• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Brawl 1V1 Play N Trade Franklin Square,NY

Rafael PNT

Smash Rookie
186 New Hyde Park Road,Franklin Square,NY
516-502-4715
This will be our first tournament for Smash Bros. Brawl with a good turnout we will run future tournaments in Melee and Brawl, with bigger payouts. Any Questions/suggestions please dont hestitate to contact the store or message me.

The Tournament will start promptly at 6PM-10PM

We Will have 7 tvs and 7 wiis for the tournament so everything will run smoothly

There will also be a tournament for brawl the next day on Saturday February 5,2011 same details

Please be on time!
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
Pause Rule will be implemented
Any player who pauses a game will lose a stock *Unless asked by the TO*
The player may pause to ask the TO if something that has been done is legal/Illegal, after the TO will decide if the issue was worth pausing the game
First time this happens would be a loss of a stock life, Second will be a loss of the match
ONLY exception would be if the TO asked the players to pause the match

Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, 8 minute time limit.
* Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
* Items will be off.
* Smashballs will be OFF.
*Players will tell the Judge theyre characters to prevent counter picking.
...* You may not counterpick a stage that you won on.
*No Going completely under the stage so that you pass from one side to the other three or more times in succession without having landed on the main platform is banned and will result in a forfeit of the game. Clinging or hanging on ledges, as well as landing on floating platforms, do not count as landing on the main platform of the stage.
*Ports: Rock paper scissors for ports, winner chooses ports first.
*40 Ledge Grab Rule: If time runs out and you have grabbed the ledge over 40 times you lose the match.
* Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser or Ganondorf using a Sacrificial KO (with Flying Slam or Flame Choke respectively) and the game is tied, then any Sudden Death is ignored and the Bowser or Ganondorf player is declared the winner. The same rules are applied to Kirby, and DDD

* Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling, but using chain grabs infinitely against a wall (excessively beyond 300%) or using Sonic's Neutral B repeatedly underneath the stage is.)

Wii's will be on HDTV cables so there will be no lag*

BYOC

Starter Stages:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks:
* Delfino Plaza
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Brinstar
* Lylat
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pictochat
* Pokemon Stadium 2

Entry Fee will be 10$ Per player. NO VENU FEE!

There are plenty of restaurants with food subway right next door.

Be on time there will be no exceptions for being late!

Pay out will be in store credit of
1st place 75$
2nd place 50$
3rd place 25$

CXderp

Smash Rookie
I clicked more info... found the monies info. XD

Also, If it where made Saturday I would not be able to attend. Keep Friday imo. Nothing Personal Zorai, I just have work Saturday

Rafael PNT

Smash Rookie
Lol well just remember guys this is one of the first smash tournaments and i would like to start running them weekly or bi weekly and im open to any suggestions so we could run the next smash tournament on both friday and saturday. And if we do have a good turn out we would not mind upping the prize, and eventually start doing cash prizes. maybe even run some melee eventually to lol

Rafael PNT

Smash Rookie
no doubles this time but next tournament i could throw one in and make it Saturday. We will never charge a venue fee for any tournaments if you wanna come and just watch thats fine. I wanna make this Play N Trade a place for gamers to come and enjoy the atmosphere, you guys can add us on facebook. Id have to ask the owner if i could change the date if you guys think friday is a problem.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
I'm liking Fridays. Saturdays would be fine too.

Try both days and based on which day did better, hold it on Fridays or Saturdays from that point on.

CXderp

Smash Rookie
Both days works i guess. . . may be tough on the venue to do a double day tourney. How does Sunday strike everyone? I simply cant do this particular Saturday x_x

Rafael PNT

Smash Rookie
The owner just gave me permission to run one both days so i guess ill make another listing for saturday as well. I dont mind running both tournaments im trying to get as many of these things running so we can get a weekly thing going lol. and of course make sure you guys bring as many people as you can cuz the more people we get the more i can raise the prizes for the tournaments.

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
well judging from prior experience.. saturday's are going to be the better day to host tourneys. people usually don't have class and are able to make most tourneys, so you'll have more people actually show up. friday, you have people with class, work and all of that. but with that i'm open for either day.

CXderp

Smash Rookie
Advertise this on FB imo, I created this event and sent it to my entire friends list. I have 3 confirmed and ~6 possibly. Don't quote me on that heh, people tend to flake you know. Just sayin, there is the possibility of a bunch of me hooligans

Rafael PNT

Smash Rookie
Ya I did make it an event on facebook thing is not alot of our friends seem to play smash lol. but atleast it helps get the word out for it. but thanks CX hope your friends can make it

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
I'm gunna be coming out there after my class is done at 5. I'm bringing someone who actually wants to see what goes on at one of these tourneys. Hopefully it'll run smoothly and be a good time

Top Bottom