• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
This was a therapeutic chain of events...
Guess I’m not the fighting kind...
...Will we always say we tried?
And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance...
We tried to wash our hands of all of this...
Doors inside my head, bolted from within...
It's all so clear, now. It must be Magikarp.

Magikarp's Splash is a therapeutic wash of water. It's also a fighting move.

Week 26 = Magikarp.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
A question for the SBR:

How much money has been bet on our sucess at figuring out the hints?
Considering the person that has made the most progress in figuring out the hint in this thread has been me, we don't bet on you guys.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I can't believe it took me so long...

This is a description of Super Mario Sunshine!

This week's character is Mario!

chemical romance - the sludge and the beauty of Isle Delfino, bolted from within - FLUDD reference - it's head is two bolts. Wash my hands of this - sunshine. Therapeutic - for Delfino Isle, it is! It even explains all the "I" and "we" usage.

This weeks character is Mario!
Add this to the overwhelming evidence for Ike...

This week's character is Mike!

Or better yet since Mike comes from a Wario game, and Oli Oli Oxen Free is a term in hide-and-seek, divide the answer by the square of the hypotenus and you get a condeluted fraction which no one in the known world could understand.

And since Super Mario Galaxy doesn't take place in the known world, but known space, and Luigi is unlockable in that game, and Luigi has a mansion full of ghosts...

The hint must be a reference to the need of LOLIMARANGERS at Luigi's mansion. And while the rangers are busy, Ike prepares himself to save princess Marth from the Mighty Dragon Charzard. Therefore, the character must be the mighty warlock Pokemon Trainer, with his mysterious monster catching devices and lack of communication skills.

When Ike's fully charged F-smash failed to save Princess Marth needed some rescuing from someone who doesn't announce that the enemy should prepare himself. Mama Luigi was her rescuer after that. And when Marth wanted to marry Mama Luigi, Captain Falcon stepped in and said Yes. Ike feeling left out, decided to make a profile on smash word forums called PKLUVA, because he's a Ness Fanboy, and wrote Emo poetry. And thats why Ike is the character of the week.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Considering the person that has made the most progress in figuring out the hint in this thread has been me, we don't bet on you guys.
How do you make progress on figuring out something you already know? That's like scoring points in a game that's already over. What a Monday morning quarterback. lol

brbrainerd

Smash Rookie
I haven't read through every post, but from what I've seen lately I think we're looking at this too literally.

The hint is not a Caesar cipher or similar, obviously, because we're seeing cohesive sentences. Nothing's coming out of the lettering for me.

My only thought, and I'm sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned, is that each line is from a different song.

What I've identified so far:

"This was a therapeutic chain of events" - from "Camisado," by Panic! At the disco
"Guess I’m not the fighting kind" - from A Bad Dream, by Keane
"Will we always say we tried?" - hard to ID, but most popular is Rooftops by Lostprophets
"And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance" - from Take it Away, by the Used
"We tried to wash our hands of all of this" - from The Freshmen, by Verve Pipe
"Doors inside my head, bolted from within" - from Lay Your Burden Down, by Audioslave

That, I believe, is breadcrumb #1. Where to go from there? My only thought is that either the titles of those songs, the artists who wrote them, or the meaning of each song, is meant to tell us who the character is; not the literal words themselves. The clue could be in the lettering, but for now I'm off to check songmeanings.net

XienZo

Smash Lord
I haven't read through every post, but from what I've seen lately I think we're looking at this too literally.

The hint is not a Caesar cipher or similar, obviously, because we're seeing cohesive sentences. Nothing's coming out of the lettering for me.

My only thought, and I'm sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned, is that each line is from a different song.

What I've identified so far:

"This was a therapeutic chain of events" - from Panic! At the disco, by Camisado
"Guess I’m not the fighting kind" - from A Bad Dream, by Keane
"Will we always say we tried?" - hard to ID, but most popular is Rooftops by Lostprophets
"And I’ve lost all doubt in a chemical romance" - from Take it Away, by the Used
"We tried to wash our hands of all of this" - from The Freshmen, by Verve Pipe
"Doors inside my head, bolted from within" - from Lay Your Burden Down, by Audioslave

That, I believe, is breadcrumb #1. Where to go from there? My only thought is that either the titles of those songs, the artists who wrote them, or the meaning of each song, is meant to tell us who the character is; not the literal words themselves. The clue could be in the lettering, but for now I'm off to check songmeanings.net
Try PK LUVA. And search his account.

The only problem is that they said we would be sure when we have the answer, so we're not there yet, or the community is too insecure(well, thats one way of putting it...)

brbrainerd

Smash Rookie
Ah, so it has been mentioned. Goodie. What's the search term for PK LUVA's account? The search engine won't let the space in.

Until we find the next real clue, here's what I'd gather from each song's meaning:

"A Bad dream"
Two quotes of interest:
"why do I have to fly"
"I just feel to tired, guess I"m not the fighting kind"
--points to jiggly

Rooftops
"Will we make a mark this time" - would refer to a veteran character from original smash or melee that didn't make it before into the top tier
-"standing on the rooftops," again the flight theme, or at least high jumping

The used
"take my life" - refers to the character in question being weak

The Freshmen, by Verve pipe
-Song is about suicide and loss, and guilt.
-"His girl took a weeks worth of Valium and slept" - not meant literally in the song of course, but could point to jiggs

Lay your Burden down
-Again about loss, what once was never to return

The fact that there's *singing* at all, points to jiggs.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
"Oli oli oxen free" is a call for hide-and-go-seek and similar childrens games. This was clearly not the true hint, in the context of the real hint.

And if you want the condeluded explanation, check my previous post.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I couldn't find that. Is it on his profile? I found the one on OS's profile but I can't find the IFFMF part.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
If they came to the Olimar boards though, they would have seen the many threads that should be closed...and aren't. They haven't closed any though- proof that they haven't been into the Olimar forums in a while. Just a thought, lol.
Yeah, every character board has those. You wanna try moderating 35 different boards with 35 different little communities of people that want their space to look perfect? Its not easy.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Little communities, that sounds cute. It's like we're a country...the character boards are little towns and the general boards the big cities. General Brawl Discussion is the most dangerous city. Once you visit it you leave with brain damage.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yeah, every character board has those. You wanna try moderating 35 different boards with 35 different little communities of people that want their space to look perfect? Its not easy.
Actually, the Lucario Boards haven't reached a consensus on that. One the one hand, the new moderation has made those boards more tactical and information more directly accessable. On the other hand, we lost the Lucario Chatroom. It was the most popular thread on the boards, and from the Lucario Mainers' standpoint, the embodiment of the single best and worst element of the boards - spammy random joke discussion, with only eventual progress on things that were actually useful.

It sounds odd that a thread like that would be good, but it was useful for building a Lucario community. They have a #Lucario chatroom now in the Globalgamers IRC, but they don't show the same restraint there, so I tend to avoid it. Heck I'd advocate for the stickying of the IRC chat discussion and link thread if not for the fact that there is no way that would be appropriate to sticky (don't sticky that thread, ever).

Not all the boards are really concerned with having their boards perfectly moderated, although I suppose there are members of every community that would like this.

brbrainerd

Smash Rookie
Huh, I'm not getting the PKLUVA thing. You have to cut out parts of the names to get there, and the P only came in recently. Which would have make the original hint KLUVA? They'd really expect us to get it from that?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Huh, I'm not getting the PKLUVA thing. You have to cut out parts of the names to get there, and the P only came in recently. Which would have make the original hint KLUVA? They'd really expect us to get it from that?
Panic at the Disco
Keane
Lost Prophets
The Used
Verve Pipe
Audioslave

that's how they got pkluva.

First letter of each band's name, not including articles.

though, it sure would be interesting if...

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Okay, so if the lyrics have nothing to do with the character and the first step was to find the bands who did the songs. Once that was figured out, the band names spelled out PKLUVA. So you guys followed the given bread crumbs to PKLUVA's profile, and he has one sole post which says, "I fight for my friends."

Edit: Note, said profile was created the same day of the hint.

The answer is obviously not Jigglypuff. It's Ike. Good job guys. You win, I lose.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lmao SBR got owned.

But really, if it isn't Ike, I'm going to say the little earthbound child.
You do realize that without Overswarm and my posts then you guys would still be trying to compare the song lyrics to characters...

Also, in my eyes the SBR has won so far :).

This is halrious.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I think this must be for the SBR what it's like to watch a kitten chase a string just out of reach.

Snail

Smash Lord
You do realize that without Overswarm and my posts then you guys would still be trying to compare the song lyrics to characters...

Also, in my eyes the SBR has won so far :).

This is halrious.
Possibly, but we figured it out. Sort of. The initial hint was rather obscure as well... Can't blame us for not guessing that <_<

infomon

Smash Scientist
Possibly, but we figured it out. Sort of. The initial hint was rather obscure as well... Can't blame us for not guessing that <_<
Yes they can. The hint was fair. We failed. They gave us dozens of miniature hints, and for the mostpart they went overlooked and/or completely misinterpreted. Or completely ignored. "o hint too hard I'll just say wario cuz he's my main"...

Meh! Ike discussion should be interesting. Can't wait for Sonic and PT tho :)

and more challenging hints, of course :laugh:

Snail

Smash Lord
Yes they can. The hint was fair. We failed. They gave us dozens of miniature hints, and for the mostpart they went overlooked and/or completely misinterpreted. Or completely ignored. "o hint too hard I'll just say wario cuz he's my main"...

Meh! Ike discussion should be interesting. Can't wait for Sonic and PT tho :)

and more challenging hints, of course :laugh:
Well of course, this is Smashboards after all. Still, some of us are intelligent and even they couldn't figure it out until SamuraiPanda posted the new hint. :/

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
I dont think the first hint was fair at all.

The first hint + look to your friends hint Made the hint almost perfect. Hard but solvable.

Personally i am impressed that we found it. But upset at how long it took.
/didnt help

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I dont think the first hint was fair at all.

The first hint + look to your friends hint Made the hint almost perfect. Hard but solvable.

Personally i am impressed that we found it. But upset at how long it took.
/didnt help
Maybe you should still take into consideration just HOW many characters there are left, thus why we have to make the hints so difficult at this point.

It's also not fun when the first clue is all figured out in 24-48 hours after it being administered.

"Not fair"?...WAAAmbulance.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
We on the ZSS board know that the easiest way to accomplish forum cleanup is to spam the mods. Yay spam!

infomon

Smash Scientist
They seem to be telling us we are wrong. Is this just mindgames or should we keep looking?
My understanding is that they've all but admitted we finally figured it out. If there was anything more to be discovered, I think they would give us some indication at this point. Instead, I see this:

I think you're right. Ike! (the backroom fails us if this is wrong)
The backroom wins again.
I interpret that to mean that the backroom has not failed us; we've reached a dead-end answer that fits all their hints and gives a definite conclusion (unless you're thinking too hard about the Olimar thing).

OSNAP: look at PKluva's profile page... Samulai commented "I feel bad for you.", and in the same minute, PKluva comments back "who r u guyz??/" (after a bunch of us left him visitor messages LOL)

Also, he's added me as a friend. Yay!
I reeeeally hope we're not just trolling some n00b lol.

Top Bottom