• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I don't think it's Fox. I think Xiivi sent that message to Sliq on purpose to try to mindgame us. No one would be dumb enough to "accidentally" say the answer in a message that can be viewed by the public. A complicated hint like this wouldn't be handled carelessly.

Unless Scorptile34 knows that it is officially Fox, then my above statement is debunked. And by "officially" knowing the answer, I mean having Sliq himself tell Scorptile the answer.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I don't think it's Fox. I think Xiivi sent that message to Sliq on purpose to try to mindgame us. No one would be dumb enough to "accidentally" say the answer in a message that can be viewed by the public. A complicated hint like this wouldn't be handled carelessly.

Unless Scorptile34 knows that it is officially Fox, then my above statement is debunked. And by "officially" knowing the answer, I mean having Sliq himself tell Scorptile the answer.
I'm tired of this nonsense, and I've already been PM'd by several people asking for the answer, so I'm going to post the answer to the puzzle to save myself some effort. I'll post it in spoiler format so you can figure it out for yourself if you want. And no, Sliq didn't tell me himself, but once you hear the answer and reasoning, there's little doubt as to who it is.

The first hint is that a Makoto guide is the exact hint with some things replaced. The thing to learn from the guide is that "J" is one of the best Makoto players in Japan, so just remember that J is important.

If you start looking around and googling for J and all of the characters remaining (e.g. J Wario, J Ness, etc.), you'll find Michael J. Fox. That's one way to solve the puzzle. I found this early on, but didn't think it would be that easy.

Another way is to use the hints that Sliq started to give out yesterday. "Bink" (Sliq's first hint) is a word used over and over in Season 3, Episode 13 of Scrubs, which is written by Bill Lawrence (Sliq's second hint). There is a guest doctor in that episode, who is played by Michael J. Fox.

It's Fox.

Should be revealing it soon anyway, but there you go.

Sliq

Smash Master
Scorptile is smart. There are other ways to solve it (one of which Scorptile also guessed) which will be revealed in time.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Scorptile is smart. There are other ways to solve it (one of which Scorptile also guessed) which will be revealed in time.
Rofl wtf? What the F'ing F. What a ridiculous hint, what a ludicrous solution.

Good work scorptile, you're almost as full of win as weeg.
Why thank you. Wouldn't expect it from a guy with a Mortal Kombat avatar, would you?

And let's not exaggerate. Nobody's nearly as full of win as weeg, not even me.

I personally liked the puzzle a lot, nice job on it Sliq.

M@v

Subarashii!
This is mostly true...

Not that it's what you said but Fsmash is usable.

Anyway...

Looks like it's probably Fox, let's see what they say.

I really don't want their words to hurt, but I'm somewhat sure they will :(
Dude if Ike got an overall positive review(which he deserved btw), i think we will be fine.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'm tired of this nonsense, and I've already been PM'd by several people asking for the answer, so I'm going to post the answer to the puzzle to save myself some effort. I'll post it in spoiler format so you can figure it out for yourself if you want. And no, Sliq didn't tell me himself, but once you hear the answer and reasoning, there's little doubt as to who it is.

The first hint is that a Makoto guide is the exact hint with some things replaced. The thing to learn from the guide is that "J" is one of the best Makoto players in Japan, so just remember that J is important.

If you start looking around and googling for J and all of the characters remaining (e.g. J Wario, J Ness, etc.), you'll find Michael J. Fox. That's one way to solve the puzzle. I found this early on, but didn't think it would be that easy.

Another way is to use the hints that Sliq started to give out yesterday. "Bink" (Sliq's first hint) is a word used over and over in Season 3, Episode 13 of Scrubs, which is written by Bill Lawrence (Sliq's second hint). There is a guest doctor in that episode, who is played by Michael J. Fox.

It's Fox.

Should be revealing it soon anyway, but there you go.
These hints are sooo ******** nowadays. You actually have to do this much research for it to figure it out... Uhhhh... -.-

mimic_king

Smash Lord
It'd be cooler if they just had it actually WEEKLY. The hints are only to keep us busy.
Dude this is a busy time. Do you really expect the hints to be up weekly now? Earlier they were, but then finals came up and now the holidays. You can't always expect things to go EXACTLY as planned.

Oh yeah, and lol at OS and Infzy's posts.

Nestec

Smash Ace
So, wait, was there a significance with the TODay at the end?

GAAAH, I can't let all the remaining characters pass by without solving at least ONE of them!!!

Top Bottom