• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash IRC Channel Created!

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
So the DC++ hub is already established, already staffed with mods and bots, already well-known, popular, and has clear directions on how to get and use it, AND it has all the functionality of a great chat room PLUS video searches and downloads.

Long story short, we don't need a new, worse version of the hub. I'm assuming you weren't aware of it: DC++ Setup

Chakra

Smash Cadet
So the DC++ hub is already established, already staffed with mods and bots, already well-known, popular, and has clear directions on how to get and use it, AND it has all the functionality of a great chat room PLUS video searches and downloads.

Long story short, we don't need a new, worse version of the hub. I'm assuming you weren't aware of it: DC++ Setup
Heh, actually, I think Suiken knew of it when he made the channel, he just didn't want to download any new programs. As for me, no I didnt :dizzy: I considered switching over, but it's a little disorienting there, so I'll stick with what I've got.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Yeah. I've been in the hub before. Good times, but a lot of nonsense.

This channel is more dedicated to the people who strictly want to discuss Brawl.

~Dac

Suiken

Smash Rookie
People currently float in and out, but we need more regulars. Come and make yourself at home and grab some tea or coffee. Whatever floats your boat.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
I'm having fun. I'm surprised we haven't had a IRC room before this! :D

Roun

Smash Cadet
Hah! Works, first try. :cool: All I did was hit the "Okay" button over and over.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm still confused as to what exactly happens in IRC and what it is and what goes down. I'm trying to narrow it down for myself by reading the thread, but I'm not getting anything. A clear explanation would be a gift :).

Suiken

Smash Rookie
Hey again, if anyone cares our channel is still open. I just wish that everyone could get a chance to see this topic before it gets pushed back to the second and third pages.

Suiken

Smash Rookie
Yes, for some reason lately there has only been around 9 users in here. We used to have a lot more. Maybe because today is Sunday, everyone is depressed :\ Well, if you're bored, come in here!

Dacvak

Smash Ace
This was from the topic I accidentally needlessly made. XP I guess I didn't see it because I started on page 2, thinking this thread certainly wouldn't be on the front page. Whoops. =P

I was pretty sure there was a thread about this (or something similar) before, but after about 20 minutes of searching, for the life of me, I just can't find it. (Maybe I'm thinking of another message board?) Either way, resurrecting a dead thread is just about the same as making a new one, so no harm no foul. If you've already seen a thread like this, then this is a friendly reminder. If you're new to the boards (which I know there are a few new members since the last sighting of the thread) then here's your invite!

I'm just letting everyone here know that there's a Brawl IRC chat room open right now, and it's for people who want to discuss Brawl and any other Smash Bros. topics. There's usually about 15 to 20 people in there at a time, so it's big, but not so much that it's too insane to talk in. Everyone's welcome, and we hope you stop by!

The room is #ssbb on the irc.rizon.net servers. If you have any questions about IRC, ask them here, and we'll help you out.

If you're looking for a good IRC chat client, I'd recommend mIRC. You can download that here: http://www.mirc.com/get.html

#ssbb
irc.rizon.net

See you there!

~Dac

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
SOMEONE GET ON THE CHANNEL! There's too many AFK people! COME ON! CHAT! CHAAAAT! Btw, I like the channel :p

Dacvak

Smash Ace
It's a freaking good time. It's like the Smashboards, only faster, and without Dylan. =D

#ssbb
irc.rizon.net

~Dac

Suiken

Smash Rookie
UPDATE: the new site is www.smashroot.com - There is now a IRC channel script embedded on the IRChat page. All you have to do now is simply goto that page and viola, you're in. Very simple. Enjoy.

Chakra

Smash Cadet
This was from the topic I accidentally needlessly made. XP I guess I didn't see it because I started on page 2, thinking this thread certainly wouldn't be on the front page. Whoops. =P

I was pretty sure there was a thread about this (or something similar) before, but after about 20 minutes of searching, for the life of me, I just can't find it. (Maybe I'm thinking of another message board?) Either way, resurrecting a dead thread is just about the same as making a new one, so no harm no foul. If you've already seen a thread like this, then this is a friendly reminder. If you're new to the boards (which I know there are a few new members since the last sighting of the thread) then here's your invite!

I'm just letting everyone here know that there's a Brawl IRC chat room open right now, and it's for people who want to discuss Brawl and any other Smash Bros. topics. There's usually about 15 to 20 people in there at a time, so it's big, but not so much that it's too insane to talk in. Everyone's welcome, and we hope you stop by!

The room is #ssbb on the irc.rizon.net servers. If you have any questions about IRC, ask them here, and we'll help you out.

If you're looking for a good IRC chat client, I'd recommend mIRC. You can download that here: http://www.mirc.com/get.html

#ssbb
irc.rizon.net

See you there!

~Dac
Nicely done Dac, far better advertisement than I could do :chuckle:

Chakra

Smash Cadet
Need more members.

We really need more people, guys. C'mon, it's a lot of fun! :)
Click the link in my sig, and you'll be transported to the Root clan website.
There you can get on the server via an embedded java based IRC, no steps at all!

Dacvak

Smash Ace
CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected to receive TWO free iPod Nanos!
CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected to receive TWO free iPod Nanos!

[_] CLICK HERE to claim your prize!

Thank you for clicking! To receive your prize, please follow these 5 easy steps!

Step 1: Sign up for 3 of our 15 FANTASTIC offers!

Step 2: Sign up for another 5 of our 15 FANTASTIC offers!

Step 3: Give us your mailing address, and all other relevant personal information!

Step 4: Sign up for 18 of our 15 FANTASTIC offers!

Step 5: Go to Wal-Mart and buy two iPod Nanos!

Thank you for participating! You should recieve your TWO iPod Nanos shortly!

,,,,,Oh wait. You didn't want an advertisement... You just wanted to chat Smash with us. Nevermind all just.

irc.rizon.net
#ssbb

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
.wohs kaerf gnikc*f uoy ,eb dluohs uoy erehw si ten.nozir.cri no bbss# ,egassem siht daer nac uoy fI

caD~​

Top Bottom