• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Well... seeing as he said "Underdog," and the player UndrDog is *the* Pit expert in the back room...

Lucario is actually a dog, though, and the "lack of recovery options" thing leads me to say Lucario over Pit...

**** you, Panda, for not making this perfectly obvious!!!!

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Wait a minute - Lag AFTER some of his best attacks? Lucario doesn't have lag AFTER his attacks, all his lag comes BEFORE the attack.

EDIT: DON'T BE THROWN OFF BY THE TERM "UNDERDOG." The hint could practically refer to Ike now.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Can't be Zamus anymore :(

her best KO moves are fair and bair, and they aren't very laggy at all
F-B has startup lag but very little ending lag

I'll go with my original choice of Lucario, followed by peach

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I now think the character is Olimar. His lag comes after his attacks, for one, and he has a terrible recovery. I could go over every reason why he matches the hint, but he just seems like a good fit.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Olimar has already been discussed, I think. I thought it was Lucario all the way through the hint until the part about lag. Lucario has no, or next to no, cooldown lag on his K.O. attacks. All of the lag comes BEFORE.

I'm actually uncertain of whom the next character might be. It could be WARIO, or maybe (Wario) Mario's cousin (Wario), or Luigi's cousin (Wario). It might even be some fat guy (Wario).
Nah, scratch that, it's probably someone like Wario (Wario).

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
It's Ike.

Or Luke.

-Ter
It shouldn't be Ike, he rocks at KO's with his nair, fair, usmash and fsmash, and eruption has incredible vertical power. It may be Yoshi, beginners have a tough time dealing with the "turn into egg" special, not knowing how to stop it, and falling off edges carelessly.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Why is it that after Samurai Panda made the hint "Too Easy," I no longer have any idea who the character could be? And whose been complaining to him that the hint was too hard, anyway?

infomon

Smash Scientist
I thought it was Lucario all the way through the hint until the part about lag. Lucario has no, or next to no, cooldown lag on his K.O. attacks. All of the lag comes BEFORE.
Lucario's smashes do have more start-up lag than ending lag. But at high-level play, Lucario will more often get hit at the ending of the attack; even while the hitbox is outstretched! Why? Because a smart Lucario's not using the smashes while the opponent is close enough to get near him during the start-up. It's when the attack's hitbox is near the opponent, that Lucario is in danger; when the tip gets dodged, and Lucario gets punished while his paws are lingering outstretched. Lucario only gets saved by the hitboxes being large and long-lasting; unfortunately, they're only single-hit, so any clashing with them (by shield or an attack) and you can run in safely to punish.

It may be Yoshi, beginners have a tough time dealing with the "turn into egg" special
SamuraiPanda has established that beginners are not in question here. We're looking at how the characters do when they're played by pros, against pros.

It's Pokemon Trainer! My Money is on it!
Sweeeet!!

NxC

Smash Apprentice
I remove my comment about it being Pit or Sonic, and any connections to consuming my jacket. Now I really have no idea who it is, because all the previous candidates were just violated by this 'lag' business. o_O;

EDIT: I'm kindasortaleaningtowards Yoshi on this one. =/ Never played the character before, so I don't know how 'fun' he can be, but the lack of recovery options and the dedication by the community seem to be powerful hints.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
It's not Lucario. The hint says most expert/pro players aren't maining this character. Lucario is one of the lowest tier characters that pro's and experts play. Haven't we all heard of Azen??!?!? And there's others like him.

Plus, his smashes are more prelag than after lag, as someone said before.

I think it's either Sheik or Yoshi... both definitely create massive aerial pressure. It's probably Yoshi rather than Sheik, because Sheik does have two options for recovery a lot of the time. Sometimes she chains, sometimes she vanishes.

Well, on the other hand, the clue about people that use the character are good with the character leans towards Sheik. The way i hear it, a lot of goofballs and poor smashers use Yoshi. I've never seen anyone play Sheik without solid mastery of the character.

The fun2play reputation points more towards Yoshi...

It's pretty close here.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I don't think it's Yoshi. His recovery options is only limited when he doesn't have his Double Jump.

I still think it's Pokemon Trainer, All 3 of the Pokemon fit the bill

Top Bottom