• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
When I play Brawl, I usually play with my brother, as he is always there. We pretty much know how the other plays. and I find this to be some sort of advantage. I learn new ATs and such, and he adapts since we play so much. Then when I play my friends, it's hard for them to get around a lot of things I take for granted. I have two other friends who also mostly play with their brothers, go to team tournies together, ect.

So are there any more Smash Brothers out there?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Ohh I see wat u did thar.

When I rarely play my brother, he sucks.
Well, its cuz hes 7. >_>

matt4300

Smash Ace
Heh, I have a brother my age that i play smash with buuuuut, hes not very good, and reallly only likes 4 player :ohwell: (he also get angry with me for utilt combos becuase he thinks there "cheap" I just reply with "DI"....)

edit: wtf this is my first post XD. Ive been lurking here since brawl was announced.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
My Brother was gawd with Samus when he was around. He always got the timing with the B, Side-B etc, and he always clashed hard. Now he left to AZ for school... he might suck now. ;p

But he's comming back to MI and relearn how to Brawl.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
My brother (two years younger) is the only person I ever really get to play with at home. In fact, he was pretty much the only Melee opponent I ever had for several years (zomg). But we got pretty good, just playing against each other, testing our strengths and weaknesses and trying out new strategies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
My younger bro (age 8) is decent with Ganondorf and Lucario in Melee and Brawl respectively. We're good together in teams. However, I can beat him with ease with my mains, Bowser and DK, and most other characters as well.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
My bro is only a year younger than me, and we are pretty much even. I love how our mains, kirby and Lucas, have a 50-50 matchup. Check out our vids(he's MCZX, I'm DXT) in the thread in my sig.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
:(he also get angry with me for utilt combos becuase he thinks there "cheap" I just reply with "DI"....)
So now up-tilts are cheap? What's next taunting is cheap? :laugh:

Anyways, I have a younger brother who I play with. He regularly detroys me though, the only times I've won were with Marth and ROB, and neither of those are my main or secondary (though I am training with Marth).

Tub

Smash Apprentice
i know exactly what you mean, i dont have a brother, but almost all of my friends who play do. they're always doing some little annoying thing that only siblings would know to do. "hey lets team up on him", or "why are you hitting me? go after him!" it gets SO annoing.

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
I play two of my brothers one a year younger and one a couple older. They don't use AT's since they don't know of em so I hold back on some while tryin to teach them others. Matches are close but I still win, but they get their ***** handed to them against my friends online, it makes me sad cuz they rep my username:(

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
My brother is actually pretty good at his age (11) with Samus, he often double stocks me (when I'm Snake) but I tend to get him back with some chain grabbing which he still doesn't know how to counter at the moment.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I guess in my case it's not Super Smash "Bros.", per se, but yeah, I used to battle my older sister. Her Ike was ... :eek: Scary to fight. She's left Brawl behind, though... Law school, you know...

I miss playing teams with her. Ike + Lucas = :bigthumbu

Denzi

Smash Master
I agree entirely. Most of my friends are like this, and my younger sisters tried to play, but gave up. (I was going easy on them too:()

Last edited by a moderator:

SoraOwnsAll

Smash Apprentice
You know the one thing I hate? The people that are like my friend. He's had Brawl since about the time it came out, like me, yet he never practiced, and every time we fought I'd beat him, badly, and he would complain about me winning and then quit...even though he never took the time to train. My brother is also almost always playing TF2 so i can't play against him. The only things I can play against are you guys here on Smashboards or the Computers.

Steelia

Smash Champion
...Actually, I have two Smash Brothers, and a Smash Sister, if you could believe that. :p (Though the Smash Sister doesn't input anywhere near as much time as my two bros and me.)

Still, when all four of us are duking it out... becomes great fun. (One of the few instances where I actually enjoy Brawl for a change.)

SoraOwnsAll

Smash Apprentice
...Actually, I have two Smash Brothers, and a Smash Sister, if you could believe that. :p (Though the Smash Sister doesn't input anywhere near as much time as my two bros and me.)

Still, when all four of us are duking it out... becomes great fun. (One of the few instances where I actually enjoy Brawl for a change.)
I really wish I could have that feeling man -_- I almost never get to play people I actually know in real life, and when I do, I swear it almost becomes a cuss fest because my friend complains so much about me winning most the time (even when I pick someone I've never used before)

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Lol my other brother used to play smash with us,but now he doesn't like playing. He said since I've used SWF I've been cheap (he cant handle ATs or combos) and says all I use are high tiers. I told him to look at who I main.

Aphrodisiac

Smash Rookie
Sometimes I play with my brother, mainly my friends though.
Actually we all play at once, 4 player free for all F.T.W.

Jigglypoof

Smash Cadet
I can't play with anyone in my house, considering all my siblings are under 4 years old.

Back in the day, like 2000-2003ish, I used to play SSB64 with my mom though. As funny as it may sound, she had a really good Pikachu and Mario. But, she gave up on video games now that she has 4 kids, 3 of which are under 4 years old, although sometimes I catch her playing one of the Donkey Kong Country games or the original Crash Bandicoot games or something that we used to play years ago.

Annhialator Zero

Smash Apprentice
My brother is actually the only competitive player who I know in real life (I know a couple of decent players but he's the only one with any of chance of beating me 1v1 without something ridiculous happening).

Top Bottom