• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Now that you mention it how can Falcon be rated? Does he actually appear in one of his games outside of his F-Zero? =P
Or Kirby able to use Tornado Throw and throw everyone to a black hole... or the sun. =P

Yea, my guess, we mind as well include mangas but not the anime since anime's can perform ridicules stunts, (mostly Pokemon).

BSP

Smash Legend
This is irritating me.

Stop saying the Screw Attack is a form of invincibility when it isn't invincible at all :/
Screw Attack is not invincible.
Speed Booster is.
Therefore, Samus Suit only has one form of invincibility, the Speed Booster.
i forgot, is the speed booster infinite?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
This is irritating me.

Stop saying the Screw Attack is a form of invincibility when it isn't invincible at all :/
Screw Attack is not invincible.
Speed Booster is.
Therefore, Samus Suit only has one form of invincibility, the Speed Booster.
The Screw Attack allows Samus to avoid taking damage from certain things. It seems that the force to knock Samus out of the Screw Attack needs to be equal or greater than the Screw Attack. Anyway, since the Speed Booster causes damage, add the Screw Attack with that, and it's a done deal.

rtype

Smash Rookie
Keep in mind that this is if characters were true to their GAMES, and not stuff like anime. Then we'd have shizz like CF's Falcon Punch illuminating parts of the Milky Way :p
i definately agree with this, the title of the thread speaks for itself. otherwise we'd have captain falcon pretty much at the top as well as mewtwo.

and this may be off-topic, but I LOVE your avatar. even though she's not in brawl i've always wondered what Vela vs. Samus would be like...

cutter

Smash Champion
and this may be off-topic, but I LOVE your avatar. even though she's not in brawl i've always wondered what Vela vs. Samus would be like...
Vela would just get absolutely OBLITERATED by Samus. It wouldn’t even be an actual fight. All Samus has to do is connect with one stacked Ice/Wave/Plasma Beam and Vela is done.

Her super-short skirt isn’t exactly the best thing at protecting from an attack that penetrates inorganic matter, pierces her body as well as subsequently freezing her :p

Vela’s only hope of even damaging Samus would be with her Tri-Rocket Launcher, Homing Missiles, grenades, and cluster bombs. The first two Samus can just Screw Attack through (considering she’s able to Screw Attack through Meta-Ridley’s missiles and artillery in Zero Mission, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was also the case) or blow them up in midflight with her beam, while the grenades and cluster bombs are far too easily avoided. Hell, Samus could just tank the hits if she wanted to even. 14-20 E-tanks and 4 reserve tanks combined with the defense increases from the Varia and Gravity Suits makes Samus a walking fortress.

Or Samus could just Speed Booster or Screw Attack right into Vela. Either one spells the end of her.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jet Force Gemini (easily one of the most underrated games out there) and I think Vela is probably one of the most awesome heroines aside from Samus, but let's face it, she's human and she has never faced someone like Samus before.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
LOL @ Peach being below Pikachu.

Also, note that Mario can use the Star Spirits to cancel out Bowser's Star Rod, so he should be higher. Actually, Kirby should be a little lower. He's strong, but not above Mario or Link. And Yoshi should be WAY higher. I mean, he can run faster than Mario, jump almost as high (and for a longer distance due to the Flutter Jump), throw eggs which do a ton of damage, and use a ground pound. And yet he's below a balloon and a 2 foot tall penguin that can't kill a marshmallow.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Actually, Kirby should be a little lower. He's strong, but not above Mario or Link. And Yoshi should be WAY higher. I mean, he can run faster than Mario, jump almost as high (and for a longer distance due to the Flutter Jump), throw eggs which do a ton of damage, and use a ground pound. And yet he's below a balloon and a 2 foot tall penguin that can't kill a marshmallow.
Good ****, you just said the magic words to summon me, now here's my post. Kirby the Star Warrior, a chosen one that has the power to copy limitless of abilities that saves planets that's not just his own... no my bad, galaxies. As I said countless of times, being small don't mean your powerless, unless your talking about 8 cm. And let's add, King Dedede size is confusting since it kind of changes in various of games. =/

Name a number of powers or advantage that Mario has over Kirby, I play every Mario game known to man, and every Kirby game known to men and I know Mario can't beat Kirby in a battle. LoZ I don't know much about.

justaway12

Smash Master
Name a number of powers or advantage that Mario has over Kirby, I play every Mario game known to man, and every Kirby game known to men and I know Mario can't beat Kirby in a battle. LoZ I don't know much about.
How about stopping time and stomping on him?I know I shouldn't count Kirby out because he's small, but being suspended in frozen animation
I <3 big word
would pretty much F him up, or just use his super/ultra/whatever jump in SMRPG.

Yeah, I never cared for LoZ either, IDK a lot about it, except in one game you can have very pretty masks.

EDIT: Oooh, I see you're JLT4GOV, didn't recognise you before :)
Great name change!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
How about stopping time and stomping on him?I know I shouldn't count Kirby out because he's small, but being suspended in frozen animation
I <3 big word
would pretty much F him up.

Yeah, I never cared for LoZ either, IDK a lot about it, except in one game you can have very pretty masks
Only problem with the Stop Watch and Clock Out is that it's harder to stop time on stronger opponents, but it's still possible, however if it's a non RPG fight, Mario would need time to use those items. Also remember what I said about Kirby's stomach able to hold up to five items, (Kirby Squeak Squad), he can also put a Hyper Candy in is stomach and use it to make himself invincible and unaffected by attacks. And stepping on Kirby won't do much damage as you know, if crushing him doesn't do much damage to him, then stomping on him wouldn't do.

Kirby is 8 inches tall. Kirby is the strongest warrior in his galaxy.
Maybe I over spoke, though I didn't say he was the strongest warrior who ever lived, lol. And as I said before, 8-in is not like it's 8-cm, he's big enough to battle with his taller foes.

Edtied: Aw screw it, Mario should be God tier, he's the God of all video games and who ever doesn't acknowledge that shall be destroyed. =P

justaway12

Smash Master
Only problem with the Stop Watch and Clock Out is that it's harder to stop time on stronger opponents, but it's still possible, however if it's a non RPG fight, Mario would need time to use those items. Also remember what I said about Kirby's stomach able to hold up to five items, (Kirby Squeak Squad), he can also put a Hyper Candy in is stomach and use it to make himself invincible and unaffected by attacks. And stepping on Kirby won't do much damage as you know, if crushing him doesn't do much damage to him, then stomping on him wouldn't do.
Mario used his in a non-RPG game I meant in Super Paper Mario, and it came out like instantly.

Mario could bring his starman as well.

As for crushing, he could use his super jump, it doesn't end if you do it right.

Edtied: Aw screw it, Mario should be God tier, he's the God of all video games and who ever doesn't acknowledge that shall be destroyed. =P
QFT

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Mario used his in a non-RPG game I meant in Super Paper Mario, and it came out like instantly.

Mario could bring his starman as well.

As for crushing, he could use his super jump, it doesn't end if you do it right.
It still requires time like an RPG step, unless the animation would be like Mr. L using a Mushroom in the middle of battle, then I'll understand. As for the Starman compare to the Hyper Candy, the Hyper Candy is a little stronger than the Starman because it last longer than the Starman since it last over 30 seconds, I'm not 100% sure about the time however but I know it last longer. As for his Power Bounce, who's to say Kirby wouldn't get out of the way, unless he's frozen? =P

Thanks. I think everyone should know about this. =3

justaway12

Smash Master
It still requires time like an RPG step, unless the animation would be like Mr. L using a Mushroom in the middle of battle, then I'll understand. As for the Starman compare to the Hyper Candy, the Hyper Candy is a little stronger than the Starman because it last longer than the Starman since it last over 30 seconds, I'm not 100% sure about the time however but I know it last longer. As for his Power Bounce, who's to say Kirby wouldn't get out of the way, unless he's frozen? =P

The stop watch comes out almost instantly, you need to do an action with your wii remote, but everyone is frozen at that time at that time, I'm pretty sure he'd freeze :)

That's part of what makes every Mario character broken lol

missingnomaster

Smash Lord

The stop watch comes out almost instantly, you need to do an action with your wii remote, but everyone is frozen at that time at that time, I'm pretty sure he'd freeze :)

That's part of what makes every Mario character broken lol
They are frozen while you do the action to freeze enemies with the Stop Watch?

Unexplained, illogical time freezes such as that, Din's Fire, and Crash Kirby are considered Game Mechanics and banned.

That reduces it's ease of use a bit.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
True, I have a question though since I haven't played Paper Mario games.

Does the Wiimote action thing increase the odds of success for the Stop Watch depending on how well you do it, or increase its duration, or something like that?

justaway12

Smash Master
True, I have a question though since I haven't played Paper Mario games.

Does the Wiimote action thing increase the odds of success for the Stop Watch depending on how well you do it, or increase its duration, or something like that?
I'm pretty sure it's just the duration, although I'm not sure since the actions are very hard to mess up...repetedly, anyway

Unless it's one of those where you move your wii remote up and down, then I don't really know, it's a bit too easy.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Ok. There's a problem then. That means that those actions are actually tied to the items/abilities. If you simply excluded them, the items/abilities could only be used at their lowest power/effect.

However, it is safe to say that the characters would perform them perfectly, if they are to be included.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ That Samus debate was like beating a dead horse three times in a row. ); ♥

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
I didn't know the Samus thing had been going on that long. Whatever then.
I really don't like that list in the OP, and so declare war on it.
My first act will be to beat Mewtwo down, since he's probably the most overated character ever.
SO

Mewtwo vs Kirby?

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know the Samus thing had been going on that long. Whatever then.
I really don't like that list in the OP, and so declare war on it.
My first act will be to beat Mewtwo down, since he's probably the most overated character ever.
SO

Mewtwo vs Kirby?
We dont have a measurement for any Pokemon's power.
We can't really compare any of them. All we have is some ATK points, effects and the DEX (That we can't use).
But it only takes 1 disable to make kirby useless.
But then again, Mewtwo's attacks could be as soft as a pillow thrown by a little girl since theres nothing to prove that it isn't soft (or distructive).

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
We dont have a measurement for any Pokemon's power.
We can't really compare any of them. All we have is some ATK points, effects and the DEX (That we can't use).
But it only takes 1 disable to make kirby useless.
But then again, Mewtwo's attacks could be as soft as a pillow thrown by a little girl since theres nothing to prove that it isn't soft (or distructive).
Yes, if you refuse to use any logic whatsoever and pretend that everything is in the most extreme case possible, then that could happen.

Now kindly get out since you are the only one who thinks that way in this thread.

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
Yes, if you refuse to use any logic whatsoever and pretend that everything is in the most extreme case possible, then that could happen.
I used plenty of logic (comparing distructive scales of damage to other games).
Why don't you come up with something and provide canon information along with it?

The best i can come up with was earthquake.
Little Wooper can learn it though. His stats dont even get too high at max (not that it matters, you can learn TMs at any level).
Assuming its a damaging quake or to make a quake period, alot of force would be needed.
EDIT: And don't be rude. ¦3c
EDIT: Wooper is 18lbs

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Here's some information about Pit.

Pit acquires five bars of health total throughout Kid Icarus. Each bar does not take one hit to get rid of. It simply goes down, kind of like if you had a straw in your cup of soda and you were to suck in the soda. The soda is the cup would lower. It works something like that. Anyway, you can collect a Bottle in Kid Icarus. This restores one bar. However, if you acquire the Barrel, Pit can hold eight Bottles. Moving onto the items that you use at the last level to fight Medusa, Pit has a Mirror Shield. It's actually bigger than the one in Brawl. It protects Pit from attacks. I suppose you can see it in some way like Link's Mirror Shield. (Or should I say Link's Mirror Shield resembles Pit's?) Pit also has Light Arrows, which pierce through enemies. It looks like a laser, kind of. Pit can also fly with the Wings of Pegasus. Also, with the Silver Armor, damage is cut in half. So, um, where is Pit at on the tier list, and why is he there?

REL38

Smash Lord
I used plenty of logic (comparing distructive scales of damage to other games).
Why don't you come up with something and provide canon information along with it?

The best i can come up with was earthquake.
Little Wooper can learn it though. His stats dont even get too high at max (not that it matters, you can learn TMs at any level).
Assuming its a damaging quake or to make a quake period, alot of force would be needed.
EDIT: And don't be rude. ¦3c
EDIT: Wooper is 18lbs
Trufax

Pokedex is too WTF with stuff like "Dragonite flys around the world in 16 hours" with the speed stat of 90. That's rediculously fast if you're using Earth as the distance he's gotta go.

Apply that to Mewtwo when his Speed Stat is 180.

So what do we relate the Stats' powers to when the Pokedex doesn't make sense :/

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
Lets take Pigeot. He can fly at mach 2. But hes not even that fast in battle. It still makes sense because for any bird to reach their full speed, they'll need minimal friction and alot of distance to accelerate.
Thus in battle Pigeot fails to achieve that speed.
The fastest non legend is Ninjask. It is said that hes unvisible to the eye when traveling. In battle he wouldn't be as fast as unvisible for the same reasons as Pigeot, but in scale of Mach 2 & unvisible -Ninjask would still be alot faster in battle. And flies are annoying & quick anyway. Ninjask is just the satan of irk in that sense.
Now Dragonite.. We can say just about the same. But due to his huge build, we can say he has the stamina for such a flight.
And i prefer to not use base stats. Max stats seems less broken when comparing 'feats' from the dex.
But we were already not using the dex 0_o
Though it was nice to explain anyway.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Trufax

Pokedex is too WTF with stuff like "Dragonite flys around the world in 16 hours" with the speed stat of 90. That's rediculously fast if you're using Earth as the distance he's gotta go.

Apply that to Mewtwo when his Speed Stat is 180.

So what do we relate the Stats' powers to when the Pokedex doesn't make sense :/
WELL

Dragonite's base speed is 80
Mewtwo's base speed is 130

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I really don't feel like arguing against the Pokedex right now. If anyone else wants to go ahead, but I think I'm just gonna give it to him.

A few things though:
None of its entries can be taken as figures of speech. Otherwise it's fallible.
Charizard is banned for melt anything fire.
Gyarados' Hyper Beam is also banned. "The HYPER BEAM it shoots from its mouth totally incinerates all targets."

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
it only takes 1 disable to make kirby useless.
It only takes one successful disable to make one of Kirby's techniques useless.

Speed as a stat seems more proportionate to agility rather than velocity.
If it was velocity then Ninjask would be moving at Mach 9, compared to Pigdeot's supposed Mach 2.

The Pokedex is pretty inconsistant.

Top Bottom