• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Nation 2 aka Carroll-fest Results/shoutouts thread

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Ahh, that's your tag.

Did you get any syrup on you too man?
Nope because I had gone to the bathroom right before it happened, so I was still standing up waiting for her to serve all the food when it went down. Pretty much I lucked out.

And yeah my tag kinda sucks for people remembering and introductions, it's what happens when you make something up when you are like 16.

takieddine

Smash Master
Unknown got his back rubbed by a waitress while he was eating a sunday at this tournament... what more can you ask for...

*** w/ cheese...

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Starting to upload videos today. I decided to upload w/o commentary first, then do a second round later since I have to do special editing for the commentary. For some reason the uploads are taking forever. Will post back after work with more info.

Life

Smash Hero
Searched "smash nation 2" on YT and only got Jarv's single video. Is the tournament just not mentioned or are there not any vids on YT yet?

Skyson

Smash Ace
Dang I had a lot of shoutouts.

1: Unknown - Didn't play, but grats on first. :p

2: Raynex - Thank you for the few matches we did play. I remember sitting and watching you **** up a level 9 Fox like a combo video in the making, and I was considering not even asking you to play. But then I thought "what the hell? It's a learning experience no matter what." And you still beat me soundly. I took a stock or two, it was nice. And you gave me great advice about not overcomitting. Then you even helped point David out for me, haha. Thanks again for the friendlies, and grats on second. Your Fox is sick. :D

3: Ultra_Luigi74 - Best tag ever. "I MADE KIRBYKAZE SALTY ABOUT KIRBY DITTOS. GET AT ME." lmao. Those friendlies were the best because I had just been put in losers' bracket and was hella salty, so shouting randomly made me feel awesome, and it's so bad if I'm not playing with someone that finds it funny. And I can't stress enough how much I appreciated the Sheik dittos (which I did learn a lot from, mainly how to safely pressure shields and some really unorthodox combos; I'm bad at Sheik dittos) and DEFINITELY needed the Fox/Sheik practice. I still remember everything you said and described. I did everything I could to try and sponge that knowledge because I ****ing hate that match-up. I know you're salty about getting third because you told me before you left that you at least wanted second, haha. Thanks for the games, hope to see you around sometime. THEN YOU CAN LOSE MORE KIRBY DITTOS. ;D

4: Weon-x - Didn't play. At least.. I think I didn't? Were you the guy in the light blue shirt and glasses that played Fox/Marth? I played a good set of friendlies with you, if so.. if not, then I don't think I played you, lol. Good stuff on 4th.

5: The Lake - <3. Always always always my favorite smasherrrr. Teams was.. pretty good. We had a close battle, and I wanted to john so hard about the fact that Kongo Jungle 64 made us all look like SHADOWS while we were fighting. It was ridiculous. But we still won, so oh well. :p Then our losers' bracket match... aaaa I'm so salty. The only other Marth I've ever lost to in tournament is 4%, and you ****ing 3-stocked me with him? I was so ready for that Zelda. I was hella pissed. xD Then you still beat me Zelda/Sheik, though I think I put up a really good fight. The Zelda match-up doesn't feel so impossible to me anymore when I realize that it just takes a lot of patience.. but you still make it difficult. I'll be sure to get a deck together next time. <3 PA forever.

7. Taki - yay, another tourney where I can say "Taki didn't **** my face in singles!" gg in doubles though. I always love a good Fox edgeguarding. :p

9: Vudujin - Ohhhhhh god, Vudu. I exaggerate so much of my feelings so much of the time but everything I said was so true. I watched, like, all of the friendlies you played with Luigi. Most entertaining player/character to watch ever. So much sliding around, so much movement and ridiculousness, I remember why I missed you in the first place. I wanted to play you in bracket or something, and we had a really close friendly. I think I am getting better because I know you guys are as well. It's a good thing we didn't team; there would have been too much **** on the floor. I really do ask anytime I am going/at something PA-related, "WHERE'S VUDU?" hahaha. Maybe we'll get more friendlies in next time. :D <3

9: Kitty - When did you get so ****, man? I thought you got close to the bottom at the last tourney we played at. Your Falcon 3-stocked me? FALCON? ewwww. I wanna go back to the good ol' days where we determined game 1 of our set with a Kirby ditto! ;D haha. But really, good ****. I didn't see much of you playing, but you seem to have got a lot better. :D

9: Nakamaru - I was totally faking being salty. =p If you hadn't even said salty before we started, I probably would have forgot about the whole thing, hahaha. Minnty and I wanted to beat Vudu's team really bad to play you guys in losers' finals so we could beat your *** AGAIN. :O I should have played friendlies against you, especially with my BEASTIN' LINK [who I don't play anymore xD]. Always good to see you come out, and you know I can never stay salty at my favorite state in the world for too long. <3

9: SilentSwag - **** YOU JOHNNY. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. JOHNNY IS THE REASON I WAS SALTY AT THIS TOURNAMENT. ****. So so so so so much salt. Such close-*** games in doubles that I do not think we should have lost at all, though that actually gave us an easier bracket than winning would have. THEN IN SINGLES. UGH. SINGLES. I don't know why we didn't move TVs. I couldn't ****ing stand the 15~20 people shouting their heads off RIGHT next to us, and I don't know why I didn't say anything. asfger. You're really good though. Something you do a lot more than other Foxes really got to me: you use shine as more of a counter than anything. Like, any time I would try to approach, rather than just straight up shielding, you would shine me out of ****. I couldn't get in at all. I think I had you figured out, and I wasn't going to use broken concentration as a john, but whatever. ughhh I guess seeing you get 9th explains a bit, but I'm still super salty that I lost. Go be 12 somewhere else Johnny, fuuuuuuuuu. But you're PA so deep down I still <3 you too. Just... deep down. :l

13: Minnty - Yesss. The Chosen Two. :D I felt like I played way sharper with you than any other teammate. I made, like, no real mistakes in any matches, and made some key Zelda/Sheik switches to clench a few games for us. You compliment really well, and you can totally handle yourself in a 2v1. You impress me a lot, Chase. That's why I have to try so hard to beat you in friendlies [and still never do D:]. You're gonna make it to the top someday, 'cause you've got all the tools of the Fox player. CANTON! :O

13: Pat - aka "that huge *** in the pink shirt who mains peach and ruins lives" I like that name better. The more tournies I don't play you in, the better. I can't beat you yet, and I FEEL that I can't beat you yet, so until I can, I'm doing my best to just.. avoid playing you. Like the plague. :U I don't hate you or anything, it's just... that woman.

17: D20 - We need to do Young Link dittos! :D I haven't seen you in FOREVER. I can never disinclude a PA guy from my love of the state. =P I didn't see much of you playing, but I assume from most of the other shoutouts that you're still repping Young Link. :D Good move.

17: Skyson - Definitely okay with this placement. 17th out of 39 [ignoring the huge tie]? Sure. Just.. if you come back to PA, stop losing to Johnny. Soooo much salt.

17: TheLyme - Good doubles match. You were a good compliment to your partner, you had some really nice mindgames with Marth. The run-turnaround-fsmash was so hard to look for while worrying about Vudu all over the place. aaa. It really did help clutch that set for you guys. :p

17: AL Nicholas Rage (Carroll) - Oh Carroll. You don't know how much I wanted to stay for that Mario Kart game. Carroll + Vudu + Lake all playing the same game is way too much awesome for me to not want to jump into and enjoy. You PA guys... I'm kind of happy that that place was only 2 hours away. If you have things there from now on.. I may consider coming back up. :3 PA is always going to be where my Smash soul is at, along with my favorite smashers. <3 [We only played one friendly. Get *****. Sheik stuff. :p]

17: SLAMUS!! - This name scares the **** out of me, I am kinda glad I haven't played you. o-o

17: Rogue - 17th with Ness. Get someeeeee. Best Ness in midwest? Yeeeeee.

25: Dempt - Gotta get better scruuuuub. Gotta get your life situation back in check, you're still improving. :p

25: DaShivWiz - Good games. You took stocks! I don't think I'm anything like a pro, but I do stuff when I can? lol.

25: Get Low - One set at a time, Matt! :D If you're in the know about how to improve, then you have the ability to do so. Just don't give up. AND GET A JOB. :O

33: Pilbox - Were you the one playing Kirby? :D WE DIDN'T HAVE KIRBY DITTOS. And assuming that they take forever is baaaad. It would have been ALL KINDS OF FUN. :3 Maybe I'll see you around sometimes. Good games in doubles. KEEP REPPING KIRBY. I WILL BE BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY. The dubs match on Brinstar was intense. It's totally a good Kirby stage. :o I felt bad for knowing the Kirby matchup just from being a Kirby player. ): oh well.

33: Bufford - [switch the above shoutout and this one if you were the Kirby player]. Good games in dubs, most of the same from above. Your Ganon ***** my Zelda. T_T

33: Boon - Oh god you gave me a ridiculous match. You destroyed my Sheik and I think I abused the fact that you didn't know the Zelda matchup as well. Pocket secondaries. Close games, though, I was definitely on edge the whole time. I dig it, though.

- Brawl

3: Argent - No money for third place dubs? Guess I kinda did make a good choice, lol. Sorry.

5: Jiffy - Best car ride back home hands-down. Jamming to NOW 5 and singing songs from the past not giving a **** about nothing. That's how I love it. You're cool as hell. CANTON!

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Fun tourney, well run considering the lack of Brawl set-ups.
Sloppy Joes were too good. Thanks for hooking us up with that.
Where are the pics at??!
Now.......
SHOUTOUTS!!!!

13: Minnty- nice hanging, didn't really talk much though :\
17: Skyson- SHAKE YO FACE!!!!! :laugh: Car ride back was pretty cool, nice hanging out.

1: Blue Rogue ($96.00)- you had me worried there, good stuff teaming and congrats on first. :) Sorry for having to put up with epic NOW 5.... kinda. Reppin' that Ness in melee!!!
2: Mav ($48.00)- you've gotten alot better since last I saw you, congrats on second and hope you didn't mind my annoying crap talk too much. :p Take it as a compliment that I felt I needed to.
3: Argent ($16.00)- maybe my Wario would've done better but you were on point. I'm also trying to use my Ness quite a bit more, I'm decent with him and he could use the rep. Congrats on 3rd.
4: Fizzy- fun and good games in friendlies.
5: Col- too close, our set was pretty epic. Might've turned out different if I had been smarter but ehhhh.... no johns. Looking forward to playing you again :)
5: Jiffy- :ness2:
7: Jarvitz- we played alot of friendly doubles. :) Nice talking to you and keep at it.
7: Space Thing- good games in bracket, you got a pretty nice Lucario, keep it up. :)
9: And Man- I don't think we played :(
9: Sol- good games in bracket, hope to see you around.
9: incom- I don't think we played at all :(
9: Fosho- good games and nice talking to you. :)
13: AL Nicholas Rage- Carroll? (I think) nice tourney. If I get a chance, I might roll through again. n_nb
13: Alex- good games in friendlies.
13: Atlantic Lizard RSG- I don't think we played. :(
13: Rikku- you got this <3

Edit: CANTON!!!

lain

Smash Master
god damn it sorry i missed this **** pittsburgh :[ as you know I'm not the best with schedules... lulz...

shoutouts to taki for being dumb and not winning >:[ <333

+ the lake for being my MAYNE for no particular reason other then being black and awesome.

+ carroll I"M SORRRRYYYYYY I'll come next time bra

+ silentswag I see you fairin' people's bootys to top 9 ^^

+ SLAMUSSSSS I have your pillow :3

+ kirbykaze for lookin like me

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
1: Unknown ($210.00)- dood didnt get to play but u seemed mad cool and u ***** ****

2: Raynex ($126.00)- also seemed like a chill guy wish i coulda played that sick *** fox and gotten my *** kicked around a little

3: Ultra_Luigi74 ($63.00) (KirbyKaze)- ggs in friendlies they were fun i learned a thing or 2 that i didnt know before

4: Weon-x ($21.00)- never got to play you but i wish i wouldve

5: The Lake-what can i say one of the coolest ****ing PA people hands down you guys always have my love PA and OH we out to be the best here shortly

5: KrazyKrox- fun friendlies man thanks for the practice against fox i need it bad and that taught me a **** ton

7: Ambix- ahhhh nice set the second time we played ill ill have to make sure im the one that 2-1s u next time

7: Taki-didnt see you much or get to talk to you at all but i wish i couldve and maybe played a few friendlies

9: Vudujin-ggs in freindlies they were legit

9: Kitty- look at this scrub finally started using his falco again in tourney too bad he still sucks ****

9: Nakamaru- <333 mad love for ya naka the friendlies are always legit and i always have a good time playing you whether its tourney mm or just us ****in around and **** me that one cf ditto was insane u jsut roflstomped all over me ****in 4stockin like a boss

9: SilentSwag- ggs in friendlies and good talking to you for a bit keep up that swag

13: Minnty- fun friendlies i think after this i might have actually learned a little on the spacies match up altho ull prob still **** me cuz u have way more and with one the best ppl ever haha

13: KrazyKnux- gg in tournament man was mad fun and our games were insanely close loved it next time hopefully well get a rematch on that ****

13: Pat-scrub but i love ya nuff said

17: D20- oh man YL for the ****ing win i wish we had played so i could see if i could do better than when i first played you way back when bedford tournies were goin down like 2-3 yrs ago

17: Skyson- my man we need to do some more kirby dittos altho i hear ur one of the best now mad sick dood and thanks ive been working hard just havent been playin my falco no motivation lol

17: TheLyme- gg in bracket man our games were mad fun and ur mario and luigi were sick our friendlies after were fun man ur high tiers are also sick dood try some in tourney just saying bring more rapeeeee

17: AL Nicholas Rage (Carroll)-gj hosting now we should both try coordinating something huge together and making some kinda national out of PA and OH and get our states some recognition for the mad skills we rep

25: Dempt- hey man gj and i love playing with ya guys when u come down thanks for giving me something to practice against that isnt peach

25: tite- well played in bracket sir it was fun keep at it ur doing great and ur time will come

25: Get Low- where you at bro get on this **** i know u an bring the **** do it son

33: Saint- had some fun matches with you hopefully we can play again

and also gg to everyone pat and i played in teams it was mad fun and everyone who plays LoL on here should get ahold of me and we should start like a clan of smashers lolol

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Videos are being uploaded now to this channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FreewaySSBM?feature=mhum

I couldn't compress the videos so the quality is a little below average, I'm sorry. But they are going up right now. Each is about a 15min upload time so they should all be up by the end of the day.

Also if you notice you playing in some of the unlabeled doubles matches let me know and I'll put you in the title.

Buford

Smash Apprentice
33: Pilbox - Were you the one playing Kirby? :D WE DIDN'T HAVE KIRBY DITTOS. And assuming that they take forever is baaaad. It would have been ALL KINDS OF FUN. :3 Maybe I'll see you around sometimes. Good games in doubles. KEEP REPPING KIRBY. I WILL BE BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY. The dubs match on Brinstar was intense. It's totally a good Kirby stage. :o I felt bad for knowing the Kirby matchup just from being a Kirby player. ): oh well.

33: Bufford - [switch the above shoutout and this one if you were the Kirby player]. Good games in dubs, most of the same from above. Your Ganon ***** my Zelda. T_T
I was the kirby, pillbox was the ganon, but thanks man <3 <3

We def gotta do kirby dittos, will you be at hope3?

EDIT: All smashers who play LoL, add me. Jigglypuff LVL9

/meleetagftw

Ambix

Smash Ace
Videos are being uploaded now to this channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FreewaySSBM?feature=mhum

I couldn't compress the videos so the quality is a little below average, I'm sorry. But they are going up right now. Each is about a 15min upload time so they should all be up by the end of the day.

Also if you notice you playing in some of the unlabeled doubles matches let me know and I'll put you in the title.
Hurry up and upload all of them douchefuck.

I's an impatient nig.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Having trouble with Doubles GF and Singles GF vids cause they are too long...stupid 15 minute limit on youtube. So if I feel like doing it after work tonight I will break them up to upload.

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice

Ambix

Smash Ace
so what's the status on the videos?

I still want to see raynex get pichu forward B'd while i shout my war cry.

Rikku~

Smash Apprentice
I should really get on these boards more often...

Good Job everyone! Here are some belated shoutouts:

Blue--YAYYY!!!!
Argent--Lucario is too good!
Jiffy--scrub <3
Jarvitz-- You've improved so much since I played you in dubs at Hope way back when, good games!!
Fosho-- Good Games, and good Mario!
Carrol--Thanks for a great tourney!!
Skyson--fun times singing Now 5 in the car LOL that was amazing
Everyone I didn't play--Hopefully I will play you all someday!
Melee players-- HIIIII!

Maybe you guys will see me around, after I start practicing again on a more frequent basis :D

Top Bottom