• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament in /Hamilton Ontario/ Dec 27th 2008

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament
Date: December 27th 2008
307 King St East, Hamilton, Ontario.
Sponsor : Pownz Gaming Centre
Start Time: 3:30pm
Registration begins at: 2:00pm
Game Type: Singles
Cost Per Entry: $15 [members] $25 [non-members]
Prize Pool: 60 / 30 / 10
Registration Cap: 32 Participants
Advance registration: Yes

Rules: Standard Smash Boards Tournament rules
Stock: 3
Timer: 7 Minutes
Double Elimination Bracket

Maps:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter

Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Green Greens
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Luigi's Mansion
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Details:

After getting feedback from our previous tournament we decided to host another tournament, this time with a prize pool. it's a $15 buy-in and %100 of the proceeds go into the Pot for prize division.

We enjoyed hosting the last tournament and are excited to host another, and would like to make it a regular occurrence.

If you don't have a Pownz Gaming Centre membership the buy-in is $25 and $15 goes towards the pot and $10 goes to the purchase of a membership [normally a membership is $15]

If you participated in the last tournament, your membership was already included and only need to worry about the $15 buy-in

Breakdown:

Member = $15 -----> Prize Pool
Non Member = $25 -----> $15 -----> Prize pool ------> $10 membership

Membership

A Pownz Membership allows you access to the Pownz Venue also allows it that if you come down to pownz you are able to use our gaming facility at a cheaper rate, participate in tournaments and events Or event host your own using our venue.

Questions? Comments? Call us at 289-396-4290
Or www.pownz.com

Anth0ny

Smash Master
BOXING DAY?!?

No way. If this was on the 27th it would be perfect. Not only do I work all day on Boxing Day, but if I wasn't, I'd be out buying stuff =P

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
To better serve the Brawl community, we have changed the date of our Smash Brothers Tournament to Saturday, December 27.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Where the heck are the videos from the last tourney? And hopefully I'll stand a better chance against Kingace this time around.

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Register early to guarentee your spot!

*Regarding the videos, we are sorry for the delay. They will hopefully be posted soon. We regret any inconviences this may have caused.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I'll register. It was pretty fun last time, and this time it seems more organized than before. And people who complained about the "profit tournament" before, can't complain so much now. My GT there is Pho.

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Where the heck are the videos from the last tourney? And hopefully I'll stand a better chance against Kingace this time around.
The videos are complete and are put into DVD format, we thought it would be fun this time around to add commentary and edit them [unlike our previous videos] They are available for players to purchase for $4 at the centre.

As time passes they will be available on the our website Pownz.com which is going through a transition to a new format but that won't be untill the new year.

Top Bottom