• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Nation 2!! AKA "Carroll-fest" Results are up!!

Life

Smash Hero
Twenty-three days. And from then it's just over a month to /hope3.

It's almost like we have an actual Smash scene, guys. (Q.Q)

Life

Smash Hero
That post is the exact reason I tend to focus on Brawl, ironically enough. Well, when it's not being said sarcastically. But I'm not here to cause a flamewar so I'm putting this in transparent text. Which you're only going to highlight because I'm making you suspicious with an oddly-placed lessthanthree.

Srsly tho. :D The more events we have with OOS (read: good) players, the less bad Pittsburgh becomes. Thank you, Carroll and M@V (and any other TOs I don't know about), for helping us help you help us all.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, Pittsburgh is the only place in PA atm without an active brawl scene. Philly's always had one, and the Central PA Scene(Where I'm at most of the time now since I go to Penn State) has gotten significantly bigger in the past year.

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
Ok I want in! where do I find out the address and time and any other details I should know about?

(it'll be my first tournament so yay!) ^_^

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Perters Palce Restaurant
1199 Washington Pike
Bridgeville, PA 15017

10am Doors open
12pm registation for doubles
1pm doubles Bracket
3pm registation for singles
4pm singles pools
6pm singles Bracket
9pm tourny ends
10pm venue closes

As far as contact info you can pm me or text me 412-583-5180

:phone:

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
Perters Palce Restaurant
1199 Washington Pike
Bridgeville, PA 15017

10am Doors open
12pm registation for doubles
1pm doubles Bracket
3pm registation for singles
4pm singles pools
6pm singles Bracket
9pm tourny ends
10pm venue closes

As far as contact info you can pm me or text me 412-583-5180

Alright! thank you very much! totally plan on going. just one more thing, is there an entry fee or anything? also maybe prizes? Either way totally going should be awesome!! time to call up some friends ^_^

Life

Smash Hero
Hopefully I'll be bringing a friend or two along (but that's what I said at /hope2 and none showed), soooooooooooooooooo

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
So what's the level of competition typically like? Being totally honest I've always considered myself a decent player but I know I can't be since I've yet to incorporate the wavedash into my play.. :/

So yeah, if you can -- give me an idea of what to expect.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Coming to this with some friends from Long Island. See you melee players there. (This is just a new account btw, not my first tourney! XD)

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
So no one ever did reply to my question earlier :(

What's the level of play like at these tourneys? Is everyone god like? or can I expect some intermediate players as well?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Theres gonna be a good bit of everyone here. New players, intermediate players, god players and me;)
The important thing is to have fun and play as much as you can. You'll learn so much at your first tourny it's crazy. You'll be alright my man. And dont forget to socialize with errbody. Pittsburgh melee players are super awesome.

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
Theres gonna be a good bit of everyone here. New players, intermediate players, god players and me;)
The important thing is to have fun and play as much as you can. You'll learn so much at your first tourny it's crazy. You'll be alright my man. And dont forget to socialize with errbody. Pittsburgh melee players are super awesome.

haha thanks for the feedback man ^^ I'm pretty psyched

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So WV is currently planning on attending a Pittsburgh tournament this summer, either this or Hope 3, so watch out for it, imo.

Buford

Smash Apprentice
Carrol Ill def try to be there, and if I come ill be bringing 2-5 others with me, you should text me when you see this, and Ill give you more details.

724 831 7749

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
<Two Weeks Hype.

We should try and have a recording set up. Does anyone know of the software and hardware necessary to make this happen? I'd be willing to pick it up.

Puppet_Master

Smash Cadet
May 29th? Thats soon. *commence training montage*

Carroll i'll bring a TV, cube, and disc. I can probably snag a second cube + disc but I'm not sure yet.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
<Two Weeks Hype.

We should try and have a recording set up. Does anyone know of the software and hardware necessary to make this happen? I'd be willing to pick it up.
I think my boy Gracy has one and is planning recording.
Also me and d20 are teaming at this. ****.
Matt you wanna team for brawl? Apparently I'm pretty good at it? I was playing brawl in nc and they were diggin my zss.

Skyson

Smash Ace
Holy **** this is actually soon.

I am not sure I'll have money to actually go to this. There are definitely not enough days in May.

I can probably ask for work off this day, but... I've gotta figure out who's going. I could make the drive with some OH people if I had the money for gas. I have not been paying attention at all. Oh my godddd.

Nick I wanna go to this super badly but I might have ****ed up. lmao.

The_Aegis

Just a Taco
hopefully 2 friends and i will be attending also with a cube and game. however ill be late but i can make singles reg. easy =:)

Life

Smash Hero
week and a half hype (I need to get practicing again lol, or I'm gonna flub worse than hope2 if such a thing is even possible)

Top Bottom