• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH FOR CASH (redwood city) sat9/19 (melee)

tutata

Smash Ace
update: If you think u can make it post so here, i want to have a count of how many will come just in case so we can clear the garage if necessary. If you are interested in bringing a laptop with tio please post so here, if you will bring one for sure let me know, post so here. If you have a recording device, or a vcr with a blank tape please bring one, let me know if you are interested so i can put you on a confirmed list, if more than one person wants to bring one say so on the post, also if you have the equipment to commentate and want to bring it please post so here.

For everyone that wanted to go to the tourney this Saturday at SF the 19th this sat, we got your back. Young Wus and Tutata are hosting a tourney at Young Wus's house.We dont have experience using tio so if you can help us out with that i think we are set. If we could also have some one help us run the tourney that would be great. There could be a venue fee if Young Wus decides, after all he pays the rent. If you are coming for sure post so here we need to have a number so we know how much room to make. Get food before you enter there is a Mac Donalds from walking distance.If you hold up your match you will be DQ'd

HOUSE RULES: Be polite, don't steal anything, wear deodorant, clean up after your self.

SATURDAY DECEMBER 19TH
Questions Contact: Young Wus 650-679-5249 or Tutata 650-218-9990
Where?
414 pine st apt #2,redwood city, ca,94063

time?
Doors open at 9:00 am, doubles start at 11:00

price: $5 singles, 5$ per person for doubles.
Doubles begin at 11:00 am

rules-
Rules:
-4 Stock
-8 Minutes
-Double Elimination
-Friendly Fire ON
-Items OFF
-Sets Best 2 of 3
-Finals best 3 of 5
-BYOC
-Wobbles maybe
-CAN ban neutrals

pot distribution :60%, 30%, 10% "could change depending on what you guys want"

Melee Rulez (shamelessly taken from SCSA rule set.. will update/change later)
* 8 minute time limit on all matches.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
* Wobbling is not banned.

Stages:

* Singles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium
* Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.
* Doubles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Kongo Jungle 64.
* Doubles counterpicks: all Doubles Neutrals plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.
* Things to note: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned for doubles; Kongo Jungle 64 on Doubles Neutral.

set ups:
-tutata
-Young wus
-Kruzz buzz
- SFAT
- Sheen
- Sheen

joeplicate

Smash Master
u got this kenneth, clay

redwood city's finest
probably a good idea to put up an interested/confirmed list too
also get a laptop/computer with tio haha

SFAT

Smash Ace
+1 Setup.

Edit: L (if he goes) will bring a laptop with Tio and we can help you run the tournament. If not I'll bring it. Unless somebody more experienced with running tournaments comes they can take over if they want to.

tmacattack202

Smash Cadet
yeeee yeeee yuh boy is coming

I might be able to bring a cube....aint sure tho MY GOOODIES NOT MY GOODIES!

tutata

Smash Ace
I will be heading out and then to young wus's if you have questions call him. There is no internet at his house atm so pleas call for questions.
so right now im guessing right now these are the people going tommorow
- Waffles (maybe) (you better come and bring sheridan and phil and everyone if you guys are not tired)
-L___ (maybe)
-tutata
- young wus
-sfat
-joeplicate (maybe)
-tmacattack202
-kruzzbuzz
-xerdos
-bets
-$heen
- commander cool
If you guys have not played any redwood city players this would be a good day to play us, especially nima "tmacattack202" cuz hes tooo good. Also if you wanted to go to the SF tourney but you are bummed out cuz it got pushed back then just come to this one. Its only a 10 - 15 min diff from redwood to SF. Let me know who will bring any kind of recording device and a lap top to help with tio.

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
Sup Tutata! Sorry I didn't click the link. I can get over right at 12 and I can bring a cube, setup. And I'm teaming with Zac.... Can you please put me in a spot in the tourney so that Zac and I have to play last. (Like last seed... or is it seat.. But yeah you know)

:D

Boats

Smash Rookie
hey, when do singles start? i literally got into town yesterday and just saw this thread today

SFAT

Smash Ace
Doubles:
1st - PewFat
2nd - $heen+Nima
3rd - BobbySiege+L

Singles:
1st - PewPewU
2nd - SFAT
3rd -BobbySiege
4th - L

Those are all I remember. And $heen, i think, deleted the Tio file because it didnt really matter.

tutata

Smash Ace
Thank you guys for coming out to this, You guys better come again next time we host one!
shout outs!
SFAT: you made me sweat with that fox, nice pressure, hella tech stuff scared the hell out of me.
Kevin: Nice freaking marth man
Savo: Thank you for coming. you better come to smash fest people host around the area "help me out with math please, after all your a math major in stanford"
Commanderkool: Your not bad for some one that is new to Melee, start playing those space animals. You were doing good when i was teaching you stuff.
L__: thank you for helping me out with the coaching
Bobby: Thanks for helping clay out with captain
$heen: thank you for bringing tio
Shean: thanks for coming even if it was for a little
Nima: Bring cash next time!
YoungWus: Thank you for hosting the event!
Sup: Try not to choke when you play doubles
xerdos: Keep going with that marth, try to get a strong secondary

HugS™

Smash Lord
I bet you youngsters didn't know that "Smash 4 Cash" was the same name given to one of the first, if not THE first, national smash tournaments ever.

The more you know...

Top Bottom