• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Sakurai, you just built a huge tower of awesome on top of a feeble little brick, and thn you kicked that brick and the tower collapsed completely...MASAHIRO SAKURAI, you're WORSE THAN EA! Sakurai's the worst game developer to ever exist on this planet, he listened to the fans with the FD version of stages, the Master Balls...but...he screwed it all up! He literally threw down the entire game, I'm having my doubts about buying Smash4 now. Great way to make the best cake on the world and then sprinkle a LOAD OF **** ON TOP OF IT.
Lmao, this is great.

I for one, am glad that the online isn't going to be crap. Although I would have liked stock matches to be available for anyone.... but i'll take it.

And kirby is buffed, and now were gonna have cool character surprises since the 3ds version will release soon. so i'm not complaining, there's still combos so i'm good.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Characters who I think benefitted from this direct:

- Palutena
- King K. Rool
- Waddle Dee
- Isaac
- Mewtwo
- Jigglypuff

Characters who didn't fair so well...

- Squirtle
- Ivysaur
- Dark Samus
- Ridley
- Saki Amamiya
- Midna
- Samurai Goroh
- Lyn
- Victini
- Deoxys
- Gardevoir
- The other starting Pokémon from X & Y

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Are you kidding me? The disconfirmation of Ridley outweighs every possible pro, the game could ship with 100+ characters and no Ridley would still make it suck, Smash 4 will indeed be the worst Smash by far, even how awesome Greninja is...
I don't think we should count Ridley out just yet.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Releasing the 3DS version first with an exclusive mode? It's like they don't want the Wii U version to sell.
You know, they gonna show more stuff from the game is coming first, Wii U gonna have more dev time and exclusive modes too (and best control)
#stopthenegativity

gamer8

Smash Lord
Well, I had convinced myself that I would be okay with any newcomer, but....Greninja? It let me down a lot, to be honest. That was really the main thing, I guess. Also, one (two if Ridley is seriously a boss) of my wanted newcomers was deconfirmed, the no transformation thing is confusing me, and to top it all off, I have an ungodly amount of schoolwork to do, which was dampening my mood even before the direct, but I saw it as a shining beacon of hope that would make everything more manageable, and then, you know the rest.
He's not completely deconfirmed yet like others have said. Sakurai is well known for messing with us, like the Pseudo-Palutena and ZSS thing in the direct. I admit I wasn't shouting for joy when Greninja appeared, especially when I thought it was Mewtwo at first glance but looking at the video, and the screenshots he looks really cool. There's still E3, and I don't think we'll get every character anyways until the game is released on 3DS. You never know what can happen.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I like how we got the most unexpected newcomer.

Not even mad, and actually I'm pretty hype.

Direct was a 10/10 for me, but I thought it was funny that there is a FD version for almost all stages.

Bringing Fox only Final destination memes to a new level after these people get over their hype being destroyed.

As for everyone else....

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
Just occurred to me, but think the character swapping was killed in benefit of the 3ds version, powerwise etc.
Damn direct killed my most wanted and one of my mains.
But Yoshi, Sheik, Zamus and Greninja.
Alright.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else think Wireframe Mac is the best costume ever?

Globe

I only care for waifus
A lot of mini heart attacks during this direct. Mainly when ZZS wasn't going to be in, but few seconds later

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
New Sheik moves. New Zelda moves. New Olimar recovery. New Link move. Charizard finally on his own. Greninja...

Everything is Final Destination.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

- Palutena
- King K. Rool
- Waddle Dee
- Isaac
- Mewtwo
- Jigglypuff

- Squirtle
- Ivysaur
- Dark Samus
- Ridley
- Saki Amamiya
- Midna
- Samurai Goroh
- Lyn
- Victini
- Deoxys
- Gardevoir
Jigglypuff and Mewtwo? Curious how you draw that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Are you kidding me? The disconfirmation of Ridley outweighs every possible pro, the game could ship with 100+ characters and no Ridley would still make it suck, Smash 4 will indeed be the worst Smash by far, even how awesome Greninja is...
Lol, no. Really? Because of one character, the WHOLE game is ruined? Are you kidding me?!

I dislike seeing Ridley disconfirmed but come on, I can live with that. Everything else about the game looks absolutely fantastic.

I liked seeing Sakurai catering to the more hardcore audiences and aiming at the tournament players. I'm a casual player, but I feel happy for them.

The soundtrack is once again godly, the new modes look interesting and fun, the characters are unique, the stages look amazing, the new items are epic... All of that loses the value because of Ridley not being a character? Don't be absurd.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Zamus is super sexy now

Only one sexier is greninja

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Snake still being MIA just hurts.

I'm gonna miss him.
I hate to be a downer, but it just looks like he's sitting this one out.

Who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Anyone else think Wireframe Mac is the best costume ever?
That was an awesome reveal.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
On the not so brightside I have to move Meloetta, Goroh, Tom Nook, and Meowth on my Rejected list on my signature

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lol, no. Really? Because of one character, the WHOLE game is ruined? Are you kidding me?!

I dislike seeing Ridley disconfirmed but come on, I can live with that. Everything else about the game looks absolutely fantastic.

I liked seeing Sakurai catering to the more hardcore audiences and aiming at the tournament players. I'm a casual player, but I feel happy for them.

The soundtrack is once again godly, the new modes look interesting and fun, the characters are unique, the stages look amazing, the new items are epic... All of that loses the value because of Ridley not being a character? Don't be absurd.
Yes it is

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
You know, they gonna show more stuff from the game is coming first, Wii U gonna have more dev time and exclusive modes too (and best control)
#stopthenegativity
They could pack twice as much content into the Wii U version - the fact is, with the 3DS version releasing beforehand many will burn out on the game and decide not to purchase the Wii U version, when it could have worked to the consoles advantage the other way round. I'm truly starting to believe that Nintendo have decided to leave the console to die, and are only passively supporting it.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Okay, seriously dude? Your entire base for why Smash 4 is the worst smash game "by far" is "No Ridley". So are all the other Smash games terrible because they don't have Ridley? Or is this the bad one because its the first time YOU wanted Ridley? Smash doesn't revolve around you, Sakurai has done many things to please fans with this game.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Yeeeah, I feel like Ridley might still have a chance, mostly because of Alfonzo and the fact that they waited this long to reveal Ridley, and all they gave us was a sillouhette. Just seems weird. I also think Mewtwo still has a chance. If you count Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard as their own characters, then Brawl had 6 pokemon reps and 4 newcomers. So far we have 4, and Charizard isn't being counted as a newcomer according to the japanese website. Even if Jiggs and Mewtwo both got in, we'd just then hit Brawls amount of reps. The fact that Goroh was shown and C. Falcon still hasn't been revealed really makes me think Sakurai hasn't shown any unlockables up to this point, so we'll have to wait and see.

Oh yeah, and maybe they're releasing it on 3DS first because the install base is larger and it isn't like "Oh I don't need to buy the game I can just play it at my friends". Idunno, still unfortunate.

Last edited:

Andrés Ruelas

Smash Rookie
Sakurai, you just built a huge tower of awesome on top of a feeble little brick, and thn you kicked that brick and the tower collapsed completely...MASAHIRO SAKURAI, you're WORSE THAN EA! Sakurai's the worst game developer to ever exist on this planet, he listened to the fans with the FD version of stages, the Master Balls...but...he screwed it all up! He literally threw down the entire game, I'm having my doubts about buying Smash4 now. Great way to make the best cake on the world and then sprinkle a LOAD OF **** ON TOP OF IT.
My god! your'e an angry person

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I'm a huge fan of this direct, even though the newcomer was an odd one. If everyone looks outside the box a bit more, you'll find more clues. Examples:

Paletuna is probably going to be a PC. He faked us out with the Paletuna trophy for a reason, and notice that she isn't in Pit's final smash anymore. And the Halberd is back, meaning Metaknight is probably back

Sakurai is making everyone's moveset more interesting (he is making extra effort on Shiek, ZSS, Zelda, Pit, etc.). This could be good news for "Ganondorf needs a new moveset" fans.

The wire-frame costume for Little Mac could be evidence that alternate costumes could be a little better than just simple color changes this go-around (alt costumes in addition to colors)

The online elements and the Final Destination modes for each stage is fantastic news. The GSP is odd, but hey, it's something.

And that's just scratching the surface. 6 Pokemon doesn't necessarily mean Mewtwo is out, either. You never know, man. There isn't some "magic" number.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
They could pack twice as much content into the Wii U version - the fact is, with the 3DS version releasing beforehand many will burn out on the game and decide not to purchase the Wii U version, when it could have worked to the consoles advantage the other way round. I'm truly starting to believe that Nintendo have decided to leave the console to die, and are only passively supporting it.
Don´t be dramatic....Smash Wii U gonna be the final version, who gonna play a serious fighting game on 3DS!! Let´s play melee and relax!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

- Palutena
- King K. Rool
- Waddle Dee
- Isaac
- Mewtwo
- Jigglypuff

- Squirtle
- Ivysaur
- Dark Samus
- Ridley
- Saki Amamiya
- Midna
- Samurai Goroh
- Lyn
- Victini
- Deoxys
- Gardevoir
I'd add Kamek and Tom nook to the bottom list.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai must be misleading us again with the Ridley shadow/boss talk.

I refuse to believe he can actually be so intentionally cruel to fans. The ZSS troll was fun, because a second later he said he was kidding. Almost a year of Pyrosphere pics with no boss/hazard is a totally different animal.

That said, Zero Suit Samus and Sheik both look amazing, and I'm so glad they're their own characters now.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Snake still being MIA just hurts.

I'm gonna miss him.
I hate to be a downer, but it just looks like he's sitting this one out.

Who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

That was an awesome reveal.
Don't count him out until we've got the full roster! We only need to wait until Summer (hopefully) until we know. We had a bunch of characters who weren't revealed until after Brawl was released after all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Can't wait to start analyzing the attacks. A lot of them felt brand new for the vets. I'm especially glad with how Zamus and Pit came out.
That whole thing of changing special attacks looks nice. Opens new possibilities for each character. Looking forward to it.

Top Bottom