't played Brawl enough). I think the character is Marth.
AND YET, soooo many people posting that it was ZSS, Lucario, Wario, and DK. Teehee :) I love this thread!

Nestec

Smash Ace
:: sees that #16 is indeed Marth ::

NOOO!! My analysis was incorrect!! And now I feel foolish!!

::hopes to redeem self with next hint::

Top Bottom