• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Commercial

Voharid

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys,

I am organizing a brawl tournament for my high school, and I am going to have to create a commercial to be shown on tv during the morning announcements.

I'm kind of drawing a blank on what to do for this commercial though.

It should be funny, that will attract more highschool students.

Like one of my ideas was to have me and a bunch of friends dress up as mario and other characters and battle eachother on stage, then have a scene of me trash talking to some noob while playing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
dude melee is the $}{** man and if you do melee you can have pichu skull bashing a wall and exploding and where is it and do you have melee there?

Legend21

Smash Rookie
Well you could all dress up have wolf, mario, snake and metaknight. You could have mario and sonic fighting then as sonic is about to hit mario a grenade is thrown and hits sonic in the head. Snakes shows up and says kept you waiting huh, and all of a sudden metaknight hits snake out of the war and says victory is my destiny. As all of them face each other you could have a person dressed up as bomb-omb and as they all turn to run away they all trip and they all look at each other and say thanks alot sakurai and they blow up. Then sakurai walks up and laughs then all of a sudden you see a c4 on sakurai and he says oh no and then you hear snake go NOW!!!!!!! End of movie

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You should make it somewhat funny and witty, but you should also try to get to the point very quickly.

If you carry on with too many theatrics, your audience will lose your message and you'll be putting on a skit instead of advertising your tournament. There's a comical and a business side to this kind of thing; make sure not to forget that.

TraverseTown

Smash Cadet
KISS. Keep it simple, stupid.

Don't do anything too absurd. You want everyone in the school who watches it to understand, not be a little in joke to the small group of people in your school who is familiar with brawl. Remember, elderly teachers and dimwitted students will be watching it too, not just video game fans. Also, don't make yourself look like an idiot, people remember those things. We didn't even have an announcement for the brawl tournament in my school and we still had 30+ signups.

Grunt

Smash Master

rehab

Smash Journeyman
My school did one of these. They made a nonsense mishmash of Nintendo cartoons and sound clips from melee and the shows, and put it on the daily announcements. It was kind of embarrassing to be associated with. Don't do that. If anything, just play the original smash 64 commercial.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The original Smash64 commercial would be cool.

You could even try, dare I say, Machinima for the commercial?

Top Bottom