• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH it UP...TOO!! Huntington, NY ((SKTAR/JAPENESE RULES))

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman

303 Main St
Huntington, NY 11743
(631)629-4711

At first I thought, there was no event on this day. Well I messed up! Impulse is going on this day! But we are still holding this tournament! So for anyone unable to go to Impulse that day, be sure to come by and play. I will also be looking to run the stream for Impulse to watch all the top level players go at it! The day as a whole will be hype!!

THE COST
$10 Venue Fee
$10 Singles
$10 Doubles (per player)
$5 Project: M

PAYOUT
Under 20
1st - 60%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

Over 20
1st - 55%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%

SET UPS
If you are interested in helping the cause, a Tournament Ready Wii will reduce the venue fee by $2, and a Tube TV will reduce the venue fee by $3
If you are interested in bringing a set up, YOU HAVE TO LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!

1. theDuL0R (Full SetUp + Project: M)
2. theDuL0R (Full SetUp)
3. theDuL0R (Full SetUp)
4. KForce1Luca (Full SetUp + Project:M)
RULES FOR BRAWL SINGLES & DOUBLES
[COLLAPSE="Click Here"]
-----------Basic Rules-----------
1. 3 stocks
2. 10-minute timer (Pools matches may run on an 8-minute timer)
3. Best-of-3 sets (WF, LF, and GF will be best-of-5)
4. Double elimination
5. All items off
6. Team attack on (it has yet to be determined if doubles will happen at this tournament)
7. Changing controls allowed
8. Pause is turned off
9. Metaknight is legal in Singles and Doubles, but only one Metaknight per team allowed!!!

-----------Limiting Rules/Bans-----------
1. No using infinites for stalling purposes
2. No bugs of any kind
3. No Infinite Dimensional Cape (incidental use of IDC is tolerable)
4. Ledge grab limit of 40
5. No scrooging (player must land on the main stage once before going under the stage twice)
* "Traveling under the stage once from the ledge" is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
Corollaries to Rule 5:
* When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage, Rule 6 does not apply.
* The moving platform on Smashville is considered to be equivalent to a ledge, i.e. if a player starts from the moving platform on one side of the stage and travels beneath the stage to the ledge/platform on the opposite side of the stage, the player may not travel beneath the stage back to the ledge/moving platform on the opposite side before until he lands back on the platform.

-----------Set Format-----------
Game 1:
1. Stage-striking order and controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors
2. Rock-Paper-Scissors loser strikes one of the three Starter stages
3. Rock-Paper-Scissors winner strikes one of the remaining two Starter stages
4. Players select their characters (players may elect to have a double-blind character selection)

Game 2 (and so on):
1. Loser may select controller port
2. Winner may ban a stage from NEUTRAL OR COUNTERPICK list
3. Loser selects one of the remaining stages
4. Winner chooses character
5. Loser chooses character
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until the set is decided

-----------Conduct Rules-----------
Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.

The M2K Rule - By entering the tournament you agree to play your matches on the setup requested by a TO whether it be a stream, recording, or non-recording setup

BYOC (Bring your own controller)

Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.

Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation is not allowed and punishable by the TO.

No subbing is allowed for singles or doubles.

Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue

Determining Controller Ports/Stage Strike
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

** NO REFUNDS ONCE THE BRACKETS ARE MADE FOR AN EVENT **

SINGLE STAGE SELECTION
Starters Counterpicks
Battlefield Yoshi's Island
Final Destination Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville Lylat Cruise

DOUBLES STAGE SELECTION
Starters Counterpicks
Lylat Cruise Delphino Plaza
Battlefield Battleship Halberd
Final Destination Castle Seige
Smashville Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island Pokémon Stadium 1

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints![/COLLAPSE]

RULES FOR PROJECT: M SINGLES
[COLLAPSE="Click Here"]1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. Pause set to "Off"
5. All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
6. There is a 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
o In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
o If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is used for all characters.
10. If Project: M freezes at anytime during the gameplay, after Project M is rebooted, the players will restart their match over (keeping the set count).

Stage List
Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Skyworld
Green Hill Zone
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Dracula's Castle

Counterpicks
Lylat Cruise
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Metal Cavern
Temple: M
SSE: Jungle

Set Procedure
1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 3-4-1 (Team 1 strikes three stages, followed by Team 2 striking four stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking. [/COLLAPSE]

Be sure to check out all the great LI Tournies we have this month.
Be sure to check out other LI tournies this month!
UPRISE of LONG ISLAND 10
IMPACT III

BROUGHT TO YOU BY...

KForce1Luca

Smash Cadet
Guess who ;D lol its gonna be a while for this one, i should be able to bring the same setup for Uprise but im gonna tinker with the brightness more

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Guess who ;D lol its gonna be a while for this one, i should be able to bring the same setup for Uprise but im gonna tinker with the brightness more.

I hope you've been practicing that Luca of yours Dulor lol

Sounds awesome dude!!! And I'll practice my LU-LU-LU-CAR-IO!! ("Notorious" by Biggie Chorus Chant) We'll show the Project: M world who the new top tier is.

—--------—--------—--------—--------—--------—--------—--------—

Edited the rules cause Im a copy and paste king. So to clarify REMEMBER:
1. YOU CAN BAN NEUTRAL STAGES!!! (Cause FD isn't 100% neutral) :troll:
2. Metaknight is legal, BUT ONLY ONE METAKNIGHT PER TEAM!!! (Cause Red Team MK vs Blue Team MK puts me asleep) :143:

iRJi

Smash Champion
I just want to tell you guys if you didn't know. Impulse is on this date, and a lot of NJ/Ny players are going to it.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
I checked for a date of conflict. And Impulse is in Canada....how many people do you think are really going?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I just want to tell you guys if you didn't know. Impulse is on this date, and a lot of NJ/Ny players are going to it.
a little exaggerated imo. This tourney should only be missing Will, Me(sorry abdul), and Dabuz from LI. Also as far as I know not too many NJ players come to LI tourneys. the tayf crew should be here and same with other LI smashers.

On a side note if the PM players from Uprise come to this. That will be pretty hype. Sonic being played at a high level. :o

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
You've never came to any of my tournies Tony T. Kinda sad you wont support the aura :104: But I got Kforce1 supporting the aura! :101:

KForce1Luca

Smash Cadet
and Impulse is probably gonna be mad hype but unless you got alot of cash, its not gonna be as convenient as Zenith was, and slap me down for a wii and tv again

iRJi

Smash Champion
a little exaggerated imo. This tourney should only be missing Will, Me(sorry abdul), and Dabuz from LI. Also as far as I know not too many NJ players come to LI tourneys. the tayf crew should be here and same with other LI smashers.

On a side note if the PM players from Uprise come to this. That will be pretty hype. Sonic being played at a high level. :o
Not really exaggerating, rather relaying information so you guys could have a successful tournament. By all means you can still do whatever you guys want, this is just me saying that I heard a lot of people were planning to go within our region. I originally had Collision 4 on this date, but moved it due to that.

You've never came to any of my tournies Tony T. Kinda sad you wont support the aura :104: But I got Kforce1 supporting the aura! :101:
Good Luck! Hope you guys do well ^_^.

Tony T

Smash Ace
2 Reasons

1. School (College)

2. Staying away from tournaments until SKTAR

And I do support the aura DuL0R! Good Luck with this and I'll see you at SKTAR!

KForce1Luca

Smash Cadet
Yeah buz is roomin with Monk for Impulse lol i gotta give him a hug to give for Monk. idk whay Will's doing during this but Eli, Dwop, and Leelue (sonic at it's highest and mr. sonic-sucks) might come but the fact that P:M wont start til 6 is kinda puttin Eli off to it, he might still come tho. And Tony, who goes to college to learn and go to classes (joke) lol I remember last semester filled with nothing but game room time, 5 hours average were spent there a day XP

Tony T

Smash Ace
Yeah buz is roomin with Monk for Impulse lol i gotta give him a hug to give for Monk. idk whay Will's doing during this but Eli, Dwop, and Leelue (sonic at it's highest and mr. sonic-sucks) might come but the fact that P:M wont start til 6 is kinda puttin Eli off to it, he might still come tho. And Tony, who goes to college to learn and go to classes (joke) lol I remember last semester filled with nothing but game room time, 5 hours average were spent there a day XP
lol nice one.

:phone:

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
i'll try to make this to support my maNz dul
YOU THE MAN ALLIED!!!

and Impulse is probably gonna be mad hype but unless you got alot of cash, its not gonna be as convenient as Zenith was, and slap me down for a wii and tv again
Roger that KForce

Not really exaggerating, rather relaying information so you guys could have a successful tournament. By all means you can still do whatever you guys want, this is just me saying that I heard a lot of people were planning to go within our region. I originally had Collision 4 on this date, but moved it due to that.

Good Luck! Hope you guys do well ^_^.
Thank you RJ for the heads up! I do appreciate it. I'm not gunna have an Impulse turnout, but we should have a decent turnout for anyone who is unable to go to Impulse for whatever reason. And I will be trying to stream Impulse at my event to watch all the hype!!

2 Reasons

1. School (College)

2. Staying away from tournaments until SKTAR

And I do support the aura DuL0R! Good Luck with this and I'll see you at SKTAR!
You will see me at SKTAR, maybe we can get some (what I call) semi serious friendlies in. I don't do money matches on the belief that I don't feel that money matches are necessary to make a match competitive between 2 people. And I'll be watching Trela most of the day trying to learn from the best.

Broccoli Kong (Will) is going to Impulse. I'm not sure if Vinnie is. I know Dabuz is. So regardless, we should have a good turnout. Hopefully a solid 16 singles. And I can't wait to see that Top Tier Sonic :-P

ALSO!!
Be sure to check out other LI tournies this month!
UPRISE of LONG ISLAND 10
IMPACT III

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for double posting, but stay tuned for some possible exciting news!! May have something cool up for grabs...TUNE IN!!

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Any pre-tourney practice on the 29th going on anywhere relatively near to New Hyde Park? If so I'd be down for it.

Double post >.>

Luigisama

Smash Champion
japanese ruleset? hmm didn't see that change coming.

Also lol at the LGL for Project M. Some jiggz is going to time people out.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Adam West: Who Cares? =D Timmy Turner: Wow, never thought of it like that
lol
Dad: And where did you get heat vision??
Timmy Turner: Uuuuuhhhhhh....internet?!

japanese ruleset? hmm didn't see that change coming.

Also lol at the LGL for Project M. Some jiggz is going to time people out.
Its a modified Japenese Ruleset. You can actually ban neutrals! And its really for the SKTAR practice. Doubles has the usual 10 legal stages.

BIG CHANGE!!!
I will no longer be hosting this tournament. My crew-mates of Tell All Your Friends will be taking over for me. I have been given the opportunity to go test the Wii-U through a friend and his membership to Club Nintendo. The Ruleset will stay the same, the venue, pretty much except for me hosting. The testing ends around 5PM, so I will try to make an appearance at least.

Tell All Your Friends:
Nuke
Raptor
Luigi Sama
Tricky Ghost

Top Bottom