• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH BROTHERS VICTORY! Victoria Day. Monday, May 18th/09 HYPE PAGE!!!

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
SMASH BROTHERS VICTORY

Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament Singles and Doubles Tournament
Date: Monday May 18th 2009
307 King St East, Hamilton, Ontario.
Phone: 289-396-4290
Sponsor : Pownz Gaming Centre
Email: Contact@pownz.com
Game Type: Singles and doubles
Note: Change of start times, Doubles first, Singles to begin part way through Doubles.

Registration begins at: 12:00pm
Singles Start Time: 4:30pm (Part way through Doubles)
Cost Per Player: $5 Venue Fee, $10 Prize Pool
Prize Pool: 60 / 30 / 10
Expected Turnout: 40+ Participants
Advance registration: Available

Game Type: Doubles

Registration begins at: 2:00pm
Doubles Start Time: 3pm
Cost Per Player: $5 Venue Fee (Note: Venue fee waived if you participated in Singles tournament), $10 Prize Pool
Prize Pool Per Team: 60 / 30 / 10
Expected Turnout: 16 Teams
Advance registration: Available

Rules: SBR Certified
Stock: 3
Timer: 7 Minutes
Double Elimination Bracket
New Members attending the Tournament will receive 1337 Memberships at the discounted rate of only $5. ($15 regularly)

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion(doubles)
Norfair
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

April 18th tourny had a prize pool of over $400 and Victory should be even higher!

General Pownz Rules:
1. Pownz will assign all official tournament matches to specific systems to ensure the smooth pace of the tournament. Any game played during tournament time on a system that has not been assigned to the players will be considered a ‘friendly match’ and be considered a Scratch.
2. As attendees age vary greatly at each tournaments, it is mandatory that all language used during Pownz events is clean and free of obscenities.
3. All attendees should arrive at the Centre clean and odor free, Pownz will provide body spray for those who forgot this policy before they left home.

We are working tirelessly to ensure all monitors are %100 Lag Free

We hope to see many of you at you laddered Friday Smash Night. Smash Night Ranking is available on our forums, you need only sign yourself up. Friday nights @7 are Great Practice and Strat exchange for those of you looking to improve your game. Go to: http://www.pownz.com/forum/rivals.ph...rs&ladder_id=5 to see standings and join yourself.

Yoshi King

Smash Cadet
NNID
YoshiKing8
Very nice choice for the date Pownz, I'm happy to say that I'll be joining in along with Kalis and Earthbound.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Doc, I'll be ready for your MK this time. Same for you Hype.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Ness will be there :)

Also something I've been meaning to mention to Pownz staff: Stop mixing up the stage select rules when announcing the rules. When counterpicking the stage is selected before characters, not after. I've seen a lot of people confused by this. Characters are only selected before the stage for game 1 because of the stage strike system for neutral stages.

SBR Ruleset v2.0 said:
Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Umm...

So... what happened with that Pownz event in April? There were 5 replies to the thread, all before the time, and I never saw anything else.

Does anyone want to do doubles? Epic ZSS + Ness stun gun healz combo, c'mon, do it.

AvariceX said:
Also something I've been meaning to mention to Pownz staff: Stop mixing up the stage select rules when announcing the rules. When counterpicking the stage is selected before characters, not after. I've seen a lot of people confused by this. Characters are only selected before the stage for game 1 because of the stage strike system for neutral stages.
This.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Where's this Toon Link player that makes mine look like garbage?

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Pownz: will we be allowed to play on an SF4 setup, a friend of mine asked if we could have one...I wasn't too sure so I figured I would ask

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Pownz: will we be allowed to play on an SF4 setup, a friend of mine asked if we could have one...I wasn't too sure so I figured I would ask
If we dont have the Lag issue dealt with on the main screens, i'll run one with friendlies and one with SF4. Every Wednesday is SF4 night here and we also have a SF4 tournament this weekend (may 2nd) so come on down.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Open up a Pownz in Guelph, so I don't have to go so far!

Iliad

Smash Lord
Uh. It seems I may not make it to this afterall. Balls. There's a chance that Mohawk might keep me in school on the 24th due to the nature of the fast track program and the fact that we're missing enough days as it is.

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Uh. It seems I may not make it to this afterall. Balls. There's a chance that Mohawk might keep me in school on the 24th due to the nature of the fast track program and the fact that we're missing enough days as it is.
Good thing Victory is on the 18th :p

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
what happened to the pownz go bus, my parents pretty much told me to kick rocks when i asked for a ride xD

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
GO offers discount rates if you have 2 Adults and 2 Kids (under 17) travel together. Message Pownz your age and Location and we will work on partnering you up with a group. I think it comes to $13.50 each for the round trip. (here and back)

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
yes i might be able top come if the bus works out, hope to see the niagra guys on there too :p

JERK.ownz.you

Smash Apprentice
i don't know if he's coming... i still cant find him

i think its insom (insomnia)

are you coming pho?

Pho

Smash Journeyman
So insomia was the one that didn't make brackets at Prepare Yourself? And you said my Toon Link is bad...

KingAce

Smash Ace
reachin this still =)
my mm list u can accept or deny doesnt matter lol just want to face these ppl :
ambrose
nate
silverdoc
hype
$5 mm each?

Top Bottom