• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Since this week was such a bomb.... screw the rules! I have money!
Let's just have our own character discussion. with blackjack, and hookers....
I nominate Mario. Who wants to make a hint?

We in this thread are way more pro than the SBR anyway. Have you seen their proposed ruleset? They play on Pictochat and Pirate Ship and stuff. Next they'll turn on smash balls, and set Sonic top tier. n00bs, I say!
...no...just.....no....

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon? B/c I don't think that Wario is low tier. Call me naive :/

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
The hint game is ****ing stupid, all the stupid hints are Yoshi.

BE ORIGINAL!
Captain Falcon? B/c I don't think that Wario is low tier. Call me naive :/
I agree with Yoshi.
It's Wario >_>
It must be yoshi!!!1
I expected this much. You guys are being way to predictable. however i wont say if your wrong or right. Just simply go over the clues one more time and maybe sleep on it.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Jigglypuff or Wario.

Wario = Great Recovery but can be countered, sucky Roll

Jiggs= Jesus in the Air, Unreliable Kill Moves

infomon

Smash Scientist
OMG never mind guys this one's totally Ike

This character was deemed Low tier at the start and probably will stay that way. It has strong aerials however Low Prioirty. Ike's aerials can kill MK at 20% but everyone even Sonic can hit him out of them. It also has Very fast Movememnt in the air. Have you seen an Ike fastfall? It's like watching tanks jump off a building. This character can travel great distances with its recovery but it can be countered with great patience. Aether is of course unstoppable but with patience you can perfect-shield all of the hits. Also side-B travels huge distances when charged. This character has strong kill moves however they are deemed Unreliable. Ike never hits anyone with his smashes, that's why they're Unreliable, but if they actually hit it's like a tank fell on your head from a building. This character has a situational roll. It can be Punished and You will reconize noobs by how often they use them. Ike's dodgeroll is one of his fastest moves but you can punish him in the ending lag.

Also Ike's so cool sometimes it makes me cry.

Edit #2: Its Not Marth
Hmm, I'll quote someone from way earlier in this thread:

CFal seems too obvious
the 2nd hint could be a reference to fire emblem, so maybe ike?
AMIRITE!? ok I'll stop trolling now

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
OMG never mind guys this one's totally Ike

This character was deemed Low tier at the start and probably will stay that way. It has strong aerials however Low Prioirty. Ike's aerials can kill MK at 20% but everyone even Sonic can hit him out of them. It also has Very fast Movememnt in the air. Have you seen an Ike fastfall? It's like watching tanks jump off a building. This character can travel great distances with its recovery but it can be countered with great patience. Aether is of course unstoppable but with patience you can perfect-shield all of the hits. Also side-B travels huge distances when charged. This character has strong kill moves however they are deemed Unreliable. Ike never hits anyone with his smashes, that's why they're Unreliable, but if they actually hit it's like a tank fell on your head from a building. This character has a situational roll. It can be Punished and You will reconize noobs by how often they use them. Ike's dodgeroll is one of his fastest moves but you can punish him in the ending lag.

Also Ike's so cool sometimes it makes me cry.

Hmm, I'll quote someone from way earlier in this thread:

AMIRITE!? ok I'll stop trolling now
ladies and gentlemen, we have a genius.

zomg smart people??!! on smashboards!!?? BURN HIM AT THE STAKE

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Ah... I think number 18 is sonic. He'll give us the hit and say Quickly guess it! Then once the update comes You're too slow! Plus the whole paper thing it symbolizes speed.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Or it's Ike, and he's just stuck in the lag, of charging up the hint. :psycho:

hmm, you might be on to something tho..... I'll change my vote at the last second, back to Sonic.

SamuraiPanda: Come on, step it up!
TOO EASY -- PIECE OF CAKE!!

Tenki

Smash Hero
Or it's Ike, and he's just stuck in the lag, of charging up the hint. :psycho:

hmm, you might be on to something tho..... I'll change my vote at the last second, back to Sonic.

SamuraiPanda: Come on, step it up!
TOO EASY -- PIZZA CAKE!!
lol@Ike.

It could also be PT because of the loading time to transform.

Also, fixed.

M.K

Level 55
Hint will be up later

This statement obviously isolates Pokemon Trainer. Pokemon Trainer's tend to save the best Pokemon for last, and through process of elimination, you can conclude that when SamuraiPanda posts the hint, people will be happy, and when you get to your last Pokemon, you will be happy.

I have a 10
Pokemon Trainer is the only Ten-I-See.

paper to start writing
Pokemon Trainer's have to write lots of research papers about their pokemon.
Obviously this research paper is concluding the effectiveness and overall superiority of POkemon Trainer.

and its due in 3 hours

1. Squirtle.
2. Ivysaur
3. Charizard

Uno. Dos. Tres. You have but three hours (and Pokemon) to live. But you don't live, you die. So you didn't live after all.

Yeah, no time for you to realize how big of balls that Pokemon Trainer ACTUALLY has. He doesn't throw Pokeballs, he throws Poke BAAAALLLLZZ of DOOM.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
stupid Disc, it made my Pokemon come out after ten seconds once :o
Pokemon Trainer's pokemon swap has a very unusual additional quality; on a stage with a transforming background, such as Lylat Cruise, his pokemon will not come out during the stage change. He has to wait until the stage background transformation is over before his pokemon can come out.

Ace55

Smash Lord
SamuraiPanther said:
This weeks character is heavily underplayed. Like some other characters it's priority was really low. Because of it's priority he has become even harder to play with in this new edition. Can you guess who this weeks character is?
Come on you've got this one.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Pokemon Trainer's pokemon swap has a very unusual additional quality; on a stage with a transforming background, such as Lylat Cruise, his pokemon will not come out during the stage change. He has to wait until the stage background transformation is over before his pokemon can come out.
it's all on the disc's reading, basicly the priority is first the stage change, THEN the Pokemon, which i find kinda wrong, it should be the pokemon first :( Link + Tlink Fsmash hurts hard then :psycho:

infomon

Smash Scientist
And this, folks, is why RAM is important. ....and why the Brawl development team fails, hard.

Sigh. Still luv brawl tho :ohwell:

Edit: On that note, I wonder how hard it would be to get the Wii homebrew stuff to allow the use of the Wii's SD card reader as a cache for the optical drive. I guess you'd have to entirely replace the Wii kernel's driver for the disc drive... or otherwise intercept calls to it. Also I'm not sure how the data transfer rates between the Wii's optical drive and its SD card reader compare, but I presume it'd be in our favour.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
hmm, maybe we should look at the hint another way, a 10 page paper due in 3 hours is quite gay, so the character we're looking for should be extremely homosexual

but d3's been done you say,well, maybe its carry over gay from the last game, in which case the next character is clearly sheik

Browny

Smash Hater
this thread has become the very definition of failure

at least rename it to bi-weekly character discussion or something, we wont care if it takes twice as long, anything is better than a blatant lie though

infomon

Smash Scientist
at least rename it to bi-weekly character discussion or something, we wont care if it takes twice as long, anything is better than a blatant lie though
What about a blatant mistake? Like, you can't seriously be that upset about not getting a hint, are you?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
What about a blatant mistake? Like, you can't seriously be that upset about not getting a hint, are you?
you clearly do not understand that this thread constitutes these people's existence.

imagine what'll happen when all characters have been discussed... O:

Top Bottom