• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
London Out of Con'Trolls Tournament 14/01/2012

ATTENTION

London's 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament 14th January CONFIRMED.
Brawl and Melee. Held in Croydon (easy to get to!!!).

If you haven't already check out http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313010

A LOT of brawlers will be attending and I can guarantee over 30 new faces and maybe even more by the time we get to January. And may have the best attendance UK smash has seen so far (NOT INCLUDING SNY)

As some of you already know about 4 months ago I had discovered a new brawl community in croydon, where tournaments were held WEEKLY (Thursday evenings). There weren't that many good players at the time but since we have been trying to mix communities some have been more interested than others and have been getting better.

Luigimitsu for example went from NOT placing high at the croydon weekly events to placing 1st frequently at them and advancing out of pools and placing 7th at his 2nd london monthly ever.
Sugarphil also a very good player and had placed high at his first croydon event where Cong Ixis and Hoe4u attended.
NO, (Feathers 13-year-old brother) coming out of nowhere and placing 2nd in a 26 man bracket last Thursday.
BlizzyWolf a fox main underestimated very often, but I see major improvement. In friendlies SHE destroys people but gets nervous and chokes in tournament games. Once she gains the experience she will be beastly. (C.R.Z she likes your fox and learns from you, give her tips if you can).

... And then there was me :troll: I don't play this game but I promise destruction. I want MMs anyone care to challenge.

At this event I may try and get prof to enter teams with me and as we have placed 1st at the last 4 monthlies in melee teams this could be the same result for braw O_o" ...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ATTENTION

If you haven't already check out http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313010

A LOT of brawlers will be attending and I can guarantee over 30 new faces and maybe even more by the time we get to January. And may have the best attendance UK smash has seen so far (NOT INCLUDING SNY)

As some of you already know about 4 months ago I had discovered a new brawl community in croydon, where tournaments were held WEEKLY (Thursday evenings). There weren't that many good players at the time but since we have been trying to mix communities some have been more interested than others and have been getting better.

Luigimitsu for example went from NOT placing high at the croydon weekly events to placing 1st frequently at them and advancing out of pools and placing 7th at his 2nd london monthly ever.
Sugarphil also a very good player and had placed high at his first croydon event where Cong Ixis and Hoe4u attended.
NO, (Feathers 13-year-old brother) coming out of nowhere and placing 2nd in a 26 man bracket last Thursday.
BlizzyWolf a fox main underestimated very often, but I see major improvement. In friendlies SHE destroys people but gets nervous and chokes in tournament games. Once she gains the experience she will be beastly. (C.R.Z she likes your fox and learns from you, give her tips if you can).

... And then there was me :troll: I don't play this game but I promise destruction. I want MMs anyone care to challenge.

At this event I may try and get prof to enter teams with me and as we have placed 1st at the last 4 monthlies in melee teams this could be the same result for braw O_o" ...
you know ill be there you silly
also, if youve made those posters then send them my way, tomrobotmad@aol.com so i can print them off and put them at the brawl stand at expo

Literally.

:king:
lol'd

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION

Dude don't hype all these guys up else they're gonna choke even more then they were already going to :)

Yeah okay, £5 mm at Brawl. Don't spin it and say "okay but £5 mm at melee" cuz you just offered mms out :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Will, £2 brawl mm? And £10 melee mm afterwards to make up for my ****ty brawl skills.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Yesterdays doubles results:

1st Loz8ichimaru + Sinth

2nd Alpha Dash + Professor pro

3rd Kasper + Feather

4th Cong + (Congs brother, forgotten his smash name)

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Andy, Calz, Kasper, and UK all need to go to Apex.
I have to meet the coolest scene in EU :(
haha why are we the coolest scene :p?

on another note i miss my purple name!!! take me back il be active this time

nice alpha dash i wana vs you two in doubles now with me and anaky

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Expo was jokes loool
Kyoshi ur yoshi is wack, GP ur ike is wack, and CRZ thanks for the money

Advertised a lot for BZ2 and out of controlls, hopefully get a few more entrants.
So many expo scrubs today were cocky are ****, 3stocked some guy with ganon who claimed he'd destroy all my characters with his falco.
People are so deluded :/

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
cheers for advertising man, i did a god bit more near the end of the day when you had gone home.
we didnt get that MM in the end, but hey maybe next time

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Sorry dude I left at 3 after my MM with CRZ, I got bored lol
Expo's aint really for me tbh, I'm not into most of the stuff the majority of people there are into.
I'll have to mm you next monthly if you're going?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Sorry dude I left at 3 after my MM with CRZ, I got bored lol
Expo's aint really for me tbh, I'm not into most of the stuff the majority of people there are into.
I'll have to mm you next monthly if you're going?

yeah i get you, expos a fairly big thing for me, as you can see by my blind dedication to my costumes XD
and yeah, ill give you a MM, MK vs. Ike, for the salty runback

SirKyoshi

Smash Journeyman
my yoshi is wack? i forgot that was FFA, i think u need to learn how yoshi is played willz, before talking

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
The K.Mac just can't handle the roller. The amount of K.Mac hype at this fest was by far the most ever.

Jolteon

We usually do pools+bracket, swiss has happened at only 2 uk nationals (both melee), there's just this gaming shop that does small-scale tournaments with swiss.

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
We usually do pools+bracket, swiss has happened at only 2 uk nationals (both melee), there's just this gaming shop that does small-scale tournaments with swiss.

Meh, At least it's only swiss for doubles, though every team involved except Me and Luke lost at least twice anyway :awesome:

Jolteon

I actually like Swiss in place of pools lol, I just don't like pure Swiss because there's less hype and there's never any epic GF comebacks. :(

K.Mac

Smash Lord
It wasn't K.Mac hype, it was "K.Mac insulting."

You guys realise that for the majority of the fest I was in a bad mood? Several times the constant 'K.Mac John' and other similar comments brought me close to yelling and throwing something. My lack of enthusiasm for playing friendlies on Saturday night was in part due to this.

I wanted to enjoy the fest, and for parts of it I did, but I really did not appreciate those constant remarks and comments. I just stopped caring and stopped bothering to say or do anything because every time I did, I felt insulted by the responses.

I can tolerate a small amount of friendly jibing and jokes, but some points during the week crossed the mark. You might consider me to be overreacting, but I don't care. Just bear that in mind for the future.

Otherwise, Calz, I appreciate the fest. It's just a shame I've kind of gone off of Brawl ... had I been into CoD like you guys I would have gladly brought my xbox over and joined in.

Top Bottom