• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Board's logo???

trumpet210

Smash Rookie
Just a random thought that occurred to me. Why does Smash Boards have Bowser as their main icon in the upper left corner? Wouldn't a more iconic character like Mario be more appropriate? Your thoughts please!

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Just a random thought that occurred to me. Why does Smash Boards have Bowser as their main icon in the upper left corner? Wouldn't a more iconic character like Mario be more appropriate? Your thoughts please!
Really??... Why does Mario have to be the logo for everything?
Just because Brawl is a Nintendo game and Mario is one of Nintendo's logo's doesn't mean he has to be the logo for everything Nintendo.
Maybe they put Bowser because it is Smash boards and they just thought Bowser smashes really hard.. Who knows.
And no I don't think Mario, or any other character in Brawl/Melee/64 would be "MORE" appropriate for the logo...
Bowser is just as much a character as Mario is.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Bowser is only the logo if you're looking at the boards in the Revolution skin.

Also, Aqua... Smashboards isn't just about Brawl... those characters aren't up there because of Brawl.

trumpet210

Smash Rookie
I fully agree, Mario was simply one example of many that would be appropriate. The question at hand is what makes bowser worthy?

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Bowser is only the logo if you're looking at the boards in the Revolution skin.

Also, Aqua... Smashboards isn't just about Brawl... those characters aren't up there because of Brawl.
Fixed it. Happy?
Maybe those characters are up there because of Brawl and YOU just don't know it. x] Hehe... Lighten up.

Also- Maybe they picked Bowser because he looked nice with the colors lol?
Yeah, I think it might make more sense if they picked someone from the original Smash Bro's 64 characters.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not sure, krewman. Maybe we could petition for a Falcon skin.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Not sure, krewman. Maybe we could petition for a Falcon skin.
I'm in.
Brawl would be nothing without Falcon,
Seriously since he's the best in the game and all you know. :laugh:
(If you didn't catch my sarcasm there, then well.. good luck)
He deserves something for being that manly.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I've always wondered this too. I mean, Bowser's okay, but he's pretty far down the list as far as who I'd pick. Perhaps there could be versions for all, or at least a lot of the playable characters, and it'd be chosen randomly whenever the page is loaded. I'm no web designer, so I don't know how feasible that would be, but if it could happen, it'd be awesome.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
gimpyfish is that cool with bowser

/end thread

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Lol! This has crossed my mind before, Mario would make more sense, but Bowser Logo is fine.

It's not like you come to SmashBoards to look at the Logo. =D

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It's only bowser when you browse the boards. :V

It changes based on what part of the site you go to, like going to news changes it to MK.

n88

Smash Lord
It's not like you come to SmashBoards to look at the Logo. =D
There are other reasons to come here?

Seiously, though Bowser is the logo because he's the actually the best character in Melee. There's a lot of people who think it's Fox, Marth, or Sheik, but really, Bowser is just so good that the Gamecube isn't powerful enough to make him as awesome as he really is. THe poor GC just can't comprehend Bowser's awesomeness, so it nerfs him.

The only reason Dedede has a chaingrab in Brawl is to prevent Bowser from reaching his former fantsticalness.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think a certain troll above just won the thread.

Good **** everyone else.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Then you must be using Smash Blue.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Switch to Classic Blue, it has Mario on the logo.

Classic blue or **** you.
This. Give Luigi the love. And yes it's luigi.

It has to be. I see an L. edit: i should read the entire thread before commenting. It's only 2 pages. >.> *plays melee*

And it's because of gimpyfish I bet.

Classic blue or **** you.

I prefer Bowser on the logo because it seems to promote it more than Mario would, in my opinion.
Bowser is not as misunderstood as Luigi, however, I believe Luigi needs much more attention, I can see where his secret hate for Mario has come from.

And then again, for reasons unbeknownst to me, whenever I hear the words "Super Smash Brothers", Bowser's image appears within my mind. He fits the whole 'Smash' part of it.

justaway12

Smash Master
As much as I would want Mario, I like Bowser up there, it fits with everything else IMO.
And besides, who doesn't like Bowser <3. I would miss revolution, but I like claissic blue so much more.

Top Bottom