• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Cumberland 3 - June 22nd, 2013 - Cumberland, Rhode Island

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
We have both Project:M & Melee tournaments, a MENU, and an entire floor to ourselves. The venue has a wealth of TVs for us to use, however an extra Setup for either game is always welcome!

30A Martin Street
Cumberland, RI 02864
http://www.havenshine.com/#/hs-gamecenter/

Schedule
11am-12:30pm| Melee Doubles registration
12:30pm-2pm| Melee Singles registration
4pm-5pm| Project:M Singles registration

Tournament:
9am| Venue opens
9am-12:15pm| Warm-ups
1pm| Melee Doubles begins
3pm| Melee Singles begins
5pm| Project:M Singles
10pm| Venue Closes

**Registration times are set as a guideline of when to arrive. Of course, the sooner everyone arrives + signs up the sooner we begin!
If you need to give a heads up on arrival times contact MattDotZeb at 617-347-9686 to be entered with payment upon entering the venue. If you arrive after a tournament starting entry will be dependent upon progress of the tournament.
**If you are entering doubles you must come up with your teammate to register.

Entry Information
Venue Fee: $5 per person
Melee Doubles: $5 per person ($10 per team)
Melee Singles: $10 per person
Project:M Singles: $5 per person

**The first 3 people to enter with a game cube or Wii system receive $3 off their venue fee.
**If you bring a full setup for either game I will refund your venue fee at the end of the day.

A full Melee setup is a CRT TV, GameCube, Melee disc, and memory card with all chars/stages.
A full Project M setup is a CRT TV, Wii, Brawl disc, and SD card with PM v2.5b.

Payouts
Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Singles (Melee and Project:M)
16 > entrants
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%
16 < entrants
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th/5th: 4%

Rulesets
Super Smash Bros Melee
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Pause OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, and using Master Hand are banned.
* DSR Modified: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* All tournament sets will be best-of-3 except the following, which will be best-of-5: Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Semis, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

To decide the stage for the first game of the set, stage strike from the Neutral stagelist in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each game:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Project:M
Project M
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Pause OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If the match goes to Sudden Death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* DSR Modified: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* All tournament sets will be best-of-3 except the following, which will be best-of-5: Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
To decide the stage for the first game of the set, stage strike from the Starters stagelist in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.
Starter
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story
Counterpick
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
After each game:
1. Winner announces THREE stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Conduct and what to bring
Conduct
1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
4. You are responsible for your own equipment. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible, keep an eye on your equipment and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable as seen fit by the tournament organizer.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games for up to 1 minute. Opposing players may set a match with a 1-minute timer to enforce this.
8. DQ Rule: Players have 5 minutes to arrive for a match. If you arrive at a station where your opponent has not shown up, start a match with a 5-minute timer and alert the TO.
9. By entering the venue you agree that the tournament organizer has the right to allow recordings of a match or your person and has the right to upload that footage.
9a. The m2k Rule - By entering the tournament you agree to play your matches on the setup requested by a tournament organizer whether it be a stream, recording, or non-recording setup.
10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player’s ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the TO sees fit.
11. Texture Hacks & Game Mods:
Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as model or physics modifications for tournament play.
12. The TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, splitting a payout, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation.
13. If you are removed from the venue or disqualified from an event you do not receive a refund.

If you are taking public transportation take the 75 Bus from Providence to Pawtucket, and then take the 99 Bus to Cumberland. There is a bus stop one street away from the venue.

Maps and schedules can be found here
http://www.ripta.com/

Past Results

Smash in Cumberland 2

MELEE

1: Zoso $78
2: MattDotZeb $39
3: Mofo $13
4: Foxlisk
5: RyuCloud
5: Diesel
7: Mr. Lemon
7: Pimpfish
9: Nuro
9: CharizardMan
9: Dylzor
9: Joe
13: Mudkyp

PROJECT:M v2.5b - Pool & Bracket
1. Wolf | Zelda/Link $27
2. Shawn#s | DK/Mario $13
3. MattDotZeb | Falco/Fox/Mario $5
4. Mudkyp

Pool:
1. MattDotZeb ; 8-0 / 16-1
2. Wolf ; 7-1 / 15-2
3. Shawn#s ; 6-2 / 12-6
4. Mudkyp ; 4-4 / 9-8
5. Mr. Lemon ; 4-4 / 9-9
6. Temp ; 4-4 / 8-10
7. Nidra ; 2-6 / 5-12
8. Yong ; 1-7 / 5-14
9. Diesel ; He left. Free 2-0's for everyone!

Smash in Cumberland 1
MELEE
1. KevinM | 9-1 ($66.00)
2. MattDotZeb | 10-0 ($33.00)
3. Crush | 8-2($11.00)
4. RyuCloud | 6-4
5. Mr. Lemon | 6-4
6. Sora | 5-5
7. Shawn#s | 5-5
8. SmashJin | 3-7
9. Tichinde925 | 2-8
10. Joe | 1-9
11. KC24 | 0-10

PROJECT:M v2.5b
1. MattDotZeb | 10-0 ($33.00)
2. Sora | 8-2 ($17)
3. Mr. Lemon | 6-4 ($6)
4. Crush | 8-2
5. Wolf | 7-3
6. Shawn#s | 5-5
7. KC24 | 5-5
8. Temp | 2-8
9. Tichinde925 | 2-8
10. Zao | 1-8
11. Joe | 0-9

Contact Info
MattDotZeb - 617-347-9686
HavenShine - 401-365-7591

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is there anyone coming from northern/eastern MA who could potentially give me a ride as well? I'm not 100% sure that I'll need it yet, but it might make it more convenient for me to be able to get there. I live in Millis MA in case anyone is passing around here on your way to RI.

Ginger_Al

Smash Rookie
any chance that someone would be able to swing by Providence College and pick me up? I'm only twenty minutes away from the venue but the bus takes some crazy route and would take an hour and a half to get me there

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
any chance that someone would be able to swing by Providence College and pick me up? I'm only twenty minutes away from the venue but the bus takes some crazy route and would take an hour and a half to get me there
Join this group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/162378470483496/

And see if someone is available. How far away is the Providence Venue from your place?

Ginger_Al

Smash Rookie
Im about 5 minutes away from governor street it's real close. I take the bus to Thayer all the time and I think the venue is a short walk from there

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
I'll be making a stop @ governor street to pick up supplies. Post in the group to get a carpool going.

We are planning on staying at the tourney venue late until it closes.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So anyone driving through my part of Massachusetts? Most likely not going otherwise =/

Top Bottom