• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Fight Club @ UCLA (Singles Tournies this Wed!)

iankobe

Smash Lord
@ the David discussion: LOL that's actually my friend that you guys were playing last week. I was supposed to come too but I was too busy... Not sure which David you guys are really talking about because there are so many Davids out there.
Anyway, I'll come this week...this ladder thingy seems fun.

Thanks for doing the facebook group thingy, btw.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
haha, very cocky lovage. we'll see. ;)

LOOOL

OMG thats one of the things i use to love MOST about this game. People who think theyre best childhood friend who showed him all the tricks about melee is really really good.

Can't wait till this fool david posts his little i got ***** speech, praising lovage, and then claiming that hes rusty and needs to start practicing again.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
wow the lovage defense force comes out guns ablazing. I never once said David would beat lovage. But I never like to make definitive statements about someone's skill unless I've played them/ seen them play. As of right now, Lovage is the better player because he won the last tournament set between him and David, there's no arguing that. I simply said "we'll see" because that's all I can say. I've seen people surpass other people before in the amount of time David's had, but I can't say for sure. But obviously Lovage has no qualms about stating his superiority (rightfully so). So yeah, we'll see. Although now I want David to **** Lovage's *** just to shut up the people that don't even know him, yet jump on the trash talking bandwagon.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I played David last year and played lovage in a friendly before

Lovage >> david

+ Lovage teamed with Isai at Zhu's

Lovage

Smash Hero
lol all that aside
i played david back when i was really bad and he almost beat me
i got a lot better and since he doesnt go to tournies im pretty sure he didnt

so let me be cocky

DanteFox

Smash Champion
lol all that aside
i played david back when i was really bad and he almost beat me
i got a lot better and since he doesnt go to tournies im pretty sure he didnt

so let me be cocky
fair enough. you and I have a better knowledge of his skill level than the other people making that claim.

Goober

Smash Apprentice
LOOOL

OMG thats one of the things i use to love MOST about this game. People who think theyre best childhood friend who showed him all the tricks about melee is really really good.

Can't wait till this fool david posts his little i got ***** speech, praising lovage, and then claiming that hes rusty and needs to start practicing again.
Why?

Reread your post. Realize that you and Dante are both pretty much doing the same thing, putting a word in for your friend. Except that Dante's post was light-hearted and intentionally worded to not be insulting, your's was condescending and you call a guy who's never posted in this thread, never said he could beat anyone, and even met and got along with Lovage, a fool and make assumptions about his noobishness.

You think it's funny that a guy posted a one line, polite response to at least stick up for his friend when people were talking **** about him behind his back? Consider your response to a guy, who hasn't said ANYTHING to ANYONE.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
Why?

Reread your post. Realize that you and Dante are both pretty much doing the same thing, putting a word in for your friend. Except that Dante's post was light-hearted and intentionally worded to not be insulting, your's was condescending and you call a guy who's never posted in this thread, never said he could beat anyone, and even met and got along with Lovage, a fool and make assumptions about his noobishness.

You think it's funny that a guy posted a one line, polite response to at least stick up for his friend when people were talking **** about him behind his back? Consider your response to a guy, who hasn't said ANYTHING to ANYONE.

1. Me and lovage are cool and all but we aint best friends, nor am i fanboy. I'm just aware of his skill level.

2. My opinion is backed with PRESENT day knowledge. And i have enough experience to know that if you don't play regularly WITH the higher skilled players there's only so good you can be.

3. Me knowing or not knowing, him talkin **** or not talkin ****, i don't give a ****. I'm simply stating that hes gonna get *****. He could be my brother, but that doesn't change ****, hes still gonna get *****.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
1. Me and lovage are cool and all but we aint best friends, nor am i fanboy. I'm just aware of his skill level.

2. My opinion is backed with PRESENT day knowledge. And i have enough experience to know that if you don't play regularly WITH the higher skilled players there's only so good you can be.

3. Me knowing or not knowing, him talkin **** or not talkin ****, i don't give a ****. I'm simply stating that hes gonna get *****. He could be my brother, but that doesn't change ****, hes still gonna get *****.
w/e dude. I'm done arguing. all I'm saying is, be careful, cuz as they say: "pride goes before a fall." Next time they play, we'll see what happens, and that's that.

Goober

Smash Apprentice
xDARKLINKx: That's fine. My problem has nothing to do with you thinking Lovage is a better player than Dante's friend. I know Lovage is ****, and I agree that it's unlikely that a non-tournament player can compare. But that's not the point here. You didn't "simply state that he's gonna get *****", you said:

You're Romeo right? I've seen video's of your matches and I've watched you play at UCLA tournaments. I know you're ****, and I know you know what you're talking about when it comes to smash. But this thread is about the club, and the club is about people playing together and helping each other improve. If you want to make fun of players with less experience than you, please take it somewhere else.

Goober

Smash Apprentice
Hey iankobe, did you say you could potentially bring a setup? I'm thinking if we get four setups we'll start a teams ladder as well :)

iankobe

Smash Lord
LOLOLOL.

How can you come and play without a Controller?

Goober: I technically CAN bring a setup, but most likely not because I'm coming from Canyon Point...its too far.

Goober

Smash Apprentice
RabidCh: haha don't trip, I have at least one extra controller I can lend out, but there's 1-2 other people using it as well, so be prepared to share heh.

iankobe: Haha, that is far. No worries though, just come play then :)

RabidCh

Smash Rookie
iankobe:
left it at home, living at dorms :(

Goober:
something is better than nothing
thanks

QED

Smash Apprentice
**** to the fact I missed out on the first meeting and **** to another fact I might miss out today (full-time job ftl. can we ever meet on weekends?). BTW do people get to play often with so little setup? Are we lacking game systems or TVs?

Also lol @ lovage. I've played him once and I think he's very good... but then again I'm so newb I think everyone is. How would you measure against SNPR?

I think it's unnecessary to john for other people -_- This is all for fun/practice, no?

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Taking money matches against my falcon, shiek, and fox. $1-3 BO3

EDIT: also my marf.

I'll be at Rolfe around 7:45-8ish (got class until then)

Goober

Smash Apprentice
**** to the fact I missed out on the first meeting and **** to another fact I might miss out today (full-time job ftl. can we ever meet on weekends?). BTW do people get to play often with so little setup? Are we lacking game systems or TVs?

Also lol @ lovage. I've played him once and I think he's very good... but then again I'm so newb I think everyone is. How would you measure against SNPR?

I think it's unnecessary to john for other people -_- This is all for fun/practice, no?
Hmm last week was pretty decent in terms of playtime since we did only best of 1 matches and most people played both melee and brawl. As far as TVs, this week there are three TVs that I know we'll have (two of mine and one from someone else who contacted me) , and then whatever other people bring. I only have one set-up personally, but last week people brought enough set ups for the TVs we had, so hopefully that'll be the case again. TVs seem to be the limiting factor since it's harder to get a TV to the room than a game system, but bringing either would help out and be much appreciated.

Hope you can make it!

Goober

Smash Apprentice
LOLOLOL.

How can you come and play without a Controller?

Goober: I technically CAN bring a setup, but most likely not because I'm coming from Canyon Point...its too far.

LOL wait, Canyon Point as in on campus? That totally slipped my mind when I first read your post. I thought you didn't go to UCLA? I just typed in Canyon Point to google maps and saw that there's a place an hour away called Canyon Point so I was like..**** that IS far. Haha.

And yes, we're all walking there lol. I walk from the apartments near the foot of **** trail. To make it easier to bring my TVs I put them in luggage things that have wheels so I can just roll everything down to campus. If you have a luggage thing like that you should consider trying it lol.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Are we going to do teams with 3 TVs today?

My friend David only wants to do teams, while I wanna start on this ladder thing.

EDIT: I don't to to UCLA, but I'm dorming with my friend because my school is 10 min away.

I'd have to wake up at 5 if I stay home. Yup.

RabidCh

Smash Rookie
probably can't go :(, too much hw and reading i have to get done by the end of this week

anyway next week i'll have a controller since i'm going back home so it's cool

Goober

Smash Apprentice
Are we going to do teams with 3 TVs today?

My friend David only wants to do teams, while I wanna start on this ladder thing.

EDIT: I don't to to UCLA, but I'm dorming with my friend because my school is 10 min away.

I'd have to wake up at 5 if I stay home. Yup.
If we end up with just 3 TVs we might do teams. It depends on the turnout, if we have a lot of people we might just have to use that TV to help singles ladders go faster. Maybe if we keep teams to best of one one tv will be enough for it? Or we could use it for friendlies..

iankobe

Smash Lord
It took forever to walk to the club. I wish it was closer...only if I had a Segway.

Looking forward to next week...I was undefeated today. I Can't believe it.

Goober

Smash Apprentice
Bigger room and more time! Horray! Updated the rankings as well. See you guys this Wednesday.

iankobe: I better get a chance to play you next week haha. Also, I'm sorry but I think the new room is actually a little bit further than the old one LOL.

D

Deleted member

I'll definitely go to this in the 21st for Melee, even though I suck

To Lovage: are you going to the ssb64 tournament on the 24th?

D

Deleted member

smoke2jointz got into ucla???

with such a name
imagine that

It's not like I used this name on the application, not that ******** (at least for public schools, I think i got ***** on private schools cause of this name)

Top Bottom