• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smash back room

Ted PJs

Smash Cadet
if you were a member of the smash back room and swf decided to make an 08-09 melee tier list, what would you submit? dont take this thread seriously just make a freakin list. also, all new englanders and wemanz will b ignored

mine would resemble

1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Sheik
4. Marf

Hi
5. Jiggs
6. Peach
7. Falcon
8. ICies
9. Samus

Meh
10. Doc
11. Mario
12. Ganondork
13. Luigi
14. Link
15. DK

Lo
16. Pika
17. YLink
18. G@W
19. Roy
20. Yoshi

Buttox
21. Zelda
22. M2
23. Boozer
24. Ness
25. Kirby
26. Pichu

now u

ThreeX

Smash Lord
1. Falco
2. Falco
3. Falco
4. Falco

Hi
5. Falco
6. Falco
7. Falco
8. Falco
9. Falco

Meh
10. Falco
11. Falco
12. Falco
13. Falco
14. Falco
15. Falco

Lo
16. Falco
17. Falco
18. Falco
19. Falco
20. Falco

Buttox
21. Falco
22. Falco
23. Falco
24. Falco
25. Falco
26. Falco

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Sheik
4. Marf

Hi
5. Jiggs
6. Peach
7. Falcon
8. ICies
9. Samus

Meh
10. Doc
11. Mario
12. Ganondork
13. Luigi
14. Link
15. DK

Lo
16. Pika
17. YLink
18. G@W
19. Roy
20. Yoshi

Buttox
21. Zelda
22. M2
23. Boozer
24. Ness
25. Kirby
26. Pichu
27. Brawl

D20

Smash Lord
Ted's list is very close to what the tier list should look like. I'd switch Marth and Falco. Also, I would switch Zelda and Game & Watch. Other than that, you have a really solid list. I suppose you could argue that Peach and Jigglypuff should be switched, too. However, since Jigglypuff players (Sliq, Darc, and MaNg0) have been placing higher lately, I'd go with Jigglypuff over Peach. Zelda should be higher because of her death combos on Captain Falcon, Fox, and Falco, Additionally, she fairs well against ICs, Samus, and Jigglypuff. If it wasn't for Marth and Sheik, she might be mid tier.

Skler

Smash Master
I'd pretty much keep the current tier list, probably shove DK and Luigi above Link (since their matchups against the top characters are less garbage) but keep them in low, and put Marth above Sheik. Bam, instant perfect tier list.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I'd pretty much keep the current tier list, probably shove DK and Luigi above Link (since their matchups against the top characters are less garbage) but keep them in low, and put Marth above Sheik. Bam, instant perfect tier list.
Only perfect if you drop Roy a few spots and jump M2 above Kirby, Pichu and Boozer. How Roy stayed in low tier is far beyond me, Roy sucks >_>

Zodiac

Smash Master
1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Sheik
4. Marf

High
5. Jiggs
6. Peach
7. Falcon
8. ICies
9. Samus

Mid
10. Doc
11. Mario
12. Ganondork
13. Luigi
14. Link
15. DK

Low
16. Pika
17. YLink
18. G@W
19. Roy
20. Yoshi

Bottom
21. Zelda
22. M2
23. Boozer
24. Ness
25. Kirby
26. Pichu
27. Brawl
Best qoute friggen ever

ThreeX

Smash Lord
LMFAO Kio, your my hero.. i didn't even notice that, I thought you had just copied his list.

too good kio <3

Ted PJs

Smash Cadet
d20 said:
Ted's list is very close to what the tier list should look like. I'd switch Marth and Falco. Also, I would switch Zelda and Game & Watch. Other than that, you have a really solid list. I suppose you could argue that Peach and Jigglypuff should be switched, too. However, since Jigglypuff players (Sliq, Darc, and MaNg0) have been placing higher lately, I'd go with Jigglypuff over Peach. Zelda should be higher because of her death combos on Captain Falcon, Fox, and Falco, Additionally, she fairs well against ICs, Samus, and Jigglypuff. If it wasn't for Marth and Sheik, she might be mid tier.
zelda is decent in the right hands, and has some decent high level matchups, but i really believe she should stay bottom tier with characters in the same situation like ness and m2

Skler said:
you really think dk should be above link? well i guess you know better than anyone. but yeah, the thought of putting marth above sheik or even switching top tier around to 1. jiggs 2. marth 3. fox 4. sheik 5. falco has crossed my mind when making my list but i decided against any of those switches after a minute of consideration

pink reaper said:
Only perfect if you drop Roy a few spots and jump M2 above Kirby, Pichu and Boozer. How Roy stayed in low tier is far beyond me, Roy sucks >_>
nah i think roy is fine where hes at in low tier below g@w. it was hard to choose between the two personally but but im pretty sure roy deserves low tier. im not sure about yoshi deserving low tier though. i agree with raising m2 up in bottom tier as well but i think pichu definitely deserves the bottom spot. im suprised you didnt say anything about where i placed falco, marth, jiggs, falcon, peach, luigi, mario, etc. you seemed to be pretty sure they all need to be switched around in some other thread i read and i more than half agreed with you tbh

Skler

Smash Master
Yeah, but that's also KDJ vs people who aren't on KDJ's level. No matter who he picks in those matchups he should win because he's better at the game. Skill > matchups, but matchups come into play when skill levels are close to even.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
1. Marth
2. Fox
3. Sheik
4. Falco

High
5. Peach
6. Captain Falcon
7. ICs

Mid
8. Jiggs
9. Samus
10. Ganon
11. Doc
12. Mario
13. Luigi

Past that I have no idea and it doesn't really matter anyway.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Awww, come on Shai, don't be hating on the low tiers. Especially when you consider how some of them have randomly popped up to **** recently(Skler is pure **** sauce) Realistically though, I think it should go a little more like this:

High:
-Marth
-Fox
-Sheik
-Falco

High:
-Falcon
-Peach
-IC's

Mid:
-Samus
-Jiggs
-Ganon
-Doc
-Weegee
-DK

Low:
-Mario
-Link
-Pikachu
-Y.Link
-G&W
-Yoshi

Bottom
-Roy
-Ness
-Zelda
-Mewtwo
-Bowser
-Kirby
-Pichu

Falcon players really have taken the character to a level above what he used to be and despite the shenanigans Falco has been having all over Falcon's oh so manly face, its pretty safe to say that he's stepped up above Peach. As for the lower tiers Mario has basically been seeing less and less use and the metagame seems to be leaving him in the dust. And anyone who still thinks Mewtwo is the worst character in the game doesn't know what they're talking about.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Shai's list looked good.

God
1. Marth
2. Fox
3. Sheik
4. Falco

Not quite there
5. Peach
6. Falcon
7. Ice Climbers

Kind-of-high-but-more-middleish
8. Jigglypuff
9. Samus
10. Ganondorf

Mario tier
11. Mario
12. Doc

Pretty meh
13. Luigi
14. Donkey Kong
15. Link
16. Pikachu

Give me a break
17. Young Link
18. G&W
19. Roy
20. Ness

Fail
21. Zelda
22. Yoshi
23. Bowser
24. Kirby
25. Pichu
26. Mewtwo

Edit - Made tier cuts where I felt appropriate. Five isn't enough.

Top Bottom