• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros at Niko's Returns! March 14, 2009. (SBaN #8!)

Niko_K

Smash Master
:O

I guess this is going to be pretty big. And since SB@N is going to be a featured tournament at AIB soon, we might get a lot of new players coming out, in which case we'd have to ditch the basement and see how the Lion's club is doing.
I've been thinking the same thing, I'm gunna contact the lions club about a room and see if the price is manageable...maybe have a house fee of 3-5 bucks?

I'm sure I can manage it at the house though, I could reorganize the entire basement to make it a tad more spacious. Though its fine as it is..

and cmon guys! Please register with Allisbrawl!

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=823

Gichan

Smash Champion
Niko, if any Toronto guys go that DON'T have a car, are you willing to let us stay the night? We'll get the **** outta there first thing in the morning, I'm just trying to see my options.

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
yo man, I really wanna come to this thing but I have no way of getting there -.-

Minus and Ice, add bug@live.ca on msn and lets arrange something or something lol.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo, I already got you on msn, this is GI (Christian). So yeah, we'll try talking this ****, unfortunately we will most likely have to go by Greyhound. That's getting OWNED! Also, Runaway is getting a drive now so it's up to you and me.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Niko, if any Toronto guys go that DON'T have a car, are you willing to let us stay the night? We'll get the **** outta there first thing in the morning, I'm just trying to see my options.
Ya you guys can stay the night no problem!

Yo, I already got you on msn, this is GI (Christian). So yeah, we'll try talking this ****, unfortunately we will most likely have to go by Greyhound. That's getting OWNED! Also, Runaway is getting a drive now so it's up to you and me.
It's not that bad of a greyhound trip if your coming from union station, I take the trip every month so I can help direct you here. Ill give you my cell and home number in case anything pops up.

And WTClan...How many of your clan members are coming? Or are you going solo :p

Gichan

Smash Champion
Okay, so far looking good. I'll call you later for price and stuff and then I'll finalize it with work and say I'm not working on sat and sun.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
^ you're working on the 31st too?

10Zellers
Dunno, getting schedule later this week. Not like I can book it off on my 2nd week there though y'know? Even then, the only days I'm booking off are gonna be for Linkin Park, and camping in the summer... or if anything else comes up that involves breasts in a positive way.

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
It looks like I am gong to be coming to this. A girl that was at combo breaker contacted me on msn and said she can pick me up along with 4 other ppl. So me, Iceclimbers, KingAce is coming with her and we might find 2 more. We are all chippin in for gas money so its cheaper than coach canada or greyhound.

KingAce

Smash Ace
nothin wrong with takin the go-train. except, i looked on the mississauga transit if u live here, and it doesnt show a stop in niagara or st catharines. its better if you get a ride, because even if you take the greyhound you still gotta take a bus after that. if you cant get a ride though, jus greyhound it, still gonna be a fun day.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Its because GO Transit stops in Burlington haha. The only two options are to drive or take greyhound.

If the turnout is going to be over 25 people Im considering renting out a venue. Would everyone be ok with a $5 house fee?

Im gunna try and get the rest of the house first though.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Can I make one comment?

1. Be Tidy! I should not have to stress this anymore. I really would not like to have to clean up after everyone else's garbage and messes when I am the one organizing all this. There will be a big garbage bag where everyone can throw their garbage out at the bottom of the stairs.

NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS. Clean up your mess next time you're at a tournament Niko, you bastard! =P

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
That rules doesn't work though. Nikos basement is ridiculously dirty after the tournaments, partially becuase at least 5 people stay the night as well.

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
I might need some housing too if possible. I will try and find things out and get back to you but im coming for sure along with 4 others from my area. hope its gunna be big!

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I guess I'll just ask now to get the ball rolling.

Who does niagra want to be a panelist to represent niagra for the unified PR that will be in the works?

Niko or Max?

Sanu

Smash Champion
I know I don't really have much say, but I vote Niko. He seems more willing to travel to tournaments that aren't in his area. For example... there was some random unknown tournament in WATERLOO, and he came all the way there just to hang out and play. As such, he'd be able to get out to tournies more and be able to judge the players more effectively.

Of course, this is all assuming Max doesn't travel that much, which he doesn't seem to.

My two cents.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I would have to agree with you Josh. I have steady access to the GTA and Durham regions and can get there literally whenever I want. Though I'm not really posting for that right now.

I just contacted Russell Ave Community Center. They have a meeting office which seats 75-120 people which we can rent for 150 + insurance for the day. They told me they will be calling me tomorrow. If this goes through I will have to charge a 5 dollar house fee and I will post directions and stuff.

It would help greatly for whoever is driving to bring setups! Though I'm not confirming this at the moment. Just a heads up.

EDIT: Nate...it's N I A G A R A

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Dude hes black, thats why its Niagra.

Hm I am leaning more towards Max right now. Basing data from now and when we played Melee.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
I can't bring mine, it doesn't even have the top half of the case on, and the disk tray is screwed up.

Percon

Smash Lord
I guess I'll just ask now to get the ball rolling.

Who does niagra want to be a panelist to represent niagra for the unified PR that will be in the works?

Niko or Max?
To answer this question, I'd really like to know what this would entail. What qualities are most important? As neither me or Niko have never been part of a PR system, it would be new to both of us.

Is it someone that is able to travel more? Or does it require general game knowledge? Is part of it recognizing the skill level of the players of the region? Of the entire area that the PR encompasses? Or a combination of everything?

If I knew what was most important I could tell you who could do the better job. Though, if traveling is really that big of a factor, Niko can travel a lot more than I can. Not that I'm not willing, just not able on many occasions.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You ask some good questions Max.

Really, in my opinion there are a lot of qualities that go into a good panelist, but I'd say some weigh more then others.

As far as now, you both have done about the same amount of travelling so we can kind of write that off. ( for now)

For instance, the most important part of the Niagra panelist would be their knowledge of the Niagra skill levels, and how they'd wage certain players vs certain other ones. Now, at the same time one of the most important things about a panelist I'd say is their skill level.

The better a player is, the more people can trust their judgement on other players.... also the more valuable their input is when it comes to the higher spots of the PR.

All things considered, I held you two guys as kinda equal, thats why I asked because I thought maybe I could get some insight..... If all else I'd be willing to run on whoever got highest in the next tournament. If you guys agree then so be it :laugh:

Niko_K

Smash Master
Well there is no doubt that Max is definitely a smarter player than I am. If it is heavily weighted on skill I'm going to have to let him take that position. Also if it eventually will be heavily weighted on travel it could be an issue.

Though right now what you would be looking for as a Niagara Panelist would in fact be Max. He just has a lot more brain cells than I do and is the more skillful player.

XeroHarsh

Smash Journeyman
Well there is no doubt that Max is definitely a smarter player than I am. If it is heavily weighted on skill I'm going to have to let him take that position. Also if it eventually will be heavily weighted on travel it could be an issue.

Though right now what you would be looking for as a Niagara Panelist would in fact be Max. He just has brain cells and is the more skillful player.
I fix'd it for you.

lulz.

but on a serious note. you guys are pretty even. Next tourney decides it all.

Top Bottom