• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Nation 2!! AKA "Carroll-fest" Results are up!!

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
I have said twice now if someone tells me the hardware and software I need for my computer to record, I'll go get it and bring my computer to record. Someone just needs to tell me!
I know of a way. There's a device called dazzle. actually **** it I"ll just paste the link where it shows you how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNPkmA6Gwfc

But yeah dude, if you could set this up that would be amazing! It seems pretty simple. only 45 bucks on amazon right now.

Funny thing is I was just gonna post something asking if we were set up for this or not haha. I'd love to show my coward friends back home how terrible I am haha. But yeah this is the ideal way to do it. Other than this...maybe people should bring some video cameras. I plan on bringing mine at least.

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice
I have said twice now if someone tells me the hardware and software I need for my computer to record, I'll go get it and bring my computer to record. Someone just needs to tell me!
I have a dazzle and stuff. Its what I was gonna bring to stream, but appearantly there is not internet? I guess we can still record. IDK if ill bring it though.

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice
Meh I guess. I assume my wii will be used for brawl finals then since i can record them at home? Ill bring the disks and stuff. Should i being a mic too? I cant bring a computer cuz i have a big desktop -_-.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Ok, since I'll be there early to help Carroll setup, I'm going to set up my desktop with a tv to record on as well as a set up for commentary and whatnot. This will be my first endeavor at this, so hopefully it all works out. I will probably play test it Friday at our weeklies.

:phone:

The_Aegis

Just a Taco
ok so will there be anyone else going to this that blows at melee? my 3rd tourney and pretty hype. hopefully i place better than last xD

Frank_desu

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm pretty average at melee I think. kind of hard to guage myself when the only thing i have to compare with is my circle of friends and people like ken and m2k on youtube... So what I want to know...of the best of the best that are attending...how would they fair against pro players?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
To all my melee friends worried about sucking. You won't trust me. This tournys gonna be sick because it has every skill level. Newer players, older players, intermediate players, really good players and pros. Just remember, Make sure you play everyone you can!!!

Also the real question is... How's me, the melee player gonna do at brawl!!! Lol my girl samus is coming for ya!

Skyson

Smash Ace
Carroll needs to team up with another Melee player for BRAWL DUBS. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. :O

TEAM BATTLE NOW R-2 FOR DUBS GRAND FINALS? O:

[I'm still only like 40% sure I can go but generating hype is all that counts.]

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice
Ok, since I'll be there early to help Carroll setup, I'm going to set up my desktop with a tv to record on as well as a set up for commentary and whatnot. This will be my first endeavor at this, so hopefully it all works out. I will probably play test it Friday at our weeklies.

What time are you getting there? Ill try to go around the same time so we can work out this stuff because I have, like i said, a dazzle and a bad mic. (and a headset but idk if anyone wants to use that.)

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Hey Taki, just found out about this and might be coming with my bro. I was the half decent but not quite good Ike from Tekko and my brother was the Metaknight who won that thing who also played a "melee" style Marth in Brawl. Is an hour+ drive from our place to tourney but I think very possible for us to be there. This looks AWESOME!

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
What time are you getting there? Ill try to go around the same time so we can work out this stuff because I have, like i said, a dazzle and a bad mic. (and a headset but idk if anyone wants to use that.)
I'll be helping Carroll set the whole thing up around 10am. I'll bring my Snowball mic which is pretty nice quality. I have about 1tb worth of hard drive space on my desktop so we should be money to record all day. I am going to go buy a Dazzle tomorrow because I have always wanted recording equipment, just never really knew what was a good purchase until now. So you probably won't need yours, but if you want to help me set it up and whatnot that would be greatly appreciated because like I said it will probably be my first time trying it.

@Carroll, do you have a bigger TV to use for GF's and as a recording set-up for the day?

Buford

Smash Apprentice
Carroll! teach me how to brawl and Ill team with you. Lolololol.

Im trying to get in as many friendlies with everyone as possible for melee guys. Feel free to just shout Buford and hope i hear, cuz ill def play each and every one of you <3

The Cape

Smash Master
Carroll! teach me how to brawl and Ill team with you. Lolololol.

Im trying to get in as many friendlies with everyone as possible for melee guys. Feel free to just shout Buford and hope i hear, cuz ill def play each and every one of you <3
How to play Brawl:

Hold shield and wait...

Life

Smash Hero
Too pumped! Still not sure how many of my friends are showing tho, one of my classmates has a grad party so IDK. But hey.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
2 days away hype, hype. This is the most relevant Pittsburgh has been since the Steelers and the Penguins won championships in their respective sports in the same year. Get on our level other not as well represented by sports cities.

Life

Smash Hero
2 days away hype, hype. This is the most relevant Pittsburgh has been since the Steelers and the Penguins won championships in their respective sports in the same year. Get on our level other not as well represented by sports cities.
inb4pirates

(And 100% confirmed barring medical emergency, if it wasn't obvious by now)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
WV is in Bridgeville currently, looking forward to wrecking young children tomorrow.

Buford

Smash Apprentice
The kirby player wishes kirbykaze was coming :/

and the peach player cant get VaNz anymore D: D: D:

now guess who that kirby/peach player is

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Kirbykaze posted in the Pittsburgh thread that he WAS coming with the rest of Toronto. And vanz said he was coming ride depending. But there are cars from OH coming so I think he'll be good.

Also just so it's on the page too.

THIS IS SUNDAY!!!
Not Saturday. WV giving me a heartattack.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
wow i can't believe i thought this was on the 28th...great now i have no idea what i'm going to do lol.

man...i'll get back to you guys on our plans tomorrow i guess...

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Damn, that sucks for the West Virginia guys, lol.

I predict SilentSwag will take this tourney. Yep, he'll beat everyone.

TheLake

Smash Master
Bag your groceries kids

cause its time

TO PUT AWAY THE GOODS!!!! *flexes*

>:O Oh hey cape...im beautiful

dont make me recite poetry! Cause ill do it! ILL DO IT DAMNIT!

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice
I'll be helping Carroll set the whole thing up around 10am. I'll bring my Snowball mic which is pretty nice quality. I have about 1tb worth of hard drive space on my desktop so we should be money to record all day. I am going to go buy a Dazzle tomorrow because I have always wanted recording equipment, just never really knew what was a good purchase until now. So you probably won't need yours, but if you want to help me set it up and whatnot that would be greatly appreciated because like I said it will probably be my first time trying it.

@Carroll, do you have a bigger TV to use for GF's and as a recording set-up for the day?
Yeah, Ill be there. I live in upper saint clair.

Top Bottom