• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

WITH

Smash Apprentice
At first i thought PT, but then the technical skill thing and the determination made it seem like yoshi. So i'll go with...Yoshi (but is he scary??).

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
lol... this can go to about anyone who's low tier.

My guesses are Sonic, Yoshi, Jiggs, Lucas, Ness, and Roy.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Seems like 75% of the cast has hidden potential and are just waiting for someone to win the tournaments with them and make them god tier lol.

I'm just gana go ahead and say its Ike because I feel like it, I hardly ever guess anyways.

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
but the people who use this character are certainly dedicated and won't stop until they prove their point. But we're still waiting for them to prove it

Yoshi!

kithkin

Smash Champion
IC chaingrabs are surprisingly easy. Not hard to master at all, only difficult part is the weight differences, which everyone has to deal with.

And Desyncs are easier than melee too, cause they happen automaticcaly with attack lag...

edit: but the description does sound like IC's.

or roy.

Browny

Smash Hater
This character can be quite scary to some people. Relatively unknown to most smashers, this character has tricks galore that can take people by surprise when they play against someone with actual skill, but finding those people can be difficult as there aren't many. This character is the embodiment of potential right now, as it is only a matter of time until a breakout player starts sweeping the big names and will make everyone know who that player is. However, tapping into the character's potential will prove to be a difficult task, as the character demands technical skill, which is rare and difficult in Brawl. Despite this blatantly obvious potential, there are still people who think this character isn't going anywhere, but the people who use this character are certainly dedicated and won't stop until they prove their point. But we're still waiting for them to prove it.
yay my turn again

whos left...

DK, Fox, IC, Ike, Jiggs, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Ness, Olimar, Peach, PT, Sheik, Sonic, Wario, Yoshi, ZSS

Who has more potential than the others... (who isnt wario) all imo of course,
IC, Jiggs, Luigi, Mario, Ness, Olimar, Peach, PT, Sonic, Yoshi

Who requires technical skill...
IC, Luigi, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Sonic, Yoshi

Who is desperate to prove thier character has this potential..
Luigi, Olimar, Sonic, Yoshi

Tricks galore?
Luigi, Sonic, Yoshi

and who is scary?
I think only Luigi fits that criteria

Crow!

Smash Lord
Tricks galore unknown to most players sounds like Yoshi to me. Yoshi can very closely emulate wavedashing, can cancel a dash straight into a walk in any direction, and has a few good grab release followups, just to name a few.

The only other remaining character whose existent potential is non-obvious is Mario, but I only know of two tricks up his sleeve (FLUDD and the Cape), and most people already know about cape gliding.

Peach, ZSS, and Fox are all high potential tricksy players, but everyone knows about thier tricks.

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
no1 has mentioned fox >_>
He is considered to have an incredible potential and has a lot of tricks and kills around 100% all the time, it's rare to play against a good fox, that is why people think he sucks

infomon

Smash Scientist
A few people have mentioned Fox, but provided little or no justification. He's a possibility IMO but is he really all that technical? I'd believe it but I just don't know.

Sonic, on the other hand, is definitely a possibility here. His mains are dedicated and Sonic IMO is the definition of potential. He has a crazy amount of tricks but you have to be sooo fast and careful when you play him. Most people don't realize the depth to Sonic, all the weird uses and set-ups of his spindashes and their different forms of cancelling. *shrug*

I don't think he's as technical as ICs though.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I don't see Luigi being very technical, unless you feel that spamming B to recover with Luigi Tornado or A to do aerial juggles is very... technical.

A few people have mentioned Fox, but provided little or no justification. He's a possibility IMO but is he really all that technical? I'd believe it but I just don't know.

Sonic, on the other hand, is definitely a possibility here. His mains are dedicated fanboys and Sonic IMO is the definition of potential. He has a crazy amount of tricks but you have to be sooo fast and careful when you play him. Most people don't realize the depth to Sonic, all the weird uses and set-ups of his spindashes and their different forms of cancelling. *shrug*

I don't think he's as technical as ICs though.
fixed. can you find it? ;]
[edit]
bolded for more lol[/edit]

Sonic is far from technical, at least, it feels so to me.
The most technical thing I have probably ever done as Sonic is a foxtrot>B-reversal shieldcancel grab a triple-spring-cancelled-aerial combo, but that's waaay too situational and almost noone knows about it, so I really doubt that's what they're talking about. Besides, the rest of Sonic gameplay is all player-based illusions. `.`;

Yoshi's DR, however, seems to require a bit of technical speed, doublejumping and performing an aerial in only a few frames' time, with applications that are basically... wavedash, it's pretty possible that it's Yoshi for once

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Donkey Kong?

I'm at a loss.

As long as it's not Mewtwo again.

M@v

Subarashii!
Only reason i dont say fox is because we havent openly shown our determination to make him go bigtime...unlike the weegii and sonic boards>_>

Im just Kidding, its YOSHI!!! ...J/k

you guys realize they are going to put him last for the lulz of it right?

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
LOL YAY PURPLE NAMES!!! ITS YOSHI!!! WOOT. You see, think of it. There REALLY is no other way to make a hint FOR YOSHI besides this!

(see again, just like the hint says, Yoshi mainers will try to prove their point over and over til the audience will believe)

Top Bottom