• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash community UK

HaWXx

Smash Rookie
sorry in advance i didnt know were to post this.

Hello my name is HaWXx im a competitive smasher and a professional Gears of war player.

I do media and advertising for the UKeSa (united kingdom Esports association) and my job is to promote the UK smash community!

to do this i need all UK smashers names in this thread to first see how strong the community is.

after that we can then work on this, i will be hosting my own LAN events across the uk.

I am going to call these events 'The Smash League' and will be held in the three major cities

London, Birmingham and Manchester.

As i said, to do this i will need to measure the community, please jot your names down and bump the thread.

Example : Hassan Azam - HaWXx.

thank you and lets hope this works!

HaWXx

Smash Rookie
most of the uk smash players talk in this sub forum http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249647

and this thread, about our last tournament, is very active post in there and you will get noticed http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249647&page=139

I'm sure people will be happy about more events being held. i cant wait to see what comes of this.
thanx m8 for that, i guess the uk isnt that small when it comes to brawl XD

but i really need a list of the players, so i can hand it back to UKeSa, and then hopefully they will give me funds if its big enough and we can get the seasonal events running, i personally know Chris McDermott, event organiser for the iSeries and can make brawl appear as one of the competitive games along side halo, counter-strike etc

saying that i was given the task of gathering enough people who would attend and see if brawl, or even melee has any potential upon competitive games.

VA

Smash Hero
Brawl? BRAWL? no no no we need melee! Melee is the true competitive scene in the UK but brawl probably has more or the same amount of players. You need to talk to Fuzzyness and other tournament organisers.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
UK players play Melee, Vanity Angel is right.

I also play Brawl and I'm from UK.

Maybe you should do something in Edinburgh or Glasgow ;)

Tamoo

Smash Master
I can see a similar number of people attending a brawl tournament as a melee tournament. Thus it would probably help the community more to join both games to maximise turnout. Most tournaments in the UK are done like this, with a few exceptions like the national melee that just passed this weekend.

numbers wise, about 40 attended the national melee tournament, which was in southampton which if anything, hindered attendance. A national melee tournament hosted in birmingham almost got 50, and Fuzzyness runs monthlies in London for both Melee and Brawl, with one coming up at the end of january that looks to be massive, I would predict almost 60 may come.

Also, you say ur a competetive smasher, i take it this is for brawl over melee?

HaWXx

Smash Rookie
I can see a similar number of people attending a brawl tournament as a melee tournament. Thus it would probably help the community more to join both games to maximise turnout. Most tournaments in the UK are done like this, with a few exceptions like the national melee that just passed this weekend.

numbers wise, about 40 attended the national melee tournament, which was in southampton which if anything, hindered attendance. A national melee tournament hosted in birmingham almost got 50, and Fuzzyness runs monthlies in London for both Melee and Brawl, with one coming up at the end of january that looks to be massive, I would predict almost 60 may come.

Also, you say ur a competetive smasher, i take it this is for brawl over melee?
i apologise for the confusion, i ment the smash community as a whole, brawl and melee, il get in contact with fuzzyness :)

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
I really hope this goes to plan, I've always wanted to attend a tournament.

I'll get practicing :p

king1111

Smash Rookie
Lol what a sad bunch we are - I went to the pub and the bloody beer festival was on and my local was full of fat old men talking about Fursty Ferrets and Frolicking Farmers, lol
We had to retreat to a 'mainstream' pub and it was full of metrosexual pretty boys - no way was I going to pull in there

(I did spent most of my time in there in tears of laughter because this rather buxom young wench was desperately trying to chat one young chap up - hair flicking, chest thrust out the lot, when it was obvious from first glance he was a screaming queen )
=============
Travel Credit Cards
fiancee visa

Top Bottom