• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Cards Brawl: Starting anytime now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Master
I know I'm being a PITA, but you should consider upping the minimum deck size. Otherwise, I'm going to make a deck with MK, his ritual, three Super Shrooms, and a Ganondorf.

1 - (0.7 * 0.6667 * 0.625 * 0.57125 * 0.5 * 0.4) = 0.966675417 Odds of getting ritual/Shroom in opeining hand.

(1 - (0.67 * 0.625 * 0.57143 * 0.5 * 0.4)) * 0.9666 = 0.92034117 Odds of getting two MK or MK + Ganon

0.966675417 * 0.966675417 * .92034117 = 0.860023263 = Success of otk.

If everyone has at least 2000 points, and a 10 card starter deck, I don't think requiring a 20 card deck is that big a deal.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Like I said, somethings won't be allowed, that's one of them obviously. You do have a good point though, so yeah, Ill add it to the rules. But as card lists will only be updated weekly, if you wanna play with just the starter deck, thats fine too. Also added ritual monsters to the "40 card deck needed" class. Sound good?

Also, 1048576, do you plan on revising your cards, or no? If not, I'd like to extend an open invitation to anyone who would be brave enough to go through my list of card changes and implement them. You would be credited as if they were your cards, SCV wise.

Smash Master
I might revise them later. If someone beats me to it, I won't be upset or anything, so yeah, if anyone wants to fix my crap, by all means do so.

Grunt

Smash Master
oh yeah sign me up too, i forgot to say that. XD EDIT: poke deck plz.
Also, this game seems to be missing generic spells / traps. most seem to be character or type specific.
Unless your plans are to keep everything strictly themed, then i suppose i'll try and make those kinds of cards, but still be smash related.
for example:
(He can't attack either)
y/n?

Smash Master
That card is broken. You won't ever take lp damage until the monster dies by some means other than battle, which currently very few cards can provide and most of them have very specific requirements.

Buckot
Bytan
Captain Falcon#2
Cracker Launcher //I tested this card using 40 card decks. 1st turn it can dump 15 cards.
Crate#2
Crazy Hand
Final Destination
Galleom
Master Hand
Pit Fall //forgot why you rejected this
Primid
Rayquaza //forgot ||
Spaak
Tabuu //he's doing his red ring attack, if you couldn't tell.
Trowlon
Lip's Stick #2 //if this is really what you want ...
Motion Sensor Bomb#2
Sandbag would be way borked if it was for all spells and traps. A +1 universal tutor. No thanks.
Star
Bomb
Big Blue //a small tap onto the track kills your opponent, but we need more S/T destruction in this game
Bunny Hood
Dragon Parts 1
Dragon Parts 3
Dragon Parts 2
Heart Container
You seriously don't like the art on Giant Mallet. How can you not like it? It fits perfectly with the card name and it's humorous. Meh, to each his own I guess. That was honestly my favourite card art. Popo's so jealous...
Fireball
Floow
If Gamyga has higher base attack, it will always be better than Ganondorf. The effect is a perk, not a cost. You literally have to kill it five times before it dies, just like in the game.
Everything in game damages, immobilizes, or knocks you back. We need more than three different types of effects, IMO; (referring to Greep.) It was a little overpowered, though, given that any deck can splash three Primid and a Greep, so I guess I'll remake it at some point.
Falco's Lazer

Beofre I go making the Final Smash cards, what type of card do you want them to be? I'm hesitant to make them normal spells because it seems kind of unlikely to get a Smash Ball, monster, and that monster's specific final smash in your hand at once.

Grunt

Smash Master
Kill the trap card?
can nothing do that either?
EDIT:
I could do a reborn and kill the monster if the trap dies.
Also if nothing can kill spells or traps, then you should probably get to that...

Smash Master
Yeah, I've been withholding some of my creations because nothing can kill S/T's.

The point is, you can't evaluate a card based on the fact that it has counters. IMO, a SoRL that doesn't go away on its own is a little much, but I guess that's for Ronike to decide.

Grunt

Smash Master
Ok so i know there's a lot i could do to the card, I had like a million ideas last night, but it was an example for a non specific, non item card, which still is up to ronkie's decision though.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
What is in each starter deck? If I missed it somewhere, it really needs to be in the OP.
EDIT: You should sign me up for spaces plox.

Grunt

Smash Master
Just off of what other people have so far.
Space:
1. Captain Falcon
2. Samus
3. Fox
4. Falco
5. Wolf
6. Olimar
7. Samus
8. Wolf
9. Barrel
10. Party Ball
MK:
1. Mario Mario
2. Luigi Mario
3. Peach
4. Wario
5. Yoshi
6. Bowser
7. DK
8. Diddy Kong
9. Barrel
10. Party Ball

Dunno what the pokemon one is.

Ronike

Smash Ace
You are supposed to figure them out, there are ways to do so. Above is one of them

Friendship needs some form of cost in order to be accepted. Plus, is it supposed to keep it immune from all targeting, like spells and traps, or just attacks? But yeah, it either needs to go away on its own, have a turn based LP cost, or something.

1048576, I'll go thru your new cards later, my sis needs the compy at the moment. Anyways, I meant to add "activate from your hand or deck" to smash ball, Ill be doing that when I get the computer back. And as for the cards themselves, it depends on the fs. For example, warioman and super sonic should be monsters, while zero laser should be a magic card that includes summoning zs. There are other less obvious ones too, for example, link's or marth's fs's could be overly powered monsters that only last for one turn, like mirage knight, or they could be magic cards, or they could even be permanent monsters that don't have a kickass effect. I havent quite decided exactly what I want for them yet, so give them a shot and my idea for them will evolve.

Also, since all mods have card approving capabilities, cards will be accepted weekly after we have discussed them.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Since Grunt and Number guy were talking about cards that kill S/T (Because there currently are none approved) I thought of something Generic.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/Vulcan5501/Powershield.jpg
Power Shield [Spell(QP)]
-Negate and Destroy one S/T on your opponents side of the field.

It's exactly like Mystical Space Typhoon from YGO, but MST was so close to being banned, I think it was limited to one per deck. So I need a LP cost or something.

Grunt

Smash Master
It's supposed to be just attacks, but I don't see what's wrong with it just staying there. Destroying a spell or trap card is such a fundamental part of YGO, it really shouldn't be as hard as it is now.

Smash Master
I already made a Solemn Judgment for S/T's. It's called Klaptrap. So far, it hasn't been accepted, though.

Ronike: I have a suggestion for the Smash Ball mechanic. If you search your deck for a Final Smash card, you must discard one card from your hand. This way, Smash Ball won't pay for itself and the Final Smashes, which could cause a +2 or more, won't be overpowered.

Turboknux

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering... How do I buy stuff, and when can we start playing.

Grunt

Smash Master
It's like fiber jar but not. It needs to be removed from play after usage, I just realized this, or you could keep restarting if you draw it again.

lol

Smash Master
You need some kind of drawback, IMO. Like, your opponent may opt to switch lp's with you or something.

Reported the post below me :)

I don't know how powerful the FS's are supposed to be, so some of them are wildly unbalanced. Pick out the ones you like, I guess.

Bowser FS
Captain Falcon FS
Diddy Kong FS
Donkey Kong FS
Falco FS
Fox FS
Ganondorf FS
Ice Climbers FS
Ike FS
Jigglypuff FS
King DeDeDe FS
Kirby FS
Link FS
Lucario FS
Lucas FS
Luigi FS
Mario FS
Marth FS
Metaknight the Banned FS
Mr. Game and Watch FS
Ness FS
Olimar FS
Peach FS
Pikachu FS
Pit FS
Pokemon Trainer FS
R.O.B. FS
Samus FS
Sheik FS
Snake FS
Sonic FS
Toon Link FS
Wario FS
Wolf FS
Yoshi FS
Zelda FS
Zero Suit Samus FS

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
You need some kind of drawback, IMO. Like, your opponent may opt to switch lp's with you or something.
Uh, no it doesn't. Otherwise, you would never use it. Either they keep their higher LP, or always switch for yours. Resetting makes everything even again. It doesn't need to put any player at a disadvantage, and certainly doesn't need a "drawback".

YOU DID WHAAAAAAAAT?

Grunt

Smash Master

I don't know how powerful the FS's are supposed to be, so some of them are wildly unbalanced. Pick out the ones you like, I guess.
u cant report pliskin! XD

Also, you do know it throws all your stuff into the deck too, right? plus it can only be used once, then it's removed from play. out of desperation, you may be forced to randomize your own good setup in order to try and ruin your opponent. you also run the risk of ruining yourself trying to get something better.

Smash Master
You will only use it when you are losing. It will undo all the work your opponent has done to put him/herself in a winning position. It will also enable you to skip your opponent's battle phase. (Use it at the start of the battle phase, they won't have any field, they will have to go to main phase 2.) You can also get a free direct attack. In addition, imagine playing five burn spells, then playing this, then playing five more. That's an ftk.

Fiber Jar is banned for a reason.

Whatever, I'm not a mod. I just like to argue :)

Ronike

Smash Ace
YOU REPORTED PLISKIN?!?! YOU LOSS 9999 SCVS!!!!
Ok, not really, but dude, its a forum joke man, chilax.

Pliskin, I am honestly honored with your presence. Your card will be a promo soon enough. Perhaps an instawin? We shall see... Thank you for your card.

Now anyways, again, I have no time thanks to sis's procrastination and need for projecto, but Ill be going thru them all soon enough. But here a couple of things:

MST doesn't negate in rl. Power Shield = broken. So, do one of the following:
Make it negate and only effect traps
or
Make it not negate

I'm making Item Switch to negate and destroy magics when I get a chance. Tripping for traps if you change it to the latter, and throw for MST if you change it to the former.

1048576, I dont have time to go thru your stuff right now, but hopefully later tonite or tomorrow I will. So far looks ok tho. Ill think about your suggestion.

Smash Master
YOU REPORTED PLISKIN?!?! YOU LOSS 9999 SCVS!!!!
Ok, not really, but dude, its a forum joke man, chilax.

Pliskin, I am honestly honored with your presence. Your card will be a promo soon enough. Perhaps an instawin? We shall see... Thank you for your card.
I didn't know. I thought it was just some spammer :dizzy:

Bombed

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Power Shield does have a 500 lp cost, so it isn't exactly mst now, but I don't know if 500 is enough. I suppose only play can determine that.

Ronike

Smash Ace
no worries 104. I was mostly kidding.

Vulcan, the similar card in Yugioh has a half LP cost... 500 is not enough and 104? said he had made one.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Hmmm the final smashes look good, but I wish more of them were monster cards like Yoshi and Bowser.

Ganon's and Diddy's look like they would make for good monster cards

Grunt

Smash Master
I suppose LRA Start could make you skip a battle phase so you don't get a free attack, but obviously you'd only use it to undo your opponents offense, as with any card, this just does it faster, but can also give them advantages by returning dead cards to them, and mixes you own deck which could ruin you even worse than it really was.

MST has no LP cost, but it does not negate anything, which should be fine for powershield.
Actually, I thought you might have a prerequisite on PS that you need at least one monster on the field to use it. it doesn't make much sense to power shield without a character.

Smash Master
Does anyone know the best place to get an IM account. I seriously don't have one.

Smash Master
It's kind of a blurry line. Every character remains on screen during thier FS, and every character is transformed in some way. I don't think they should all be monster cards, though, so I made the ones with essentially the same attacks as their non-fs counterparts monsters. I don't know what I was thinking with Yoshi, and I guess you can sort of make the case for ROB, but again, it's not clear.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Ronike if you actually use the Arf card you will be a hero among men.

Make sure it's ultra rare, of course.

Smash Master
Someone explain this to me. It's just a loud dog. As far as memes go, it's pretty bad. We already have wide dog and about a dozen different cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom