• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

BSP

Smash Legend
So....can Super Sonic have infinite time then? We can't use wiki and ignore another can we?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Again…you don’t need the work robots to get that reserve tank…the conveyer belt that you are running on before you reach the end gives you just enough room to activate a shine spark…the reserve tank you are talking about is close to the gravity suit…when the chozo statue takes you to the area…you bomb away the floor…roll into a hidden area in a room…shoot some work robots into a floor…grab a missile expansion…now after that…you set a power bomb off…and from where you are standing…there is enough room from where the chozo statue used to be…to run and build up speed…I’ve done this 2x…I swear I’ll make a video if you don’t try it yourself…it only takes like 30 minutes at the most for me to get to that area in the game (and that is if I’m just screwing around)
*yawn* What's the relevance here?

That the speed booster isn’t invincibility…
Stop lying. It says Samus is invincible when she uses the Speed Booster. She's invincible. Everything else is a game mechanic.

it is just making use of another way to store energy…
Storing energy is not equivalent to invincibility. In fact, storing energy means Samus has to crouch. If she's hit, it goes away. Stop acting as if storing energy and being invincible are mutually exclusive.

in this case…extreme speed to the point where you break the sound barrier…
That's not storing energy. It's simply creating a shock wave. The energy Samus creates with the Speed Booster is unspecified.

Well…try it out…because not only does he prove several things about the speed booster wrong (invincibility for one thing…he can hurt Samus while she is shine sparking him with his claws…how about that?)
Game mechanic. I doubt it was in the programmers interest to test if Samus would be harmed or not by Crocomire if you were to fly into him. Instruction booklet says Samus is invincible. Stop sniveling and accept that fact that Lucas lost.

I’m aware of what the blue suit glitch is…it just cloaks Samus in a “speed booster” energy when she is running…it sure does make proving the invincibility thing wrong a lot ****ing easier…because a good % of the foes in Super Metroid are able to smack Samus while she is moving still…and even more are immune to the energy type she has stored up…
You fail. The glitch is just that. A glitch. Glitches are not allowed. The way you perform what's necessary to make that glitch a glitch, isn't a glitch. That is, flying into Draygon. It's simply what happens after flying into Draygon, i.e., being blue.

Oh…and please show me the video of Drayon being killed on impact…because I’ll admit to not doing that and would like to see it (I’m more of a electrocute his *** until he is almost dead…then charge into him type)
I cannot provide the video, because I am not on my own computer, and YouTube is not allowed here.

Just to make this quick, the match between Samus and Lucas begins. Samus charges at Lucas. 1 second later, Lucas is dead. Rolling HP? I don't care about rolling HPs or any HP, because it's just a game mechanic. Everyone else might accept it, but I don't.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Dryn, where are you? Which places on the globe don't allow Youtube? China? o_o

Anyhoo, Bowser really does have the power to make this a tie or a win for him. Koopa Klown Car -> Air -> Invincibility Wish -> Tie OR -> Wish to hit Ike

Since Bowser can hurt Ike and Ike can't hurt Bowser, the match goes to Boozer. If the Rod is only allowed to do what it could do in-game, which is zomg, invincibility, than it is a tie.

_clinton

Smash Master
If the point you’re trying to make with that picture is that the parasol Peach is using is a different one…than I think you need to look at the ending of SMS…because Peach still glides with it in that game…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3amuWV3BXts

That is the game I meant.
The point I'm trying to make is that you can't compare different parasols.
Can her parasol even defend in Yoshi's island?
How is the parasol she uses in SMS different than the one used in SPM? Or the ones in YIDS? The one in SPM is never said to be a special parasol…the only “special” parasol Peach has got is “Perry” where is the proof that Peach’s parasol in SPM is “special” the only things it says it does is glide and defend…which isn’t anything special in the Mario series because all parasols seem to allow “gliding powers” for whatever reason and “defending” is something that is normal…

For SPP attack was more important, not to mention transfroming, which proves you can't.
Which is my point about Perry being a lot more than a parasol…where is the proof that the other parasols are special when they all seem to do the same things?

He has PSI too, the powers of divination, brainwashing, foreseeing events in the future and manipulating objects with his mind.
Those seem to be more of telepathic powers…which are in PK’s umbrella term…but…are also seen as separate…just like everything else…so where is Kamak’s proof that he has something like TK?

I asked this question myself.
So…do you think the logic behind Peach’s defense is just the same as Link’s shield?

Bowser has more, that's why he's the king.
Yes ^_^

♣ If Ike won't get hit by regular attacks, than why does Dragon Laguz is able to hurt Ike then? ♥
Thank you ^_^

*yawn* What's the relevance here?
That work robots are just annoying…nothing more…

Stop lying. It says Samus is invincible when she uses the Speed Booster. She's invincible. Everything else is a game mechanic.
Right…and I’m proving that they made an error with the instruction booklet…because plenty of things beat the speed booster’s so called invincibility…god…the screw attack does a better job at being so called invincible…

Storing energy is not equivalent to invincibility. In fact, storing energy means Samus has to crouch. If she's hit, it goes away. Stop acting as if storing energy and being invincible are mutually exclusive.
How does she “store” that energy in the 1st place? The speed at which Samus runs at creates a lot of excess energy…she stores that energy by ducking…and releases it to shine spark…

Really…how is it invincible when Sonic does the same thing with his speed pretty much?

That's not storing energy. It's simply creating a shock wave.
And how do you think that shock wave was made? It was from a release of a bunch of energy…

Game mechanic. I doubt it was in the programmers interest to test if Samus would be harmed or not by Crocomire if you were to fly into him.
Ah no…Crocomire is like the only boss the game makers may have put in where you can use the speed booster on…he even reacts to it if you try to release shine spark energy on him…it has the same affect that setting off a power bomb has on him…Crocomire unlike Draygon does show proof that you could hit him with it (Draygon is just a glitch you know ^_^)

Stop sniveling and accept that fact that Lucas lost.
How does that make sense? Because the power Lucas is packing is quoted as god level PK (yes, because PK has never been quoted as god power itself by anyone else…god I like how they just flat out say it at the end with Porky), and the description of “granting” whatever desire is pretty much saying that Lucas has his own personal “star rod” at his disposal

You fail. The glitch is just that. A glitch. Glitches are not allowed. The way you perform what's necessary to make that glitch a glitch, isn't a glitch. That is, flying into Draygon. It's simply what happens after flying into Draygon, i.e., being blue.
I’m aware that it is a glitch…I’m not saying that she would use it for this…but the affects of the glitch in case you can’t tell are a part of the game…because again…the “suit” just gets the properties of a permanent speed booster…using it to test the so called “invincibility” of the speed booster is fair game IMO…

Just to make this quick, the match between Samus and Lucas begins. Samus charges at Lucas. 1 second later, Lucas is dead. Rolling HP? I don't care about rolling HPs or any HP, because it's just a game mechanic. Everyone else might accept it, but I don't.
God…I like how you forget that Lucas is a master of PK…are you aware of what that gives you just for powers basically? I mean just grabbing her with his mind and blowing her arm cannon apart with basic TK doesn’t seem like it is that hard to do…

Also…where is your proof that Samus would be immune to Lucas’ telepathy? Samus being blinded btw in case you don’t get it would be crippling for her…

Oh and I like how you think Lucas is easy to beat…god his partner Kumatora is just blowing up tanks at the start of the game (I'll admit it takes some effort)…and she gets a lot more powerful by end game…yet Lucas ends up stronger than her…god...both of these psychics are more than a match for a full army of "super soldier" foes just by themselves...so how are they worse than Samus again? Who's has to have some of the sadest foes ever for her "super soldier" foes she fights (yeah...I'm making fun of the space pirates and how they are suppose to be "serious" foes)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
*yawn* You're boring me, _clinton. I don't feel like putting up with your assumptions. Lucas lost.

Oh, and in regard to this:

I think I found the word invincible in there. It's kanji. I looked up the word, and the word is "muteki." The four dots below appears to be the kanji word in that Super Metroid card reference. Unless, of course, anyone else can find another word in Japanese that should say "invincible," or knows Japanese, not just katakana, but also hiragana and kanji. That way, we can find out what that reference card says.

_clinton

Smash Master
*yawn* You're boring me, _clinton. I don't feel like putting up with your assumptions. Lucas lost.
How are they assumptions? The game stats in the text quite clearly several times that Lucas' power is a power that is linked to him/is a part of his soul, and allows you to do whatever you want with it with no limits...how is that different from the Star Rod or the Full Triforce?

The power is shown in the game to:
A. Give immortality (or at least a VERY long life time of 10,000 years or so) just in general to those around it who were guarding it
B. Protect from Doomsday...remember...the only reason the island was "protected" from calamity was because of a large power being hidden in the land of the island
C. Just unleashing it destroyed the island as an indirect result...because the power wasn't protecting the island anymore...we got to see what the "outside world" actually looked like at the time (just a bloody meteor shower...you know nothing "that big" of course)
D. "Normal" humans can't even control the power...or live with it freely...what does that say about Lucas?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
_clinton, gimme some of the game script for the Dragon's power. I want to see that for myself.

Porky's Army is utterly FAIL. You're making fun of the Space Pirates while Porky's army is mostly crap? They have more humor in there than in Metroid. Y'know that big Pig Mask guy you fight, who likes the ACDC (forgot what they were called?)? You use that ACDC pamphlet on him, and he doesn't do ANYTHING AT ALL. The Pig Mask's are also quite stupid as well, for humorous effects.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
How are they assumptions?
Assumption that Samus isn't invincible, even though it says so. I know, you'll bring up enemies who harm Samus, though the only one you ever mentioned was Crocomire. I hope you're not using a glitch.

The game stats in the text quite clearly several times that Lucas' power is a power that is linked to him/is a part of his soul, and allows you to do whatever you want with it with no limits...how is that different from the Star Rod or the Full Triforce?
I don't know. What did Lucas wish for? Never mind that. I really don't care.

A. Give immortality (or at least a VERY long life time of 10,000 years or so) just in general to those around it who were guarding it
Did this ever occur in-game? Also, even the immortal die. Dracula and Ganondorf are perfect examples.

B. Protect from Doomsday...remember...the only reason the island was "protected" from calamity was because of a large power being hidden in the land of the island
I never played this "fan-edited" game, because, well, I don't care about Mother. So I don't "remember" anything.

C. Just unleashing it destroyed the island as an indirect result...because the power wasn't protecting the island anymore...we got to see what the "outside world" actually looked like at the time (just a bloody meteor shower...you know nothing "that big" of course)
Meh. Samus destroys planets. And yes, SR388 was destroyed. Yoshio Sakamoto, co-creator of Metroid, said so.

D. "Normal" humans can't even control the power...or live with it freely...what does that say about Lucas?
It just says that Lucas is not normal. A person who possesses psychic abilities is not normal. That's all it means.

Blah, blah, blah. Old, trite argument. I'm bored.

_clinton

Smash Master
_clinton, gimme some of the game script for the Dragon's power. I want to see that for myself.
I've been posting it like 50 times now...do I really have to post it again?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/914622/42740

Here is the guide I've been using...feel free to look up any quotes by Alex (Lucas' grandfather introduces you to the concept of PSI), Ionia, Aolia, Aolia, Mixolydia, Flugia, Doria, Wes, Fassad (Yokuba in this guide), Leder (Lida in that guide), Porky (Pokey in that guide...although it does change...sort of like Claus/Klaus)

All of those characters have some back story about PSI/the dragon in Mother 3 of course...
On that remark...the Magypsy sure are nice at the start of the game ^_^

Also...look up..."CHECK THE MAILBOX" in that guide...it's just awesome (and if anything gives some good info about Lucas)

BTW...the dragon was a part of that "story" that the people are living...in case you don't get it...

Porky's Army is utterly FAIL. You're making fun of the Space Pirates while Porky's army is mostly crap?
You see...there are key differences here...Porky's army is seen as mostly crap on purpose...you know for a reason...what do you think the "pig outfit" point is anyway?

The space pirates are coming off as "serious" but end up being some of the worse examples I've ever seen as a serious...

Porky makes things that are ****ed up just for his own fun...because he is ****ed up (the whole fact that a good % of the people he has kidnapped throughout time look like is mother shows this as well)

The space pirates make things that are ****ed up in order to try and "take over the galaxy"...and they do this on their own people I might add...how stupid is that?

They also (I’m in a "less serious tone" if you would keep this in mind), cover their bases in maps, energy recharge stations, missile recharge stations, and so on...that...in order to use in the 1st place you need a gun arm attachment of some kind...I've never really seen any space pirates with a gun arm attachment...but that is just me...oh and they cover their entire base in tubes that are meant for traversing only if you are the size of a ball...wtf is up with that? ^_^

Assumption that Samus isn't invincible, even though it says so. I know, you'll bring up enemies who harm Samus, though the only one you ever mentioned was Crocomire. I hope you're not using a glitch.
I like how you think that a boss where you can truly follow up on with the speed booster ends up hurting you...and you think it isn't a big deal...god it's not like 90% of the other foes Samus fights aren't just ****ing weak compared to just crocomire...still on another note...this thing can also harm Samus' if she tries to harm it with the shine spark...

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Tatori

Oh...and I like to know what your issue with using the glitch is to make testing easier...the bloody thing is just Samus under the protection of the so called "invincible" speed booster

Did this ever occur in-game? Also, even the immortal die. Dracula and Ganondorf are perfect examples.
I'm aware that the immortal can die...Lucas and his team kills one of them in his game...still...my point is that the power gave people a very long life time...I don't really care if they can die…I’m trying to tell you what the power can do w/o even trying to do something (because…like I said already…protecting from D-day, and it causing immortality is just with it “sleeping”)

I never played this "fan-edited" game, because, well, I don't care about Mother. So I don't "remember" anything.
I could tell that when you brought up how Samus would win vs. Lucas actually...
BTW...I like how you point out that it is “fan-edited” like it is a big deal...if anything "fan-edited" games that are based off the original works do a better job than what "official" translated one could do sometimes...mostly because of things like censorship that clearly affect the outcome of the “official” translation, I mean various types of references (like god and death...man there is a lot of those in the mother series…and Nintendo of America was very big at keeping them out during the SNES days), and so on...which have clearly affected the Mother series (Mother 2 for example is on that list big time…besides just the god and death stuff)

For example…look at these if you can…
Original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH9X7blYFyg

That was censored for pretty clear reasons (no matter how dumb they are) and this is what we got:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKkEXASZgeQ&feature=related

That is just one small example…but I could go on (there are hints at child abuse in Mother 2 as well). Hell...Mario is censored to hell and back as well (even something like Super Paper Mario for example is on this list...Peach is all I'm going to say about that…but it’s not like Peach’s name doesn’t mean anything anyway ^_^)

Meh. Samus destroys planets. And yes, SR388 was destroyed. Yoshio Sakamoto, co-creator of Metroid, said so.
Samus "destroying" planets isn't part of her own power in case you don't get that...Samus is always using an outside source for doing it that isn't really hers (either by just killing the AU that is linked to the planet, or by sending a **** load of bombs on board a space station down to it are two examples)

Please show me proof that Samus can charge up/use something OF HERs and go WTF “planet bomb” in her canon...

It just says that Lucas is not normal. A person who possesses psychic abilities is not normal. That's all it means.
Kumatora can't use the power, the people who have been guarding it for 10,000+ years can't use it...and all of those guys are psychic (and powerful as well...I like to remind you that one of them has the power to **** with time)
So...what do you have to say about that?

warpd

Smash Apprentice
I would like to know how the dragon destroyed (restored) the world, but didn't kill island inhabitants he was sleeping under when he woke up.
Those immortals were not human anyway (more like fairies). Only Pokey was immortal and that was for a different reason.
Lucas was gifted with the ability to wake the dragon up, but the dragon does not give him his power. Lucas already had PSI Love before he started to pull needles.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
_clinton said:
The space pirates make things that are ****ed up in order to try and "take over the galaxy"...and they do this on their own people I might add...how stupid is that?

They also (I’m in a "less serious tone" if you would keep this in mind), cover their bases in maps, energy recharge stations, missile recharge stations, and so on...that...in order to use in the 1st place you need a gun arm attachment of some kind...I've never really seen any space pirates with a gun arm attachment...but that is just me...oh and they cover their entire base in tubes that are meant for traversing only if you are the size of a ball...wtf is up with that? ^_^
Fail...
1. Story
2. Who would want to traverse an entire Space Pirate base without saving? No saving the whole game...>_>
3. Some of the holes and tunnels were made by the animals (Metroid Prime).

_clinton

Smash Master
I would like to know how the dragon destroyed (restored) the world, but didn't kill island inhabitants he was sleeping under when he woke up.
The dragon didn't destroy the world...the power was removed from the island and that power was the only thing protecting the world from D-Day

Those immortals were not human anyway (more like fairies). Only Pokey was immortal and that was for a different reason.
I hardly consider Porky immortal from looking at what really happened...

And...the fairies where immortal...it's just that their immortality was connected to the seal on the power...

Lucas was gifted with the ability to wake the dragon up, but the dragon does not give him his power. Lucas already had PSI Love before he started to pull needles.
Dude...PK Love got more powerful as the dragon got closer to "waking up"...Leder even points this out in chapter 8...

The "fairies" even point out the nice little fact that the power held back in the seal "enters your soul" when the seal is broken...they even bring up the fact that the user of PK Love is even in the dragon...

Hell...the fact that both of these users get stronger at once is proof of this (again...Claus only learned PK Love Omega when Lucas did)

The fact that the story on the island is just part of a fairy tale according to Leder and the dragon is a part of that fairy tale is another issue I'd like to bring up...in proving that again..."the Dragon" = "The power of the earth" from mother 2...but whatever...it's not like "dragons" just haven't been a large part of "fake" creatures in the mother series already...oh wait they have (Mother 1, and Mother 2 both have hints of fake Dragons in both of their Magicants)

Lets look at the common facts...

A. The users have a "special PSI" that only they can learn...the special PSI even have the same stats...both are the strongest PSI, both cost the most to use in PP (as in concentration), both have users that are linked to some great power, both have only the main foe learning it as well
B. The power is guarded...in one case by Giygas trying to prevent Ness from getting it...in another case by a race of beings trying to make sure that the time is right for when it must be used
C. Both are referenced as being the power of the land...Mother 2's is clear as day...Mother 3's is by Leder in his "island back story" speach
D. Both are seen as mobile of course...Ness absorbing it...Lucas absorbing it into his soul...plus how the bloody thing got there in the 1st place shows that it was mobile at one point...
E. Both are referenced as some higher power...Ness being in touch with the universe and it's fate should say something if you ask me...Lucas' is just flat out called a god power finally by Porky after all of the games hints...

With so many things in common...how can you people say that they aren't the same?

What do they have different besides "name" (and with one of them even hinting at the fact that it is just the power of the land...so the whole name thing seems off)

Fail...
1. Story
2. Who would want to traverse an entire Space Pirate base without saving? No saving the whole game...>_>
3. Some of the holes and tunnels were made by the animals (Metroid Prime).
I like how you didn't get the fact that I was joking around with 2 and 3...even though I said I was...WTF is up with that?

And 1 is hardly a bad point...just look at what they ****ing do in the games with the tech. at their disposal...they really do ****ing stupid stuff with it...

BTW...Zorak is a great foe for Space Ghost huh?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I like how you think that a boss where you can truly follow up on with the speed booster ends up hurting you...and you think it isn't a big deal...
Yeah, it's not a big deal.

god it's not like 90% of the other foes Samus fights aren't just ****ing weak compared to just crocomire...still on another note...this thing can also harm Samus' if she tries to harm it with the shine spark...
So? It's a game mechanic. Samus slams into Draygon and kills it. And from what I have read from someone here, Samus runs through SA-X without affecting it.

Oh...and I like to know what your issue with using the glitch is to make testing easier...the bloody thing is just Samus under the protection of the so called "invincible" speed booster
Glitches are not a part of the game. See the first page.

Samus "destroying" planets isn't part of her own power in case you don't get that...
I don't care. She still destroyed planets. It doesn't matter how it's done. It's just done.

Samus is always using an outside source for doing it that isn't really hers (either by just killing the AU that is linked to the planet, or by sending a **** load of bombs on board a space station down to it are two examples)
So? She's still the one causing it.

Please show me proof that Samus can charge up/use something OF HERs and go WTF “planet bomb” in her canon...
Omega Cannon?

"The Omega Cannon is believed to be the Alimbic's 'Ultimate Power.' It fires a powerful but slow-moving ball of radioactive energy that has a timed detonation, traveling a significant distance before exploding, unless it comes into contact with an object, in which case it will detonate immediately. When Samus Aran fought Gorea at the Oubliette, she used this weapon to destroy the beast's final form, which was impervious to all other weaponry. The Alimbic Elders, although possessing it, refused to use it because of its horrible destructive power. Heavy gamma radiation emanates from the Omega Cannon, this suggest nuclear firepower" (Wikitroid - Omega Cannon).

"This proscribed weapon of mass destruction was called an abomination by the Alimbic Elders because of the harm it could inflict on anyone desperate enough to use it." (Metroid Prime: Hunters Log Book)

Kumatora can't use the power, the people who have been guarding it for 10,000+ years can't use it...and all of those guys are psychic (and powerful as well...I like to remind you that one of them has the power to **** with time)
So...what do you have to say about that?
A simple trope that makes the protagonist appear very powerful. It's real simple. Meta Knight is the greatest fighter in the galaxy, for example. That's all I have to, nay, need to say.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So would the Imperialist laser just OHKO Lucas via headshot? Since it's probably faster than Lucas can react (how do we really think about his reaction speed?).

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
1) The only way to harm Crocomire is to shoot him in the mouth.

2) When you touch bosses, you get touch damage due to game mechanics doing so (there might be no explanation as to why, when no enemy does anything at all and you touch them, and they don't have acid skin or nothing, you get hurt anyway).

3) Crocomire acts as an obstacle that tries to push you to the spike wall on the back of the room so that you die there.

4) If you attack Crocomire with a powerful weapon capable of htting multiple targets without aiming and shooting (power bomb), then he becomes enraged and starts running faster.

Put these together, and you get an invincible boss that only dies when pushed onto the back of the room, and also acts like a booby-trapped wall that pushes you to the spikes on the other wall, which you cannot destroy by regular means and instead are supposed to locate and shoot its weak point.

Speed Boost into Crocomire, and the same effect as a powerbomb occurs. No surprise to me.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You see...there are key differences here...Porky's army is seen as mostly crap on purpose...you know for a reason...what do you think the "pig outfit" point is anyway?

The space pirates are coming off as "serious" but end up being some of the worse examples I've ever seen as a serious...

Porky makes things that are ****ed up just for his own fun...because he is ****ed up (the whole fact that a good % of the people he has kidnapped throughout time look like is mother shows this as well)

lol at that reasoning. Porky's army is better because they aren't serious/are crappily made, while the pirate have to fight something other than a easily frightened young boy(no offense to Lucas, <3 him).

I like how you think that a boss where you can truly follow up on with the speed booster ends up hurting you...and you think it isn't a big deal...god it's not like 90% of the other foes Samus fights aren't just ****ing weak compared to just crocomire...still on another note...this thing can also harm Samus' if she tries to harm it with the shine spark...

I facepalmed irl. If it isn't obvious that it's a game mechanic that you aren't able to hurt it, considering you need to use it to get 2 power ups and Sammy killing harmless little babies and their momma in cold blood not really looking good for the kids, then you don't know enough about Metroid/are too biased to argue. For this reason I don't argue every point you make.
BTW...I like how you point out that it is “fan-edited” like it is a big deal...if anything "fan-edited" games that are based off the original works do a better job than what "official" translated one could do sometimes...mostly because of things like censorship that clearly affect the outcome of the “official” translation
lol

Samus "destroying" planets isn't part of her own power in case you don't get that...Samus is always using an outside source for doing it that isn't really hers (either by just killing the AU that is linked to the planet, or by sending a **** load of bombs on board a space station down to it are two examples)

She usually destroys the core of something, or blows up something big enough to smash into something bigger. Her games don't properly portray her, or her abilities. Half the times she's either in caves/underwater, secluded/closed off areas, or in a sentient-creature created area. Really, she could destroy areas with most of her abilities if she was actually trying to(most of the time she isn't trying to directly destroy them, rather to repel whatever malevolent force is wreaking havoc there). She can run at supersonic speed, has portable nuclear, radioactive, dimension-distorting(and so on) weapons, can traverse pretty much any terrain, has a ship that covers light-speed in seconds that can recharge her anywhere, and can take down pretty much anything that gets in her way one way or another. As epic as all of that would be, Ninten isn't really the kind that'll have a superpowered bounty hunter go around blowing planets up for ****s-n-giggles. What fun would it be if instead of fighting your way through an adventure, you just blow up whatever planet ____ is on, collect money, then move on to the next hit. To top that off, Samus isn't cold-blooded. She'll try to find another way until there are no other options. Put her in a unknown environment with the sole purpose of destroying anything that opposes her and the gloves would come off.

/****

As much as I'd love to keep arguing and typing, I know that you'll still come back with some "she's not shown to...," "it's not explained why...," "____ can..." and whatever other thing you can pull from your ***. Keep on doing what you're good at, I s'pose. I'd rather not waste my time rebutting every time when I see nobody else can get through to you. Gl

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Y'know, generalizing the Space Pirates as either woefully incompetent or supremely intelligent does them a disservice either way. Space Pirates are, if anything, a commentary on the Human approach to technology: constant advancement without regard to personal safety or long-term effects. Their short-sighted gaze into the distant future mimics the zeal with which humans embrace technologies they do not yet understand. Do not be fooled, though. The Space Pirates are not pushovers, technologically.

Space Pirates are an interesting and deeply varied species.Simplifying them is folly, IMO.

Samochan

Smash Master
Lol at fan edited games >> originals.

Why don't we just skip this whole **** then and start doing fanfiction instead? Apparently fan made fiction > original canon. =)

Space pirates have both intelligent peeps (reverse enginering samus beams, hax), but also some incredibly dumb grunts that use metroids as pets or target practice and then get their energy drained away in the process. xD

justaway12

Smash Master
If the point you’re trying to make with that picture is that the parasol Peach is using is a different one…than I think you need to look at the ending of SMS…because Peach still glides with it in that game…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3amuWV3BXts
You know what!? STFU D:<

How is the parasol she uses in SMS different than the one used in SPM? Or the ones in YIDS? The one in SPM is never said to be a special parasol…the only “special” parasol Peach has got is “Perry” where is the proof that Peach’s parasol in SPM is “special” the only things it says it does is glide and defend…which isn’t anything special in the Mario series because all parasols seem to allow “gliding powers” for whatever reason and “defending” is something that is normal…
That fact that it does defend makes it different to all other parasols

Which is my point about Perry being a lot more than a parasol…where is the proof that the other parasols are special when they all seem to do the same things?
Obviously Perry is the best parasol but you can't say he has everything the others have but better just because he excels at other things.

Those seem to be more of telepathic powers…which are in PK’s umbrella term…but…are also seen as separate…just like everything else…so where is Kamak’s proof that he has something like TK?
IDK, I got it from Super Mario Wiki, I hoped someone else would answer this question =x
http://www.mariowiki.com/Kamek

So…do you think the logic behind Peach’s defense is just the same as Link’s shield?
Yes, it's a shield obviously, it shields her afterall, though the thing she was shield from were much more intense.

@Bowser MU: I think it's kinda established that nihil is a status effect, if it is, Bowser has an accessory in SMRPG that prevents status effects.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
_clinton stop ruining this thread please. <_<

Ness and Lucas cannot have TK powers, nor PK Fire and the like.

Peach however can have her protective umbrella.

Guess why?
Oh and don't look at the thread's title, cause you know... That'd spoil the answer to you.

Ness and Lucas still will be really high on the tier list anyways. So you shouldn't really try to make them better in the first place.

Match up related: Bowser might be able to hurt Ike. But with the Star Rod only, or other god/ blessed related powers he might have. Though, Ike's blessing is way overrated here. Dragon Laguz soldiers could hurt Ike, but then again... Nasir and Ena could hurt Ashnard in FE:poR as well...

Which makes me wonder really. Bowser is the King of Koopas, much like... Tibarn for example is King of the Hawk Laguz. Therefore, wouldn't Bowser be able to hurt Ike normally? I do not know why he shouldn't. But the Star Rod deffinatly would make Bowser hurt Ike, though those attacks aren't Bowser's strongest I think.

That doesn't mean I want Bowser to win. Ike could easily Disarm Bowser from his Star Rod, then then attack him. His ranged sword wave attack from Ragnell should be able to damage Bowser slightly before he uses the Star Rod, Ike then moves in range. Aether might activate which would do great damage to Bowser, cause you know.. it neglects defences.

I say this should be a draw, much like Mewtwo vs Bowser was a draw (which should by the new thread's rules make Mewtwo win but whatever). Both characters cancel each other out. Still, I think Ike has the upper hand.

Really, some match ups aren't really that bad if you'd fought them in Brawl... <_<

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hey, Clinton, buddy. We're both fans of MOTHER, but I think those matches have happened and are over. How about we save your uh, knowledge for the next time we have to actually face someone? That'd be fantastic.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Unless Lucas has a Franklin Badge. :p
That thing only reflects PSI Thunder and other thunder-based moves. Samus could still shoot whatever she wanted... She could even grapple it away from Lucas if she got the chance. :bee:

But why bother? Hypermode would still keep her victory secure.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
You know, _clinton, no matter how much you argue, people in this thread aren't going to agree with you, if for no other reason than that you're saying that Ness and Lucas are unbeatable gods.

If you think you can so heavily change this thread, and all by yourself, you are wasting your time.

§leepy God

Smash Master
That thing only reflects PSI Thunder and other thunder-based moves. Samus could still shoot whatever she wanted... She could even grapple it away from Lucas if she got the chance. :bee:

But why bother? Hypermode would still keep her victory secure.
Grr, I didn't think you catch that. I still need to play Mother 3, I think Franklin Badge works differently on that game.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Grr, I didn't think you catch that. I still need to play Mother 3, I think Franklin Badge works differently on that game.
It works differently in all 3 MOTHER games.

In MOTHER 3 IIRC it doesn't even start off as a Franklin Badge.

In chapter 7 Mr. Saturn polishes it and it becomes a Franklin Badge and is used to protect you from the Masked Man's final attack

In MOTHER 2 it protects you from PSI Thunder and some other enemy attacks.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
I argue with him because that Kirby vs Lucas matchup was screwed into Lucas' favor for no real reason.
Especially when Kirby has better defense, offensive, and mobility. On top of having attacks that Lucas has no real defense against.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Just Lucas? I'll add Mario and Fox around there to. But no one would care since post that explain what Kirby can do to win is ignored. ._.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
What, Embargo?

Embargo is range limited. Bowser -> out of range via Klown Car

@MU: It's a draw at worst for Boozer. I really do think Bowser wins this via wish spamming. If only invincibility is allowed, than Bowser draws.

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Bowser moves out of Ike's range with Clown Car.

Bowser wishes for a super-fast-and-powerful weapon/projectile that can hurt Ike.

Bowser wishes for ability to use the weapon/projectile super **** well and be a better fighter than Ike.

Bowser wishes for Ike to be buried in the ground? Bowser wishes Ike's weapon to disappear? Bowser wishes for Ike to freeze solid?

Bowser wins.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You know, I actually think that the FIre Emblem blessings are just defense boosts, and not invincibility, when opponents have blessings. For example, Ashnard had a blessed armor, yet if you powered someone up enough, they could hurt him. Magicians and laguz could hurt him too... Plus, the Black Knight clearly said that the armors were blessed, so maybe hitting them where the armor's lacking in defenses would bypass the blessings.

I know the Ike we're talking about has a different blessing (Ashera), but the same thing should still apply... And if the blessings are divine blessings, then everything else in this thread that is blessed by a divine entity should be able to penetrate any armor with blessing...

What blessings did the opponents in the end of the Wii Fire Emblem have, and whose blessings did Ike have? I'm asking so that I might know if my argument is valid or not.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
RD, the Black Knights armor was no longer blessed after the battle with Ike in PoR. Before, nothing can even hurt the Black Knight, (except other attacks that were blessed). I don't know where Ike get's blessed for invinciblity and I play all of his Fire Emblem games. I'm pretty sure he can still be attacked by characters without blessings, the enemy units like the Dragon King can not get hit by attacks unless blessed by Yune.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bowser moves out of Ike's range with Clown Car.

Bowser wishes for a super-fast-and-powerful weapon/projectile that can hurt Ike.

Bowser wishes for ability to use the weapon/projectile super **** well and be a better fighter than Ike.

Bowser wishes for Ike to be buried in the ground? Bowser wishes Ike's weapon to disappear? Bowser wishes for Ike to freeze solid?

Bowser wins.
In game abilities only. Your pulling of a _clinton here. <_<

What has Bowser done with the Star Rod in battle? He'll be limited to that, and that alone.

Clown Car is not a problem btw. Ike can jump pretty high as seen in cutscenes. Aether is a jumping attack as well. And wasn't fleeing sort of disallowed? Since you know, if there isn't an actual fight there's no actual winner?

About Ike's invincibility, I think he should get Ashnard / Black Knight status from Path of Radiance. Yune blessed his armor and Ragnell (again), while Ashnard and the Black Knight got it from Ashera. So anything that would hurt the Black Knight or Ashnard in Path of Radiance, would hurt Ike by end game in Radiant Dawn as well.

That's adding a lot more things up to the things Ike can be hurt by, seeing as Ashnard could be hurt by the Laguz Kings (prior blessing), Rexbolt (or at least, the highest level Thunder magic), Ragnell, and even Gifca.

EDIT: So what I'm thinking, is that high leveled attacks should be able to hurt Ike as well. Though, it'll get very hard what attack should get this status. So far I'm thinking Lucas with PK Love should be able to hurt Ike, and Pokemon Trainer with his Legendaries (Arceus, Groudon, Kyogre for example). Ness also maybe, cause of this "power of the earth" thing.

Seeing as Bowser is King of Koopas, he might get "Laguz King" status. Same could be said about Donkey Kong, as Donkey Kong is a title of the island champion, not a name. Kirby might hurt Ike with the Star Rod, and the Links will deffinatly damage Ike. Mewtwo to maybe, cause he's got Mew DNA. There's likely more...

Top Bottom