• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash has finally died for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Sad to say, but it has. I am not quite sure what it is. I used to enjoy getting better and challenging myself as I took my favorite Nintendo mascot and tried to become the best I could be with him.

I am not sure if it is because I am getting older, real life issues taking over, or whatever, but I can't even begin to remember the last time I actually picked up a gamecube controller. I have actually been playing my SNES for leisure over my next gen consoles. Mid life crisis of sorts perhaps?

I kind of miss that excitement, and let it be known that I have tried to reinstall it. I want something new I guess. A new experience altogether. I don't even play Melee anymore. Even my desire for Guilty Gear is bleeding away each day. I think it's an epiphany of sorts. I see what Nintendo and Team Ninja are doing with the new Metroid game, and I am so excited it hurts. Galaxy 2 appeals to me since it is Mario, but that's about it.

There is a good chance that there will never be another Smash, but if there is, should I care? I mean lets face it; they won't change the formula. That's not a bad thing, the formula is good enough as is, but it has got to a point where all the next Smash could possibly be is an expansion.

Lord knows I am tired of expansions.

I dunno, I was just curious if anyone else is experiencing this, or has experienced it before.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I experience this a lot, but it's never for more than a week or two at a time. I think I will eventually end up wanting more, but for now I'm just happy to have a game that I still find very fun. I hope you can renew your interests! No matter what happens, though, all that's important is to have a good time.

bleyva

Smash Ace
not sure what your talking about when you say they havent changed the formula for smash.

i consider brawl to be a HUGE departure from the previous installments, most evident in its complete shift in the balance of offense and defense

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
not sure what your talking about when you say they havent changed the formula for smash.

i consider brawl to be a HUGE departure from the previous installments, most evident in its complete shift in the balance of offense and defense
thats not the point.

but yea dude just take a break from it. I feel very similar to that. I pretty much got bored and started playing random instead of the characters I usually use. That entertained me for a while. but lately, ive just been bored of smash and even videogames all together. I might wake up one morning and be ready to smash again. or...i might not. its all a part of growing up.

Do whatever entertains you and makes you content

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I guess if you're playing SNES then you're not sick of video games in general. Probably just bored with Smash Brothers. Happens to me too. I let Brawl collect dust for about 6 months before I picked it up again. Played other games and took care of some life stuff. Just take a break. Your competitive juices will bubble up again at some point.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord

You missed the point, by a lot my friend.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
hmm its usually an on/ off thing for me

a few months i play brawl, get bored then play mkwii

i play mkwii, get bored and com bak to brawl learning and seeing new thing discovered so i repeat the process to keep my entertainment going.

MetaYoshi14

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I feel the same way also (I feel it every night when I am thinking). I usually find the solution by adding new and challenging friends to my brawl list and that keeps me happy and a little more entertained with brawl. But...the old songs (the menu songs) get me so sad whenever I hear it because I remember when my whole neighborhood and my youtube friends were so excited for the game. We played SSE like it was the awesomest thing ever. But now, my friends sold their brawl and my youtube friends play pokemon :(

Anyways sorry for the life stories. I hope you find a solution :)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Play Metal Brawl with a 1.6 damage ratio. That's entertaining, if I do say so myself.

Anyways, you probably just need a break. I'm kinda the same way with Pokemon or some Kirby games. If that doesn't work out, try mixing things up a bit. I used to hate how Dedede played when I first got the game, but after a couple months he became one of my best characters. Similarly, I despised Link because of his horribly recovery. Now he is my most played character because I have a blast playing with him.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I grew tired of Brawl pretty quick and moved back to Melee and I'm loving it. Brawl just doesn't have the excitement and fast-paced action that Melee has to offer. But I've never grown tired of the entire Smash series...

I'm sure their will be another game whether Sakurai directs it or not. The Smash series makes them so much money every 4 or 5 years that it would be idiotic on Nintendo's part to neglect a new installment. And I'm sure there will be a great new thing to keep people playing... I hope.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You might want to try posting a blog about this, it doesn't really belong here.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom