• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Smash Countdown Site Hints At BIG E3 Character Reveal

Who Will The Big Character Reveal Be?

• Ryu Hayabusa

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Kratos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 29 90.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua9001

Smash Rookie
http://foxweekly.com/2014/05/24/buzz/mysterious-super-smash-bros-countdown-site-appears.html
http://twitter.com/foxweekly/status/470236065278615553

http://www.onefinalsmash.com

Fox is reporting a new countdown website that is hinting at a big character reveal for E3 2014. By the looks of it, the hype is that this is a non-Nintendo character (third party). Last year, we had mega man, this year, we will have our second third party reveal. So who will it be?

There are sword or blade sounds in the beginning.. So excited, all aboard the reggie hype train!

Found this on other forums and 4chan, had to share this.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ridley. Ridley is the only "big" character reveal that I foresee. But if it is a third-party character, it is obviously Pac-Man.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
This is fake as all get-out.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like Big Boss is fighting someone with a sword. "Mercenary" and "Demon" lead me to this thought.
He was a mercenary, and at the end of the Phantom Pain Trailer Big Boss says "Kaz, I'm already a demon"(at 8:43).
There's also a sound that sounds kinda like when Snake grabs someone.
However, I think it's a fake. The presentation of this teaser doesn't fit in Smash 4's style imo.
The sounds are too brutal for Smash, and I think the sound at the end of the teaser is from Demon or Dark Souls.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This has to be downright fake.
Besides, I love those stock sword effects used. They're wonderful...

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
"A Mercenary" "A Demon"

Time to find mercenary characters who are/likened to demons. :awesome:

Also this site looks WAY too hardcore for Smash Bros., especially with those background noises.

Morbi

Scavenger
I tried to Google "Mercenary Demon" and nothing relevant was found. It could always be Scorpion (I wouldn't necessarily call him a mercenary though), word on the street is that he loves to be a third-party fighting game character.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I tried to Google "Mercenary Demon" and nothing relevant was found. It could always be Scorpion (I wouldn't necessarily call him a mercenary though), word on the street is that he loves to be a third-party fighting game character.
Implying it is real.
We'd have to take into consideration the "demon" part. Honestly it sounds like nothing Nintendo has done (unless I'm wrong and there is).

D

Deleted member

This is drastically different than what we've seen on the website. Some of those sounds are pretty out there for a Nintendo game (I've heard some stabbing sound effects... not really child friendly). I've even checked the official website myself and this "onefinalsmash.com" doesn't have a link on the official website.

I'm going for a pretty clever fake. Though, if I had to take a guess on this "mercenary," I say that it could be Shulk, Chrom, or Snake. For the "demon," I suppose a villain of Ridley or King K. Rool would fit this bill.

EDIT: Looks like the post above me debunked it.
Also, the time of that website is off. We will reach exactly 18 days and 0 everything else in 59 minutes, hence 2 PM Eastern time. This doesn't really match up with the 9 PM or 10 PM Eastern time that they planned for the 90 minute Smash Direct at E3. (unless they planned for a 2 PM Direct)

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I am not insinuating that it is real, I am just having some fun with it.
I understand that.
I'm just trying to find this "demon mercenary". The only guy I can think of is Dante (Devil May Cry). Though I'm not sure if he's a demon.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
This is drastically different than what we've seen on the website. Some of those sounds are pretty out there for a Nintendo game (I've heard some stabbing sound effects... not really child friendly). I've even checked the official website myself and this "onefinalsmash.com" doesn't have a link on the official website.

I'm going for a pretty clever fake. Though, if I had to take a guess on this "mercenary," I say that it could be Shulk, Chrom, or Snake. For the "demon," I suppose a villain of Ridley or King K. Rool would fit this bill.
I am going for "It isn't a petty clever fake, it is an obvious fake." It would be hilarious if it was Shulk though.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036

I'd say Ridley would fit it the most. Space Pirates are kinda mercenaries, and Ridley could be likened to a demon. Also the part about fear would suggest Ridley.

But it's already pretty much fake, but we'll see I guess.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd say Ridley would fit it the most. Space Pirates are kinda mercenaries, and Ridley could be likened to a demon. Also the part about fear would suggest Ridley.
I don't know.
I'm assuming the sword sound effects have to do with something. And last time I check Metroid didn't have those effects.

Dante is half-demon. So I suppose he could apply.
I guess.
But then again, what's holding me back is that IIRC Devil May Cry hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console (heck, at least Snake can say he did).

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know.
I'm assuming the sword sound effects have to do with something. And last time I check Metroid didn't have those effects.

I guess.
But then again, what's holding me back is that IIRC Devil May Cry hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console (heck, at least Snake can say he did).
Dante has some fighting game prominence though, he was in Playstation Battle All-Stars and Marvel vs. Capcom 3. So I could see him in Smash (not really, I am just joking).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Dante has some fighting game prominence though, he was in Playstation Battle All-Stars and Marvel vs. Capcom 3. So I could see him in Smash (not really, I am just joking).
Still, with those games it makes sense. DMC is owned by Capcom, and it's prominently on Playstation consoles.
However, there's nothing that justifies him in Smash.

Maybe we're just not looking deep enough. But I for one don't know anyone else who'd make a better answer.

The journalistic integrity of foxweekly has just gone down from the depths it was probably already at if they didn't do a simple whois on a mysterious website.

Last edited:

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
If this is real and those sounds are from the games that this character is from. I've heard those sounds before I just can't remember where from. Though it's not Kratos he's a God and a Spartan not a demon. Damn I know I've heard those cutting and thumping sounds before. Like they sound really familiar.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I gotta say if it is indeed fake. The person who made the site put a bit of effort into trolling the Smash fanbase xP

I think regardless even if when the countdown is over it ends up just being a big joke on us all. It might make for a good laugh as long as we have cautious expectations. xP

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
If this is real and those sounds are from the games that this character is from. I've heard those sounds before I just can't remember where from. Though it's not Kratos he's a God and a Spartan not a demon. Damn I know I've heard those cutting and thumping sounds before. Like they sound really familiar.
Dark Souls sfx?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Wouldn't it be funny if this turned out to be a deliberate way to tease a Bamco side project utilizing Smash that takes the series into a 3D fighting space, a la Soul Calibur?

Who would honestly see it coming? Anyone remember that Bamco hiring for that strange Smash project? That whole thing might be a little different than just simply beefing up development on Smash 4/5. I think there might be more to this teaser than meets the eye.

Having said that, I'm going to put myself firmly in the 'This is fake.' camp, but I'm not adverse to a little fun. Here's my guesses:

1.) A Raiden reveal.
2.) Announcement for Bamco's 'secret Smash project'.
3.) Fake.

Morbi

Scavenger
I just woke up my sister to hear her thoughts, she could barely open her eyes and she thought it was fake and cheesy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom