• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

sam4

Smash Cadet
scorptile34 said:
I'm assuming that with finals and the holidays, the discussion about Fox from the SBR has been minimal. Most of them probably had quite a bit of traveling to do, in addition to spending time with friends and family. They don't want to shaft a character's community by putting out a crappy weekly discussion with nothing useful in it...that's resulted in some pretty intense QQ'ing in the past.
I see your point. What's the point in posting a discussion if not many people will look at it... or if it's crappy, anyways. Of course, I haven't read the entire thread, so I wouldn't know about the past "QQing" (haven't heard that term before), but posting something crappy now wouldn't get you too far.

So that means we probably won't be getting an update until most people get back, I guess? And when could that be, in a week? :confused:

_Phloat_ said:
If you want some of the more recent ones, you can go to the character specific discussion thread. Sometimes the admin will post about his hint, or tell how you were supposed to solve it. Of course, reading that might ruin the idea of "solving it by yourself" as you said, but if you are looking for some recent ones for friends you should look at the thread posted by the summary.
Lol thanks for that. If I get stumped, that would be helpful. I'm sure if I look hard enough I'll find the answers I'm looking for. After all, Google is your best friend here. :)

infzy said:
It's IKE!!!!!!1
Rofl.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I see your point. What's the point in posting a discussion if not many people will look at it... or if it's crappy, anyways. Of course, I haven't read the entire thread, so I wouldn't know about the past "QQing" (haven't heard that term before), but posting something crappy now wouldn't get you too far.
I'm glad you're of a similar mindset to myself now. :)

BTW, since you didn't know what QQ meant, I will describe it for you.

QQ originally comes from the Blizzard game Starcraft. In the game, you type ALT+Q+Q to quickly quit the games. Players would then **** talk each other and say haha you QQ'd out noob. Then people looked at it closer and it looked like 2 eyes crying.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
the sbr is taking longer to update this than it took for the dojo to confirm captain falcon

:p much love to everyone

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I'm pretty sure the halt in the updating has to do with the recent tier discussion for the tier list that is being released soon... I believe it's on January 5th....

January 5th, June 1st- New Tier List/Ruleset
I don't know maybe that order is reversed...

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
OOooo lets take bets at the very bottom.

Fox was also the best in melee so before they rip him a new one, but they want to be careful, i dunno.

sam4

Smash Cadet
It's been like a month, not just two weeks. In short, it's been a while, and I still think we won't see anything until next week.

scorptile34 said:
QQ originally comes from the Blizzard game Starcraft. In the game, you type ALT+Q+Q to quickly quit the games. Players would then **** talk each other and say haha you QQ'd out noob. Then people looked at it closer and it looked like 2 eyes crying.
You're incredible, dude. I think you're the first person in my history of using the Internet, I've never seen anyone not only define something I don't know, but have a concise, yet detailed history of it too. I wish there were more people like you. BTW, thanks for the compliment. :)

We need less noobs and more people like scorptile.

And I don't care if I get signature-quoted on that last sentence.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
It's been like a month, not just two weeks. In short, it's been a while, and I still think we won't see anything until next week.

You're incredible, dude. I think you're the first person in my history of using the Internet, I've never seen anyone not only define something I don't know, but have a concise, yet detailed history of it too. I wish there were more people like you. BTW, thanks for the compliment. :)

Glad to help.

And I sig'd both of the last 2, just 'cause. :)

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
I want the update NOW, but if they are talking about fox maybe they are thinking about how to describe his epicness, fox is great :)

Irsic

Smash Ace

I feel like everyone knew this. Probably because I've played every Blizzard game in existence.

But then again, I don't understand the "10anythinghere" thing. Oh well. >_>

sam4

Smash Cadet
1. I haven't played any Blizzard games other than Metal Arms. >_>;

2. I don't know what the 10blah thing is either, but w/e, the more you know...

Nanaki

Smash Lord
1. I haven't played any Blizzard games other than Metal Arms. >_>;

2. I don't know what the 10blah thing is either, but w/e, the more you know...
The 10blah thing refers to the fact that you can't post a message unless it's 10 characters long. If you try, you get the message, "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.".

If someone wants to just post a "Yes" or "No" or "lol" then they must add something, usually in spoiler text with something related to the post, like "10falcos" for a post about Falco, or the generic "10char" to refer to the need for 10 characters in a post, etc.

You have gained knowledge this day. :)

Edit: You should give Blizzard games a shot, unless you're the easily addicted type. Diablo 2 has eaten quite a few of my days in the past, and it's still ridiculously fun with friends, even when you have made about every character variation in existence... There's always that life-eating WoW too, which also happens to be pretty fun if you're willing to drop $15 a month on a game and have time to put into it.

sam4

Smash Cadet
otg said:
So, no one is updating this thread anymore? Who is left? wario lucas and ness? Shows how much the SBR cares about characters that aren't MK.
Rofl they had the arse to lift Falco above Dedede in the new tier list, as well as boost Olimar, among other things (It's not really related to the Character Discussions, but I have a hunch it would foreshadow their place on the tier list). I think it is a little ignorant to think so lowly of the SBR when from what I know few people have actual knowledge of what truly goes on in there. That could be completely wrong, but it's just what I've been seeing.

And since when did anyone say they stopped updating the thread? It's still around Christmas and New Year's, and everyone here has an actual life and (hopefully) they don't just sit at their computer for twelve hours. I think it's unfair to say something like that after all they've done.

Pgh-M@v-Pgh said:
the Fox discussion has been out in the fox sub-boards
Mister_E said:
Wow, STILL???

It's been over a month now, hasn't it?
Follow the link, if you want to see it. I shouldn't see complaints here anymore, it's already been posted, just not here.

scorptile34 said:
The 10blah thing refers to the fact that you can't post a message unless it's 10 characters long. If you try, you get the message, "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.".

If someone wants to just post a "Yes" or "No" or "lol" then they must add something, usually in spoiler text with something related to the post, like "10falcos" for a post about Falco, or the generic "10char" to refer to the need for 10 characters in a post, etc.

You have gained knowledge this day.

Edit: You should give Blizzard games a shot, unless you're the easily addicted type. Diablo 2 has eaten quite a few of my days in the past, and it's still ridiculously fun with friends, even when you have made about every character variation in existence... There's always that life-eating WoW too, which also happens to be pretty fun if you're willing to drop $15 a month on a game and have time to put into it.
Helpful as usual. :)

BTW I'm thinking about trying another Blizzard game, but IIRC, most of them were for the PC. I have an okay PC, as good as anyone else's. I don't know if it'll handle the games though, but if it does I'll give it a shot, starting with Diablo 2 probably, as I've never been a huge WoW fanatic.

Oh, and if you're going to give explaining requirements a shot, I have a Vista and an Nvidia GeForce 8-something. Other than that, I don't know anything off the top of my head, but if I had to guess, I have 512 MB of RAM, though I'm not certain.

My dad gets angry if I buy a game and I don't end up playing it a lot. And we have a history of game letdowns on the PC. Just some extra info there. :)

Sorry if I'm getting off topic. :(

Nanaki

Smash Lord
BTW I'm thinking about trying another Blizzard game, but IIRC, most of them were for the PC. I have an okay PC, as good as anyone else's. I don't know if it'll handle the games though, but if it does I'll give it a shot, starting with Diablo 2 probably, as I've never been a huge WoW fanatic.

Oh, and if you're going to give explaining requirements a shot, I have a Vista and an Nvidia GeForce 8-something. Other than that, I don't know anything off the top of my head, but if I had to guess, I have 512 MB of RAM, though I'm not certain.

My dad gets angry if I buy a game and I don't end up playing it a lot. And we have a history of game letdowns on the PC. Just some extra info there. :)

Sorry if I'm getting off topic. :(
We should probably talk about this over PM's instead of in this thread...but since there's no relevant activity here anyway, I see no reason not to hijack it for one more post. It's more constructive than most of these "waaahhh no update" posts anyway (once again, there IS an update, go to the Fox boards!).

Yeah, they make mostly PC/Mac games. There have been some crappy Starcraft spinoffs on console, but that's about it. As long as you're not planning on playing WoW, your compy should handle any other Blizzard game currently out just fine. I played D2 originally on a 32MB nvidia card, with 256MB of RAM and a 1.0 GHz processor. Your system is more than adequate.

I'd try Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, or Starcraft depending on what type of game you like most.

D2 is action/RPG/hack'n'slash at its best, picking a character and mowing down thousands upon thousands of demons and zombies with swords or spells, and upgrading your character as you go. If that's your kind of thing, you won't be disappointed. There's a character for every playstyle, there are still thousands of people playing it online, and it's over 11 years old.

Starcraft is strategy at its best, with a good, solid backbone and a quirky space theme. It's INCREDIBLY balanced for a real-time strategy game(RTS), but it's still a strategy game. You gather resources, build stuff, gather troops, and attack your friend/the computer (in said quirky space theme). People are also still playing it online, and it's almost 11 years old. Be ready to be destroyed in short order if you're just starting online, people on there have some really quick fingers and have been playing this game for a looooong time. Starcraft 2 comes out sometime later this year, I believe.

Warcraft 3 is something...in between, but awesome. Like a RTS with shorter levels, some RPG components (you control a hero who can level up) and a good story. If you like WC3 enough, you'll probably end up playing WoW, just a fair warning. It got me for a little while before I regained my sanity. You build things, gather resources, etc. like any other RTS, but still control specific actions of your hero character (most of which are in WoW). It's an excellent game really, and has some pretty cool characters and cutscenes.

Now that I've thoroughly nerdified myself, I'm going to take a shower and wash it all off. **** you Blizzard!

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Oh. Why haven't they changed it yet? Panda can't seriously be busy. Colleges haven't even started up yet.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
They just got done with a tier list, and according to the schedule that MLG_JV said they're also supposed to come out with V2 of the recommended Brawl Ruleset in January. I suspect they'll resume these once that gets done, but not before.

Top Bottom