• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers University (SBU)

phish-it

Smash Champion
bubbaking/JKJ of course we can get some games in.

Also, I'll be bringing a Wii with Project M and the Ultimate Marlin.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
There is also a Wendy's at the Roth Quad. From the venue, it will take about 5 minutes to get there. It's called the Roth Cafe (Cafe in the maps above), located between the Cardozo and Whitman dorm buildings. Just hope you don't go in with the lunch/dinner rush or else you'll be waiting about 2 minutes for food.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
The tournament is today guys (get hype). In case any of you need it, here is both mine and bubbaking's numbers.

jamlosingthegame: 347-821-0272
bubbaking: 516-384-8041

Call/text either of us if you need help.

JKJ

Smash Ace
Bubbaking: Awesome tournament! Great job T.O.ing your first tournament! Don't worry about things taking a little while; We all had a great time! In my eyes, that's a job well done! Great playing you in both P:M and Melee!
Phish-it: Great to meet you! I kinda got destroyed in friendlies (in a good way). Thanks for playing with a terrible Falco main for a half hour (I know I didn't pose much of a challenge). Hope to meet you again sometime (and maybe take some games off of you!)
Jamlosingthegame: Your Roy kind of showed me up in tourney. I'm not really used to the matchup, but ehh no johns; etc. You're really nice and I hope you and I get the chance to play again!
I don't know everyone else's name on Smashboards but you know who you are, and it was great to see all of you again/play with you again. Hope to see everyone again at the next tournament!

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
OMG I beat Phish-it's Sonic!! It's my first won match at a tourney, I've never been so proud to come in last place!

Edit: In a friendly of course, but it's special to me. Ness vs Sonic is 100-0.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Thanks for coming everybody! I know there were a couple of bumps in this tournament, seeing as how it was my first one and all, but I'm happy that you all came to make it a success. Results will be posted up tomorrow (today), so stay tuned. Shout-outs to follow tomorrow as well!

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Finally, the results are up! Check them out:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330544

Edit - I guess I'll post these shout-outs both on the results thread and in here:
SHOUT-OUTS!!!
  • Tim - You and phish-it trolling Decoy and me in Melee doubles with that double Bowser team. It was working, too. :facepalm: Well, at least we forced you guys to go somewhat serious on game 5. Then you and John soundly beat Guru and I in P:M doubles. :urg: I'm prettty happy that I was able to get back at you in P:M singles. That was probably your first time facing a 'decent' Lucario, huh? :p Congrats on winning Melee singles! ;)
  • Ryan K - You know, I'd REALLY like to take you on in P:M someday without any troubling nonsense getting in the way. It was really unsatisfying losing the first match because of some random controls jank and then having to cut the set short after that. :( Hopefully, I'll get to have some real games against you soon...
  • Ben Grimm - I really think I have a Peach mental block now, or perhaps the stress of TO'ing was getting to me. Either way, no johns! I'll get you next time. ;)
  • Soup - Nice seeing you again. I can't believe you were able to beat phish-it! :awesome: Still, I know we all hate losin' to Ben..... :c
  • Eli - So you really have to win P:M tournaments, huh? Well, your DK certainly is scary, but I already knew that... I bet I could have faced off against you in GF's if it wasn't for time constraints. (-_-) Man, your Melee Doc was still really smooth, even after 4 years of inactivity. Still, my buddy Decoy almost downloaded you. :p Thanks for all of your help with this tourney! Congrats on winning Project M singles! ;)
  • phish-it - We never got to play those friendlies - I was just too busy :urg: - but at least we got to play a match of DK vs Samus in bracket! :) Still, it was stupid of me to chicken out to Sheik after that first match. Like I said, "Scrub decisions..." I got bodied for it, too. :facepalm:
  • Bubbaking - Well, at least we got top 3 in P:M singles! :awesome: We've got a lot of work to do, though. I've really gotta pick up the pace in my training... :-|
  • Decoy - Awesome teammate! We have the synergy; now we just need the actual skill and experience. We may not have done too well, BUT AT LEAST WE WEREN'T LAST, so we got money!!! :bee: Next time, we'll crush the competition! :smirk:
  • Deadgye - Having Jiggs trouble are we? :p Looks like you're gonna hafta put some more time in playing this game against people other than Paulo, buddy. :smirk:
  • Jamlosingthegame - Lost at the character select screen! :facepalm: Still, you did pretty well, especially in P:M singles! It's just too bad that we had to face off right before Loser's Semis. We play each other way too much for that. :(
  • Dohnut - Thanks for helping with the management! Hopefully, your team will do better next time. ;)
  • Glorified Mariner - I can't believe you and Tim would just go DOUBLE FOX like that!!! That stuff was messed up. Still really salty about that... :mad:
  • Cheren - Thanks for coming! Man, I think we only played one teams friendly and that was it. :ohwell: We'll play some more next time. ;)
  • JKJ - Thanks so much for all of your help with the setups and thanks even more for all of the patience you displayed while waiting for our bracket matches! You were pretty decent in Melee and P:M. Hopefully we meet again. ;)
  • Matt - Ugh, sorry everything took so long! :facepalm: I've learned from this experience, so hopefully next time things will go more smoothly. Thanks for coming, though!
  • Chubbs - Thanks for coming to my tourney! I hope you had a great time! ;)
  • GrapeApe - Man, I was really afraid your Sheik was gonna clinch it during our set in Melee. You've definitely gotten a lot better since we last met at a fest. Keep up the good work! ;)
  • TGOD - Thanks for coming! I hope you had a great time at my tourney! ;)
  • Knut - Man, you got bracket-wrecked! Tim in the beginning of Winners and phish-it in the beginning of Losers... That's really unlucky! :( Much better luck next time! I enjoyed our friendlies, as usual. :)
  • Guru Kid - My friend, Decoy, tells me that he thought your DDD was pretty smart. I'm sorry I kinda let you down in P:M doubles. Double Fox was just too much... :urg: It was fun playing both with and against your DDD. :)
  • Luca - I had fun playing P:M friendlies with you. You can play a good variety of characters. Still, it looks like you got IKE'd. :p
  • F.Blue - Thanks for coming to my tourney, man! It was a real pleasure having you. :bee:

Top Bottom